Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Truth

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He isn't getting any money from the Royal Family, so he is entitled to earn money.

If people ignored them, there wouldn't be half the publicity. The newspapers stir up most of the rubbish because it sells papers. They treat them like soap operas.
to be fair, if they did less publicity, it would be far easier to ignore them. with this series they'll feed the newspaper and internet gossip columns for months. probably just in time for the book, then series two late next year.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Its almost like Markle has acted like some Trojan Horse, infiltrating the Royal Family in an attempt to destroy it from within?
With an imagination like that Lenny, have you thought that you could be the next JK Rowling, now you have more time on your hands :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
to be fair, if they did less publicity, it would be far easier to ignore them. with this series they'll feed the newspaper and internet gossip columns for months. probably just in time for the book, then series two late next year.
Nobody makes you post about them regardless of what they do. If you want to ignore them, then do it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its almost like Markle has acted like some Trojan Horse, infiltrating the Royal Family in an attempt to destroy it from within?
Have you ever referred to the Princess of Wales as plain Middleton? Middleton opened the new hospital wing?

The Duchess of Sussex is a married woman so if you want to be so rude as to talk about her by her surname then call her Windsor.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Have you ever referred to the Princess of Wales as plain Middleton? Middleton opened the new hospital wing?

The Duchess of Sussex is a married woman so if you want to be so rude as to talk about her by her surname then call her Windsor.
Don't you think you're being a bit old fashioned there? For one thing, it's not all that unusual nowadays for a woman (especially in a public profession such as acting) to retain her single name; for another, the modern way is not to differentiate between men and women in matters of etiquette.

Besides, her married name would be Sussex, wouldn't it? The Prince of Wales' children used to be called Cambridge at school.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Credit to the Duke and Duchess from what I've heard they come out of it very well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

now you mention it, yes always. hasn't really registered she is Princess of Wales, that's still Diana. you're right though it is bad form to miss this on both Kate and Meghan. and there i done it again, reverence of Royals is diminishing,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
now you mention it, yes always. hasn't really registered she is Princess of Wales, that's still Diana. you're right though it is bad form to miss this on both Kate and Meghan. and there i done it again, reverence of Royals is diminishing,
There is a huge difference between reverence and politeness. I would take great exception to being just (my maiden name) rather than my first name and married name. It is plain rude.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I stand corrected ;)

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL!
'The Sussexes' are East and West Sussex. We start at Robertsbridge and end at South Harting. We are a county of good ale and beerily confrontational satirical poetry. We are not used to being in the news that much and are happy to remain that way.

ESPECIALLY now that our name is being taken in vain as shorthand by lazy journalists concocting an endless festering orgy of vapid, brain-rotting, pointless, abject cultural smegma connected to the dull machinations of various representatives of a pointless and elitist institution which should have come to an abrupt end forever on January 30th 1649.

Yours
Attila the Stockbroker
Hilaire Belloc
(co-opted)

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Top marks to the Netflix PR team, can’t go anywhere without seeing this documentary being discussed, straight from the Oscar Wilde quote, they’ve certainly earnt their Xmas bonus this year 👍

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There is a huge difference between reverence and politeness. I would take great exception to being just (my maiden name) rather than my first name and married name. It is plain rude.
And yet.....we refer to our players by their surnames all the time (perhaps with the addition of a "y" eg Wardy). All sports commentators use surnames.

I'm not fussed if I'm addressed by my full first name, my abbreviated first name, a nickname or my surname. The world has bigger problems.

It's possible, of course, that people refer to her by her surname because they have a total lack of respect for the greedy attention-seeker. And I can understand that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And yet.....we refer to our players by their surnames all the time (perhaps with the addition of a "y" eg Wardy). All sports commentators use surnames.

I'm not fussed if I'm addressed by my full first name, my abbreviated first name, a nickname or my surname. The world has bigger problems.

It's possible, of course, that people refer to her by her surname because they have a total lack of respect for the greedy attention-seeker. And I can understand that.
Her surname isn't Markle.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've pondered some more and it feels to me they're acting like people who have recently gotten out of a cult.

Harry, having spent his entire life within the Monarchy (which is a bit of a cult, if you ask me) is now free and doing whatever he wants. Which apparently pisses people off. Which I find funny.

I do hope they continue.

EDIT: And as for Mrs. Sussex, her only crime as far as I can tell is that she has had the temerity to not be Kate Middleton.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
9 pages in the Daily Mail, I don’t think it’s quite sunk in this they are a big part of the problem.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The UK press have done – and continue to do – a fantastic job at creating a divisive narrative (largely courtesy of people who are paid (or would be advised) to be be overly positive about the Royal Family) when it comes to Harry and Meghan.

Whether what either side says is true or not remains to be seen, but I find it hilarious the amount of people who have nailed their colours to the mast, based on a formula that is designed to make money from more newspaper sales, online clicks and comments and video views.

'READ HOW MUCH WE HATE HARRY AND MEGHAN ON PAGES 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 15-26'

Personally, I couldn't contain my indifference so just ignore it accordingly. Seemingly most people can't do the same :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here