Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The trains!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Stood on the bridge for a while, then decided to try and get a 29 to Lewes and walked toward the Uni. Full buses passed us but eventually got on one to Lewes, walked to the station and retrieved our car. Finally home around 20:15.
I hung around for an hour chatting after the game and was back home in S.Bucks before you! Jeez, sounds horrendous on trains today. But sadly not unusual.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Shambles but not sure anyone is to blame. Worst I’ve seen at the Amex. Luckily it was a Saturday after a 4-1 win and everyone was pretty chill.

Did make me wonder how it would be dealt with midweek.

Hope everyone has finally got back ok.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Was it just me or are the trains getting worse? Seriously when is someone going to drop an investment and give us some transport options befitting of the popularity of match day!
They need to give us a discount and let us choose how we want to get to a game. A lot of us pay for trains we don't use or are unavailable / unreliable.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Feel desperately sorry for anybody stuck on one of those jam-packed post-match trains with a full bladder. Doesn't bear thinking about ☹️
There was a hen night bride to be on ours, managed to squeeze to the toilets 😂

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I've just got to say that unless you've witnessed someone falling from a platform & being hit by a train & seen & smelt the aftermath then stop moaning about the train being delayed. I have no idea what this incident was about but delayed trains are better than seeing someone fried (for want of a better word). Trespassers are not usually intelligent enough to know where the live rail is, so they have to cut the power.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
They need to give us a discount and let us choose how we want to get to a game. A lot of us pay for trains we don't use or are unavailable / unreliable.
Believe me whilst you might feel you are unfairly paying for trains you don't use, you really are one of the lucky ones. You really are!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've just got to say that unless you've witnessed someone falling from a platform & being hit by a train & seen & smelt the aftermath then stop moaning about the train being delayed. I have no idea what this incident was about but delayed trains are better than seeing someone fried (for want of a better word). Trespassers are not usually intelligent enough to know where the live rail is, so they have to cut the power.
It doesn’t sound like a suicide. It does sound like reckless stupidity. If stupid people are fried, then so be it surely? Isn’t that why the Darwin Awards were created?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It doesn’t sound like a suicide. It does sound like reckless stupidity. If stupid people are fried, then so be it surely? Isn’t that why the Darwin Awards were created?
Don't be a tw@t. It doesn't matter what it sounds like or what the reason is, witnessing it isn't nice. Simpler to cut the power & delay trains rather than people being left with images they can't forget.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't be a tw@t. It doesn't matter what it sounds like or what the reason is, witnessing it isn't nice. Simpler to cut the power & delay trains rather than people being left with images they can't forget.
My neighbour deals with this sort of thing daily. Takes a special kind of person. He’s able to compartmentalise. I wouldn’t project your reaction to everyone else’s, and yes, he leads a normal life otherwise.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hopeless at Brighton Station. Went for a few beers. Still nowt happening. Had to get Mrs SS to drive down to Brighton to bring us home. Suspect I was one of the lucky ones.
Max Moseley used to use her services as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Meanwhile in Finland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here