Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The unofficial NSC worst film you've EVER seen thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd have to say Avatar was the worst film I've ever seen. (although I've only seen about half of it because I got furious and bored at that point). It's superficial, cliched, patronising, lazy and pointless. It's insultingly bad. Utter waste of a gazillion dollars on a fool who'd wasted similar amounts on the equally shite Titanic a few years before

I made an effort to avoid Avatar based on reviews, looks like a good decision. However I do need to add the execrable Titanic to my shitlist and I'll see your Avatar and raise you WATERWORLD.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
OK time to upset the bedwetters on here.

LOTR 1 and 2.

Too long, too setimental and pure cliched drivel. Golum fits into this quasi Homoerotic war/lovefest like Joe Pesci fits in in Lethal Weapon 3.

Star Wars movies.

Although I like them they have the worse dialogue ive ever come across, "Hes killed all the younglings".

ALL the Harry Potter Movies.
Just reaks of english middle class english snobbery about statuses etc, mud bloods, muggles etc. House teams. The rest is standard witches and wizards guff and dobbie is just a jar jar binks mini-me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reversal of Fortune, a boring 1990 film with Jeremy Irons about Claus von Bulow. So boring, I fell fast asleep watching it at the Brighton Odeon.

Hard to say about films you've only watched on TV, as you can change channels early on.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some of those 90's police films and sequels were dire.

Another Steakout
Beverly Hills Cop 3

I saw The Mean Machine and rated that one of worst films I've seen.

Anything the Wayans Brothers churn out. Scary Movie etc. woefully unfunny .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For me it was Letters to Juliet, an attempted light comedy romance which failed abysmally. It ended up more like an Italian tourism film. Ghastly.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Raid II fits that bill perfectly. English subs AND I hadn't seen the first one, so it made about as much sense to me as a chocolate teapot. That and the fight scenes were far too choreographed, making them by extension predictable, lengthy and tedious.

I've seen Raid I, a supposed classic, but the same can be levelled at that - over choreographed and overly absurd fight scenes.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I made an effort to avoid Avatar based on reviews, looks like a good decision. However I do need to add the execrable Titanic to my shitlist and I'll see your Avatar and raise you WATERWORLD.

Thought Waterworld was just a bit of enjoyable tat but a lot of people jumped on the critics bandwagon due to the cost of it! As for Avatar, never watched it when it was released but forced myself to watch on the telly (needed two attempts) and thought it was a load of tripe!

The Langoliers - started off unintentionally funny, ended unintentionally terrible.

edit: Also Hellraiser III : Hell on Earth.

Wondered if anyone would mention that one. The first part was spent building up the suspension and then it was like the ideas ran out so decided that the would bring in some matter eating metal munchers. Could have sworn one of the actors was a young Russell Crowe but he's not in the credits. Having said that, if it was him, not surprised he changed his name.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Lawnmower Man. Paid good money to watch that and I still have absolutely no idea what it was about.

Dim gardener gets steroided by well being scientist, goes a bit Clockwork Orange in a Tron sort of Way.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
ALL the Harry Potter Movies.
Just reaks of english middle class english snobbery about statuses etc, mud bloods, muggles etc. House teams. The rest is standard witches and wizards guff and dobbie is just a jar jar binks mini-me.

They're by no means my favourite films but the class aspect of it is included as a, if you like, satire upon real-life snobbery, not promoting it. J** J** B***s belongs in his own class of f*cking irritating of which Dobby comes nowhere near.

I can't believe we have come to the 4th page without a mention of Batman and Robin. I'd heard it was terrible but was not prepared for the sheer ridiculousness of the first 15 minutes, I couldn't stop laughing. That is, until I realised that they were taking it seriously and how shockingly bad it was.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Girls School Screamers

Whatever you have seen in acting ability, this is 10 times worse

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410896766.048738.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410896766.048738.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 258

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here