Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
If we Brexit, will that mean all the pensioners will be thrown out of Spain. I hope not. We don't need these people filling up all the NHS beds. There are not enough to go round already...

They won't be thrown out of Spain as much as foreign nationals here won't be thrown out and you know it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They won't be thrown out of Spain as much as foreign nationals here won't be thrown out and you know it.

It will be very difficult for the pensioners to live there once their free health care is taken away though. So, in theory probably not, in reality they will be slung out.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If we Brexit, will that mean all the pensioners will be thrown out of Spain. I hope not. We don't need these people filling up all the NHS beds. There are not enough to go round already...

didnt realise they were all so ill.

so much for the healthy Mediterranean diet.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
do you see? the cost analysis utterly fails to account for the reduction in regulation and bureaucracy and the future increase in bureaucracy. we already take the hit, we impose costly regulations (some estimate 30bn a year, though probably over egged) most of which is on businesses that have no direct economic activity with the EU. we cede powers, self determination and authority of our courts for the sake of 12% of the economy.

We will continue to have regulation and bureaucracy whether we are inside or outside the EU. Being inside could be the less costly route. What powers do you want exactly?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As much as we criticise countries with dictators such as North Korea I ask myself are we any different.Our goverment is churning out project fear and telling us all kinds of nonsense to get us to believe what they want us to believe. Isn't that what dictatorships do. Osborne now plucking the figure of £4300 out of thin air.

Can the goverment really not just give us facts instead of theories. Can they not produce technical data, figures,graphs,or any other kind of factual proof whether it's in their favour or not.Should they even be taking sides.Shouldn't they just tell us the good and the bad.

What this has shown me very clearly is that you cannot trust anyone.Not even your own goverment. This is democracy. Sad.

What factual evidence can either side produce about a future event?

The treasury produced a forecast and to be fair, the results have been somewhat twisted when presented by Osborne. They based the figures on three different comparisons, Canada, Norway and WTO. I believe the 6% figure came from the Norway scenario. If we vote out we may pursue similar to Norway, Canada, a combination or totally different. We don't know and Brexit aren't really giving an indication as to what they think would be happen. There seems to be this assumption that we will negotiate great deals with other countries.

As for your comments regarding dictators, ludicrous. You don't have to believe what you are told in this country, you can form your own opinion. It's not propaganda, it's their side of the argument.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

It will be very difficult for the pensioners to live there once their free health care is taken away though. So, in theory probably not, in reality they will be slung out.

What a load of utter rubbish. Care to show me where Australians here in the UK have been refused health care ? Or indeed Brits going to Australia being refused health care ? Nope - you can't because it doesn't happen - we have a two way agreement that means Australians can access the NHS and Brits can access the Australian health care system via medicare.

I'm sure the Spanish government won't want Spaniards not getting access to the NHS any more than the British government not wanting Brits in Spain to get healthcare.

As for being thrown out - talk about lying - really - and I thought better of you HT.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

:lolol:

I think you're whooooshing everyone

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a load of utter rubbish. Care to show me where Australians here in the UK have been refused health care ? Or indeed Brits going to Australia being refused health care ? Nope - you can't because it doesn't happen - we have a two way agreement that means Australians can access the NHS and Brits can access the Australian health care system via medicare.

I'm sure the Spanish government won't want Spaniards not getting access to the NHS any more than the British government not wanting Brits in Spain to get healthcare.

As for being thrown out - talk about lying - really - and I thought better of you HT.

Lying? It's my view, nothing more and I'm sure any sane person will understand this whether they agree with it or not. You're sounding very desperate using such language.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Lying? It's my view, nothing more and I'm sure any sane person will understand this whether they agree with it or not. You're sounding very desperate using such language.

"in reality they will be slung out." - your words. If that isn't desperate language then I don't know what is. Care to provide the evidence for this statement ?

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
What factual evidence can either side produce about a future event?

