Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The trains!

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Did they they cut them off ???
Sliced through, so I heard.

i saw two police near the A27/A23 interchange looking down at the railway tracks below just over an hour ago.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Ah sorry - didn’t realise. I stand corrected 👍
I was on an Eastbourne to Brighton train pre-match that got to Lewes at 1322 and anyone on the platform at Lewes got on. All went belly up at about 1715 post match.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stood in the train queue at Falmer for around 25 minutes before the joyful announcement was made. So then I walked to the top of Lewes Road to get a bus - in hindsight a bad idea. The bus stops were rammed, as was every bus, each one sailed past totally full. So started walking down Lewes Road towards town along with hundreds of other Amex refugees, with loads of full buses going past. Eventually decided to just crack on, and got to the Steine about an hour later, in time to catch the 2nd half in the Fitz Regent with a couple of welcome beers.

Luckily I'm [relatively] fit, but christ knows what the crusties had to do. Just hang around endlessly for a bus with some room on I guess, however long that must've took. I just got sick of standing around all f*cking afternoon.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well that was fun, eventually got a lift home from a neighbour who drove from Bexhill to Falmer Station and got home at 8 in the end. We got on the platform just after the last Eastbourne train left.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Shambles atbfakmer so took the long walk to Brighton . Further than imagined but about hour ish .

Absolute shambles and 2 strikes the next 2 . Trains are not going to be fit for purpose this season

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Was stood on the train aforementioned to Brighton which sat for an hour in Falmer station, then it sat on the viaduct for another half hour waiting for a platform (being stood with a load of whinging Luton fans really helped my mood), then was able to cross from 5 to 6 to then wait another hour on the London train, which dawdled it’s way back to Haywards Heath where I had parked.

Four hours it took. Sake.

Are we entirely sure these trespassers actually existed?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Went to the hikers in coldean what a dive. Met a Luton fan that told me it's full of Muslims and he's a friend of Tommy Robinson .. ffs

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Went to the hikers in coldean what a dive. Met a Luton fan that told me it's full of Muslims and he's a friend of Tommy Robinson .. ffs
Maybe he’d met some people earlier in the day who’d decided a walk home up the main line was preferable to being in his company?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Was stood on the train aforementioned to Brighton which sat for an hour in Falmer station, then it sat on the viaduct for another half hour waiting for a platform (being stood with a load of whinging Luton fans really helped my mood), then was able to cross from 5 to 6 to then wait another hour on the London train, which dawdled it’s way back to Haywards Heath where I had parked.

Four hours it took. Sake.

Are we entirely sure these trespassers actually existed?
We got chatting to some Luton fans on the platform at Falmer who were brilliant. We were all looking at your train counting our blessings. Christ.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We got chatting to some Luton fans on the platform at Falmer who were brilliant. We were all looking at your train counting our blessings. Christ.
The 20 minutes where the air on went off was fun

Stood on the bridge for a while, then decided to try and get a 29 to Lewes and walked toward the Uni. Full buses passed us but eventually got on one to Lewes, walked to the station and retrieved our car. Finally home around 20:15.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The only silver lining is that we already know there are no trains at all for the next two home games. Actually that will be easier than when there are no trains but you’re either expecting one or stuck on one with no AC. I’ve got my plans laid for those games now thanks to today.

If any physical harm came to anyone on the trapped trains the trespassers should be sought out and prosecuted for the most serious “harm to others” charge that can stick.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I feel for everyone that had the nightmare journey home.

The only good thing , is that the idiots on the line didn't do this before the game, otherwise the kick off may have been delayed until about 7.45, or thousands would have missed the entire game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Did you not read the cause after game before your unnecessary smug post? Normally like your musings but not this time!!
I did apologise above as didn’t realise - sorry bro ☹️

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Anticipating a train related shitshow due to the overtime ban, legged it sharp and got the 16:59 from Falmer. Stopped at Moulscoomb. My pal and I managed to share a taxi back into Brighton. Forty feckin quid.

God knows how long that train was stuck there for.

Hopeless at Brighton Station. Went for a few beers. Still nowt happening. Had to get Mrs SS to drive down to Brighton to bring us home. Suspect I was one of the lucky ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here