Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The what’s the temperature or heat feel where you are at the moment thread

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
24.1 c indoors here, but it will be roasting this afternoon when the sun goes round the back - especially upstairs in the dormer. [emoji3062]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have all the windows closed. It is well over 30 outside and is still hovering around 26 in doors, thanks to the most expensive triple glazing that money can buy, and a top quality bit of building on our extension, that acts as a heat saver in winter and, now, appears to be working nicely as a heat repellant.

Working from home as I have been for the last 15 years or so. My two cheap and cheerful USB powered fans are whirring away merrilly and the temperature is most civilised. Comisserations to those of you who are not as fortunate.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Cambridge has already hit 32C - with many hours of heating to come

camb.PNG

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
32 degrees outside - but a very pleasant breeze.

I had to do some shopping today so I walked to Asda at 5.45. It was lovely walking over the fields and the rain was a welcome surprise

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We have all the windows closed. It is well over 30 outside and is still hovering around 26 in doors, thanks to the most expensive triple glazing that money can buy, and a top quality bit of building on our extension, that acts as a heat saver in winter and, now, appears to be working nicely as a heat repellant.

You skipped going to your meeting in London then :)

Last edited:

el punal

We NSCers are spread far and wide so post your temperatures, heat feel where you are during the day.

Here in the Worthing, it’s currently pleasant and certainly not hot. Quite a bit of cloud too

Does the interior of your house/flat get very hot in high temps or can you keep it cool by shutting doors, windows and drawing curtains/blinds? We live in an old house with thick walls so generally we can keep it cool in hot weather. Let’s see how it pans out over the next couple of days.

You have a perfect user name in these circumstances! :thumbsup:

By the way according to my weather app Antarctica is -52 degrees Celsius and with a wind chill factor making it feel like -62. That’s cool dude! :eek:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's a very pleasant 27 degrees C here in my sleepy village outside Lewes.

Obviously, it's the absolute BEST time for the car's AC to be broken

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a very pleasant 27 degrees C here in my sleepy village outside Lewes.

Obviously, it's the absolute BEST time for the car's AC to be broken

I bet it broke months ago and you thought "nah feck it, it's only any good for a few days a year, I'll leave it for the moment" ? :wink:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
32 outside, 24 inside at the moment. Sitting in the garden in the shade whilst it's still pleasant. Will go in for a cool down at lunchtime!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
31 here in North Somerset, set to rise to 36 by late afternoon. Toying with putting the air conditioning on but not cheap (Bloody Putin)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here