Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Truth

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
People listen to her podcasts and she loves to talk about herself all the time.

That's enough of an insight into someone who drinks their own bathwater.

She's a gold digger.
Most people who have podcasts do. I was listening to one just yesterday.

I think the answer you were looking for was 'No.'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People listen to her podcasts and she loves to talk about herself all the time.

That's enough of an insight into someone who drinks their own bathwater.

She's a gold digger.
She was a well known actress and as rich, if not richer than him.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
She was a well known actress and as rich, if not richer than him.

You don't understand gold diggers if you think that's all it takes to be one.

C-grade actress that the vast majority of people had never heard of prior to her getting her talons into a royal.

She's a narcissist. She wants the worlds eyes on her.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Most people who have podcasts do. I was listening to one just yesterday.

I think the answer you were looking for was 'No.'

Most podcasts are interested in the people they are interviewing.

In her One Young World speech she mentioned herself 54 times.

Only a narcissist has that high of an opinion of themselves.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can’t recall posting about Megan & Harry before, I let others get on with it. I haven’t got strong views either way. Do you know what, you can actually be a monarchist and quite like Harry/Megan!!

For my sins, due to Mrs.W, I watched the first three episodes of the Netflix series tonight.

It’s surprisingly really good.

So far, it isn’t a wrecking ball on the royal family whatsoever.

It’s really about racism, through social media, the far right in the culture wars and the gutter elements of the UK press.

I’d recommend watching it for that alone.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I can’t recall posting about Megan & Harry before, I let others get on with it. I haven’t got strong views either way. Do you know what, you can actually be a monarchist and quite like Harry/Megan!!

For my sins, due to Mrs.W, I watched the first three episodes of the Netflix series tonight.

It’s really about racism, through social media, the far right in the culture wars and the gutter elements of the UK press.

That actually sounds quite interesting. I might give it a go.

I find it fascinating that so many people form such strong opinions based on what they are told by the press. I.e someone else.

You would think we were wise to the press by now.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
So for the sake of those not subscribed to Netflix, having (ducks for cover) watched 3 episodes so far, there are no bombshells, ’cat-out-of-the-bag’ dirt on the Royals or absolutely anything of the remotest interest whatsoever - Not only am I still of the opinion that ‘H‘ and ‘M’ are entitled brats, albeit treated badly by the press, but they have successfully managed to screw Netflix out of a $100m because they are actually very boring entitled brats!

(I do find it slightly weird though that a lot of commentators and black activists who have appropriated her as the ’first black princess’ in the English Royal Family, seem to forget that Megan has a white father and is actually mixed race!)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

C-grade actress that the vast majority of people had never heard of prior to her getting her talons into a royal.

So, the answer's still no, then?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

A big part of it on the gutter press. I’d guess the majority of royal tabloid columnists just watched the trailer

In the 25 years on from Diana they’ve demonstrated, they learned absolutely nothing. And sections of the public still buy this crap, they haven’t learned either

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You have a very low opinion of women.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why does anyone want to take sides? As in any family problem, there are faults on both sides.
Why does anyone want to take sides? As in any family problem, there are faults on both sides.
A big part of it on the gutter press. I’d guess the majority of royal tabloid columnists just watched the trailer
In the 25 years on from Diana they’ve demonstrated, they learned absolutely nothing. And sections of the public still buy this crap, they haven’t learned either
Exactly.

Piers Morgan et al, also did a “I’m not watching”. Then went into overdrive about Megan’s sustained attack on the ‘racist’ royal family.

Which was not the composition of the first three episodes, whatsoever.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Exactly.

Piers Morgan et al, also did a “I’m not watching”. Then went into overdrive about Megan’s sustained attack on the ‘racist’ royal family.

Which was not the composition of the first three episodes, whatsoever.
I'm not sure if she's watched it, but I saw Nadine Dorries waded in about how 'ashamed' she felt about a clip of Meghan describing and acting out the first time she met the Queen. I haven't seen it either, but apparently people are deliberately taking it out of context. What a surprise!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not sure if she's watched it, but I saw Nadine Dorries waded in about how 'ashamed' she felt about a clip of Meghan describing and acting out the first time she met the Queen. I haven't seen it either, but apparently people are deliberately taking it out of context. What a surprise!
Stirring by much of the UK media.

Watching the progs, it’s abundantly clear why they left the UK …. racism, a stifling gilded cage existence and Harry is incredibly protective of his wife.

They’ve moved on now to tackle racism for good across societies. That’s it. It is not a campaign to ruin the UK or our institutions.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
one of the reasons for missing context is trailers, teasers and pre-release press snippets have led that line. people and press haven't seen full epsiodes but have seen those peices over the previous week. that all cames from Netflix/Archewell to ramp up controversy, because without that the series would be a lot less lucrative.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
one of the reasons for missing context is trailers, teasers and pre-release press snippets have led that line. people and press haven't seen full epsiodes but have seen those peices over the previous week. that all cames from Netflix/Archewell to ramp up controversy, because without that the series would be a lot less lucrative.
Sorry, but that is NO excuse for people chuntering out opinions merely to suit their agenda.

If they are going to comment on it, at least watch the cocking thing! It's like writing a match report based on listening to the highlights on the radio.

The usual suspects know EXACTLY what they're doing. The twats.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sorry, but that is NO excuse for people chuntering out opinions merely to suit their agenda.
Isn’t that what Harry & Megan are doing?

Btw - I have watched all of it - it hasn’t changed my mind about them

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Her surname isn't Markle.
Netflix has the cast of the documentary as Prince Harry Windsor and Meghan Markle
mm.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Netflix has the cast of the documentary as Prince Harry Windsor and Meghan Markle
probably professional name.

turns out this surname thing isnt so formal for royals. example, Kate hasnt adopted one, just dropped Middleton, in 5 min searching found many publications refering to her by maiden name. both Princes adopted Wales as their name when in the forces, though Mountbatten-Windsor is supposed to be name followed by descendants of Queen Elizabeth.

according to Britannica formal name is Meghan, duchess of Sussex. no surname.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here