Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Look at it another way. Could an England poorer outside the EU afford to keep subsidising Scotland? Maybe we'd want an independent England, and save the money ? ???

Not good for all especially the Scots,still they could then get their wish and join the EU...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I agree, there must be a few who aren't.

Really sad that because people want out of the EU that people like you tar them as racist. Has it not crossed your mind that plenty are sick to death of the EU even without mentioning the immigration issues. The easy way to dismiss those that want out is to shout racist.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Really sad that because people want out of the EU that people like you tar them as racist. Has it not crossed your mind that plenty are sick to death of the EU even without mentioning the immigration issues. The easy way to dismiss those that want out is to shout racist.

Would I be a bit patronizing if I stated that Brexit bods can't recognize a bit a sarcasm?

D

Deleted member 22389

I get this feeling with our biased news reporting in this country, we will Remain in the EU. When all the things the Leavers have pointed out start happening I'm sure there will be many people that will sit back and wish to hell they voted to Leave. It seems the biggest chance to make a real difference to our country, make a new start is being ruined by this ridiculous idea that we are somehow going to surround the UK in barb wire, that we will no longer be able to travel to the EU, that everybody is going to lose their rights, it is utterly utterly pathetic.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I get this feeling with our biased news reporting in this country, we will Remain in the EU. When all the things the Leavers have pointed out start happening I'm sure there will be many people that will sit back and wish to hell they voted to Leave. It seems the biggest chance to make a real difference to our country, make a new start is being ruined by this ridiculous idea that we are somehow going to surround the UK in barb wire, that we will no longer be able to travel to the EU, that everybody is going to lose their rights, it is utterly utterly pathetic.

shame on you for suggesting bias
only yesterday the BBC did an article on detention centres for failed asylum seekers and foreign criminals

the BBC photographer took a photo of a run of the mill detention bedroom

_89313652_2d2a6c6d-41e7-4e57-abdc-e96cfbd0d8ac.jpg

what are the odds both detainees in the first room she came across to photograph had st georges flags draped over their desks.....how could we deport these obvious patriots?

bias my balls :lolol:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I follow Laura Keunsberg on twitter... Bbc chief political correspondent. ...... if you want bias have a read of her ramblings. Anything with a Conservative party slant she simply jumps all over,... Labour party and pro EU topics get the softly softly treatment. ... a sickening example.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Has this debate reached its nadir with money being the only consideration. perhaps if we joined the Russian Federation they would pile loads of money into the UK and membership would only cost us half that of the EU. Do the people of this country only see EU membership in terms of money, has the Working Time Regulation that has so crippled French industry cut your wage bill, are you a British truck driver abused by the police forces of many European countries, do we enjoy strike free living in the UK, do we buy our white goods from the EU or do we purchase Chinese, Taiwanese and Turkish goods.
So by 2030, a date so obscure it has no meaning, we will be over £4k less well off, or did he mean our taxes would be more, or was that our wages, our mortgage and rent payments, the food bill, energy costs, health costs or education costs. What will the average wage be in 2030, how much will the average house be worth?
To bring this arguement to an economic level, debases the whole debate, as Europe becomes more Germancentric other countries will suffer, Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain. Would Germany like to see a weaker or a stronger UK, Merkels interests are German not European.
Clinton may have said 'its about the economy stupid', but the Us and the UK voters are different animals.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I get this feeling with our biased news reporting in this country, we will Remain in the EU.

If people suggest that the press is biased towards the tories, which is true, they get ridiculed by the likes of you, or told it doesn't influence how people will vote!

Now all of a sudden there is 'bias' towards staying in the EU and it's affecting how people will vote?!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I follow Laura Keunsberg on twitter... Bbc chief political correspondent. ...... if you want bias have a read of her ramblings. Anything with a Conservative party slant she simply jumps all over,... Labour party and pro EU topics get the softly softly treatment. ... a sickening example.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Really? She comes across as blatantly pro-Brexit :lolol:

D

Deleted member 22389

shame on you for suggesting bias
only yesterday the BBC did an article on detention centres for failed asylum seekers and foreign criminals

the BBC photographer took a photo of a run of the mill detention bedroom

attachment.php

what are the odds both detainees in the first room she came across to photograph had st georges flags draped over their desks.....how could we deport these obvious patriots?

bias my balls :lolol:

Let us do the news from now on. I find the BBC very irritating.

After seeing this photo, I'm going to change my vote from Leave to Remain now. Those nasty nasty tories for putting these people in this position, and that evil nasty Farage man wanting to ban breast feeding, Refugees welcome here.

It looks like some posters have been taken down before the picture was taken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
The British people are being fed nonsense from anyone with a voice on this issue.That being the Remain camp,to a much lesser extent the Leave Camp,the news channels,the newspapers.They are all slanting what they say towards what they believe and what they want.The camp that will win is the one who has enough clever people on their side who can twist others around to believe what they want them to believe.

This is a democracy.Great innit.

D

Deleted member 22389

The British people are being fed nonsense from anyone with a voice on this issue.That being the Remain camp,to a much lesser extent the Leave Camp,the news channels,the newspapers.They are all slanting what they say towards what they believe and what they want.The camp that will win is the one who has enough clever people on their side who can twist others around to believe what they want them to believe.

This is a democracy.Great innit.

It will be only little thing that will sway voters, the next person up is Obama, going to tell us why we need to Remain, I'm sick of it.
You don't need any of these people, you can see the faults of the EU from miles away.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Time to batten down the hatches....Lets see how much tv coverage Obama gets tomorrow for poking his nose into something that has nothing to do with him.

Cameron the public school boy must have begged him to come here otherwise why would he?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

It's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it? I think that the BBC is reasonably neutral but my anti-EU friends think it's pro-EU and some of my pro-EU friends think the opposite. The printed media is surely anti-EU on balance - the Times tries hard to be neutral but its background is sceptic, the Mail, Express, Sun and Telegraph are all rabidly anti-Brussels. I'm not arguing with your view that the press is biased against Remain because that's how you see it but that isn't how it comes across to me at all. Those four newspapers alone suggest the opposite surely?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Time to batten down the hatches....Lets see how much tv coverage Obama gets tomorrow for poking his nose into something that has nothing to do with him.

Cameron the public school boy must have begged him to come here otherwise why would he?

For right or wrong the US has poured billions into European defence over the past 70+ years so I suppose they feel they have a right to offer an opinion, just as the Australians and others have done. But the views of foreign leaders aren't all in the same direction. Putin is said to be very anxious for the UK to leave the EU.

Jan 30, 2008

the good old USA policing the world for it's best interest's:whistle:, do people in this country care about what he's got to say???
regards
DR

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the good old USA policing the world for it's best interest's:whistle:, do people in this country care about what he's got to say???
regards
DR

quite like the bloke but ..............................................................NO
NO,NO,NO

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
For right or wrong the US has poured billions into European defence over the past 70+ years so I suppose they feel they have a right to offer an opinion, just as the Australians and others have done. But the views of foreign leaders aren't all in the same direction. Putin is said to be very anxious for the UK to leave the EU.
Lol...you serious?
He has no right what's so ever and wether they've pumped billions in or not it's not about money it's about our country and our independence and finally it's about British people and what they want for their country.

Its been mentioned many a time that the yanks would never except what we have with the EU....clearly Obama has no interest in our country or what we want....He only has eyes for the momentary side and nothing else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here