Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Truth

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Who to believe... 🤔

I find it highly unlikely that they wouldn't have given her any instruction on how to conduct oneself.

Highly!

Very highly.....she has chosen to do things differently. She knew she had to divide the two brothers. She knew she had to find an opportunity to play the race card. She knew she had to garner sympathy on the other side of the pond. It is all to create a persona and complete financial independence, to ensure that when the time comes for her and Harry to go their separate ways, she will end up extremely comfortable.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just caught the trailer for volume 2 of the truth and I think it's about to get very spicy.

Harry said they lied to protect his brother.

:nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:ohmy:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can see Netflix are going to get a good return on their investment...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Watching the second episode.

They both seem like decent people. Obviously this has been PRed to the nth degree,

ON the other hand the press are scum.

What a f***ing load of shit they have had to put up with. Shame on the gutter press and all those that encourage them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Watching the second episode.

They both seem like decent people. Obviously this has been PRed to the nth degree,

ON the other hand the press are scum.

What a f***ing load of shit they have had to put up with. Shame on the gutter press and all those that encourage them.
Perfect examples this morning. Perfect is the wrong word but used metaphorically.

Jeremy Clarkson

Just to add that the Queen Consort invited several people to a private lunch with her including Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson. Make of that, what you will.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Perfect examples this morning. Perfect is the wrong word but used metaphorically.

Jeremy Clarkson

Just to add that the Queen Consort invited several people to a private lunch with her including Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson. Make of that, what you will.

I saw that Clarkson tweet earlier. I can't help but wonder if there is more context to it. If not it is outrageous. Pathetic snowflakery to have such strong hatred about someone he doesn't know. As I said earlier on on this thread people who hold such strong opinions based on so much second-hand information need to give their heads a wobble.

Gossip and tittle tattle.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because hanging on to their Royal titles and being controversial is one thing that can make them money, possibly.
Are they short of money then? Should we do a whip-round?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw that Clarkson tweet earlier. I can't help but wonder if there is more context to it. If not it is outrageous. Pathetic snowflakery to have such strong hatred about someone he doesn't know. As I said earlier on on this thread people who hold such strong opinions based on so much second-hand information need to give their heads a wobble.

Gossip and tittle tattle.
Emily Clarkson, has posted on Instagram, denouncing her father’s article.

078D4866-04B9-4901-9B16-C86C6477D4C6.jpeg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Emily Clarkson, has posted on Instagram, denouncing her father’s article.

View attachment 154819
Good for her. It must be hard to be a decent human being with such an oaf as a father. Although he isn't subtle so they probably realised from a young age.

I also have the sneaking suspicion that his oafishness is a carefully curated public persona. One that has served him well of course but perhaps the family are spared it at home.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
There's good reason to comp[alin about Clarkson's comments, but the three I have seen all base their complaint around the fact that Meghan is a woman. Why? Why, in today's society, shouldn't Meghan be treated as a person in her own right, and Emily Clarkson and others should call out vile criticism against people in general -not just against women?

For the record, I agree it's a very unpleasant tweet. It's as vile as many of those against Margaret Thatcher, who also was thoroughly abused (even when suffering from dementia), although I don't recall her getting quite as much support from the feminists lobby!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's good reason to comp[alin about Clarkson's comments, but the three I have seen all base their complaint around the fact that Meghan is a woman. Why? Why, in today's society, shouldn't Meghan be treated as a person in her own right, and Emily Clarkson and others should call out vile criticism against people in general -not just against women?

For the record, I agree it's a very unpleasant tweet. It's as vile as many of those against Margaret Thatcher, who also was thoroughly abused (even when suffering from dementia), although I don't recall her getting quite as much support from the feminists lobby!
I agree Margaret Thatcher got abuse, which was wrong, but it was for her actions rather than because she was a woman. There is a difference.
I don't recall anyone wanting to humiliate her by wishing her to be paraded naked through the streets, with excrement being thrown at her.

That isn't just misogyny but also a twisted violent sexual fantasy. As a woman, it makes me feel very uncomfortable, and I am no feminist.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

If it makes you feel better, I'd think he was JUST as much of a bellend if he'd said it about Harry :shrug:

But he wouldn't would he? Clarkson specifically picked on three females for a reason. And that's the point – in 'today's society', women AREN'T treated the same as men. Still. Look at the difference in wages, the misogynistic memes that go around, or even the views around women's football. That's not equality or being treated in their own right.

Clarkson knew EXACTLY what he was doing – does he have a DVD or Grand Tour special coming out soon? – and he won't ever change. Ironically, he and his enemy Piers Moron are two of a kind in that respect. Making something that is nothing to do with them all about them!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If it makes you feel better, I'd think he was JUST as much of a bellend if he'd said it about Harry :shrug:

But he wouldn't would he? Clarkson specifically picked on three females for a reason. And that's the point – in 'today's society', women AREN'T treated the same as men. Still. Look at the difference in wages, the misogynistic memes that go around, or even the views around women's football. That's not equality or being treated in their own right.

Clarkson knew EXACTLY what he was doing – does he have a DVD or Grand Tour special coming out soon? – and he won't ever change. Ironically, he and his enemy Piers Moron are two of a kind in that respect. Making something that is nothing to do with them all about them!
This is right Clarkson made it specifically about women so that is how it is received. Let's not pretend for a second that the fact that he used a famous game of thrones scene which featured a woman for his weird little titillating fantasy isn't important. As he name checked two other women in his rant against a woman.

If he wanted to direct his anger and hatred at 'people' he would have done. The fact he didn't speaks volumes.

The bloke is a monumental bellend. Quite an entertaining one but a bellend none the less.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If it makes you feel better, I'd think he was JUST as much of a bellend if he'd said it
Talking of those two, both were at a Christmas lunch hosted by the Queen Consort last week.
Clarkson has been criticised widely, but not a word of support for the Duchess from the palace.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That isn't just misogyny but also a twisted violent sexual fantasy. As a woman, it makes me feel very uncomfortable, and I am no feminist.
It’s violent misogyny certainly - but no more about sex than rape is about sex imo - the man is a sick creep who has violent tendencies to women and men and a history of physical and verbal abuse - which is why he was dropped by the BBC
Piers Moron are two of a kind in that respect. Making something that is nothing to do with them all about them!
Another completely, egocentric, sexist tool who can’t cope with attractive, clever women, especially when they ghost him

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Another completely, egocentric, sexist tool who can’t cope with attractive, clever women, especially when they ghost him

But that's what she is.

Everything about this relationship has been to promote her in the public eye for maximum exposure.

Everything done to paint her as the victim and promote her manufactured brand.

Why wouldn't people be cynical of her?

Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here