The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
what happens to the channel tunnel if we vote out,i assume it quite obviously stays but will there be delays due to an increase in security checks....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
for quite a few years now people have raised their concerns over matters like lower wages,lowering of working conditions or even losing out on a job all together.
i thought we were passed the point where the catch all response was shut up you clearly dont like immigrants

obviously not.....very poor

It was a bit tongue in cheek. Read all his responses to any attempt to explain why there are no facts about what life would have been like outside the EU other than that they would be speculation. He then ends up with the lazy anecdotal stuff or migrants not speaking English in his high street, migrants using up the doctors appointments and causing delays for operations and migrants taking all the jobs etc etc.

I don't for one minute believe all the Brexit supporters are racist.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Here's the catch,I'm half italian.My parents are immigrants.I have plenty of
cousins who are immigrants.

What you said was cheap and easy.You have dismissed my valid arguments and hidden behind that lazy sentence.

You've spent the last couple of days dismissing anything you don't understand. You go on about the scaremongering of the Remain campaign and then fall into the same trap yourself.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
what happens to the channel tunnel if we vote out,i assume it quite obviously stays but will there be delays due to an increase in security checks....

why even keep it open?

if gregbrighton is correct all Brits are going to be forcibly sent home German style in cattle trucks if there is a Brexit. No more holidays to Europe. No need for the tunnel.

Which has me concerned now,how will i cope without Boursin after a Brexit?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
why even keep it open?

if gregbrighton is correct all Brits are going to be forcibly sent home German style in cattle trucks if there is a Brexit. No more holidays to Europe. No need for the tunnel.

Perhaps we might start a campaign to the redundant tunnel as a soft cheese factory,cold and dark be perfect,would have to snatch the recipe and get the head of production of the French first.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
You've spent the last couple of days dismissing anything you don't understand. You go on about the scaremongering of the Remain campaign and then fall into the same trap yourself.

You haven't made your case and fail to reply to questions you find difficult.
So here we go again.
1/Taking into account we do not have enough houses,school/nursery places,hospital beds,the police are stretched,plus we have unemployment, how do you suppose we will cope with hundreds of thousands of new migrants every year?

2/You yourself have admitted there is no way to prove if we are benefitting financially from being in the EU so therefore how can you say being in the EU is a good thing?
(Please don't avoid my questions again)

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
why even keep it open?

Simples. We make our own and call it 'Farage Hawhehaw' :wink:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
The Remain campaign are just going to shade this vote because it has come a little early however there will be another one within 5-10 years which the Leave campaign will win.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
'Mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik's human rights have been violated during his imprisonment, a Norwegian court has ruled.
Breivik won parts of his lawsuit against the Norwegian state, in which he listed being fed the same food two days in a row, and being kept in isolation, as proof of 'inhuman treatment'.
The 37-year-old's conditions at Skien prison, 87 miles south of Oslo, breached an article in the European Convention on Human Rights prohibiting inhuman and degrading treatment, Oslo district court said'

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
'Mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik's human rights have been violated during his imprisonment, a Norwegian court has ruled.
Breivik won parts of his lawsuit against the Norwegian state, in which he listed being fed the same food two days in a row, and being kept in isolation, as proof of 'inhuman treatment'.
The 37-year-old's conditions at Skien prison, 87 miles south of Oslo, breached an article in the European Convention on Human Rights prohibiting inhuman and degrading treatment, Oslo district court said'

I'm as big an outer as you can find but as has constantly being pointed out the European Court of Human Rights is NOT the EU. To belong to the EU you have to sign up to it but they are not the same organisation.

i.e. - if we vote to leave the EU we are not voting to leave the ECHR.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't for one minute believe all the Brexit supporters are racist.

I agree, there must be a few who aren't.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It is also appears to be the case that we can only really remove ourselves from the jurisdiction of the ECHR if we leave the EU.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Be interested to what happens if Scotland vote to stay in,and we all vote to leave and the vote went against them,would they want to vote to break the union again?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Be interested to what happens if Scotland vote to stay in,and we all vote to leave and the vote went against them,would they want to vote to break the union again?
Look at it another way. Could an England poorer outside the EU afford to keep subsidising Scotland? Maybe we'd want an independent England, and save the money ? ???

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I'm as big an outer as you can find but as has constantly being pointed out the European Court of Human Rights is NOT the EU. To belong to the EU you have to sign up to it but they are not the same organisation.

i.e. - if we vote to leave the EU we are not voting to leave the ECHR.

The point is how absurd all things Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports