Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The unofficial NSC worst film you've EVER seen thread

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Dungeons & Dragons with Jeremy Irons *shudder*
Click (walked out of cinema after 40 minutes, horrible)
Sex and the City 2 (with the ex, shite)
Terminator Salvation (personal as I'm a huge Terminator franchise fan and loathed this movie, never been so bored)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Thought Black Swan was a load of shite, especially considering all the hype around it.

Just seeing the trailer for 'Mrs Brown's Boys D'movie' made me contemplate suicide but I haven't actually seen it, so can't really claim it.

Can't believe I've seen The Truman Show and Lost in Translation nominated in this thread :nono:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
tmm_1sht_l.jpg

A George Clooney vanity project. I've never seen so many people leave a film early. Absolute bilge of the highest order. Cate Blanchett does a Dick Van Dyke as well.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
In terms of worst acting, script, plot, production values, and everything regarding movies, then Wild Orchi d* with Mickey Rourke takes some beating.

OK, Plan 9 From Outer Space trumps it technically in every respect, but that comfortably falls into the 'so shit it's brilliant' cult category. Wild Orchi d is just plain shit.

In terms of worst films I've seen that everyone else kept telling me were brilliant, then all 3 LOTR films. Technically OK, just endlessly, interminably, excutiatingly, mind-numbingly dull.

*had to put a space in because it was hot linking to some spam site.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
i'm surprised no-one has mentioned M. Night Shyamalan's 'The Village' - Boring and vrey predictable plot twist

I agree that World's End was bad (i'd really liked all the other Simon Pegg films so this was a huge disappointment) and Moments men wasn't very good either

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I would like to nominate Argo as the worst film to win the Best Picture Oscar. Keystone Cop style chases up runways are entertaining, but not in a serious film and it usually helps the impact of the film if you like the characters being rescued - I was hoping that they got caught, frankly. I thought the whole thing was dreadful, over-hyped bibble.

Titanic does come a close second, but at least we all knew that was going to be shite before we saw it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Seen lots of awful films, but a special mention for 'Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves'.

Kevin Costner gives one of the worst and most irritating acting performances I've ever seen (Robin Hood with an American accent) - and the rest of the cast isn't much better. All the performances seem ham-fisted, wooden and contrived. For the pedant, it also has annoying inaccuracies (the white cliffs of Dover are just outside Nottingham, apparently).

Worst of all, although I'm still not quite sure how or why (given that the story has all the elements needed to make a 'thrilling family adventure') it is also one of the most boring and tedious films ever made.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Saw 3 - The series as a whole has some very good films and moments. This film is just plain sick. Made me feel physically unwell. If I watched it I think the Human Centipede 2 - Full Sequence would be up there. Tox Six has just finished the Human Centipede 3 - The Final Sequence with 500 humans

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Lake_placid_ver2.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The first Saw was actually a genuinely good horror film. So I watched the 2nd and it was really bad, and the third which was even worse- and I presume that trend continues for the rest of the sequels!

That reminds me, there are a lot of terrible horror films out there, but I remember this being ridiculously bad:

278791_det.jpg

4 and 5 were good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here