The treasury produced a forecast and to be fair, the results have been somewhat twisted when presented by Osborne. They based the figures on three different comparisons, Canada, Norway and WTO. I believe the 6% figure came from the Norway scenario. If we vote out we may pursue similar to Norway, Canada, a combination or totally different. We don't know and Brexit aren't really giving an indication as to what they think would be happen. There seems to be this assumption that we will negotiate great deals with other countries.

As for your comments regarding dictators, ludicrous. You don't have to believe what you are told in this country, you can form your own opinion. It's not propaganda, it's their side of the argument.

Future event?I'm talking about our current trading relationship with the EU.How are we benefiting.

Regards dictators,they lie to their people because it serves a purpose and is a form of control. Hope that's clear to you now.

D

Deleted member 22389

Future event?I'm talking about our current trading relationship with the EU.How are we benefiting.

Regards dictators,they lie to their people because it serves a purpose and is a form of control. Hope that's clear to you now.

Mum is italian came to this country in 1964. Dad was British passed away in 2004. Mum only retired 2 years ago at the Age of 79. She supports Brexit, I said to mum what happens if they try deporting you, she said go on then lol.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Certainly a volte face...I wonder if anyone really has changed their view because of NSC!

Unlikely although some of the arguments on these threads seem more informed and convincing than much of the rubbish served up by Vote Remain/Leave .. which is worrying.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Stupid comment (although that goes without saying). They will be living on their British pensions, plus of course their savings (ill-gotten or otherwise). They are contributing a lot to the local Spanish economy - Spain won't throw them out.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Statistics are there if you look for them

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/trading-in-the-eu

https://www.uktradeinfo.com/Statistics/Pages/Annual-Tables.aspx
(Click on the Annual Tables tab and open the spreadsheet).

As regards your references to dictators, yes they lie to their people and get away with it because of their system. In this country we have a press that can chose to challenge whatever the government say and an opposition that can do likewise. Your problem is that you don't like what you hear.

D

Deleted member 22389

Stupid comment (although that goes without saying). They will be living on their British pensions, plus of course their savings (ill-gotten or otherwise). They are contributing a lot to the local Spanish economy - Spain won't throw them out.

The reality is, all the Brits that went out to Spain bought new property, it kept thousands of Spanish builders in work, not to mention estate agents, solicitors and the like, and when the Euro screwed up, that seriously damaged the Spanish economy.

In this country our own people can't even afford to get on the housing ladder, let alone people coming from the EU, it's why in some areas of this country we 6,7,8 people living in a house designed for 4 people. I had Eastern Europeans living opposite me in Luton in exactly the same situation I spoke about, which annoyed the British couple living next door to them.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ these countries need our holiday makers and exiles as it contributes to their society.
We can go to Spain or Greece etc and negotiate what's needed vice versa etc...just like before the EU started.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
do you see? the cost analysis utterly fails to account for the reduction in regulation and bureaucracy and the future increase in bureaucracy. we already take the hit, we impose costly regulations (some estimate 30bn a year, though probably over egged) most of which is on businesses that have no direct economic activity with the EU. we cede powers, self determination and authority of our courts for the sake of 12% of the economy.

When people start using the bureaucracy argument it's generally because their numbers don't stack up. Care to prove me wrong?

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Statistics are there if you look for them

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/trading-in-the-eu

https://www.uktradeinfo.com/Statistics/Pages/Annual-Tables.aspx
(Click on the Annual Tables tab and open the spreadsheet).

As regards your references to dictators, yes they lie to their people and get away with it because of their system. In this country we have a press that can chose to challenge whatever the government say and an opposition that can do likewise. Your problem is that you don't like what you hear.

There's nothing in your links that indicates the figures are as a result of the UK being in the EU.
There's no real way of knowing the economic situation if we left the EU either.
So called experts are caught out all the time and as with 2008 usually don't see the big ones coming.

As for dictators,it's not that I don't like what I hear it's that I don't like the idea we have a goverment who are bullying and
controlling people with nonsense.People like you are seemingly falling for it.

Even if it could be proved we would be worse off financially I really don't care.At all.

Remember those who panicked when we said we would not join the Euro?Look what happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here