Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Red Ball Reset: Eng v NZ 2nd Test

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Well that's a mice surprise. Been busy this morning and not been keeping up with it. Just switched on fully expecting to see us still batting, but following-on :lolol:

surprised-mouse.gif

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Has done them both First Dig. Steve Waugh next up, although probably not this summer...

Average back over 50. Probably back to #1 in the world rankings.

The ranking graph for his career is jaw dropping.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Average back over 50. Probably back to #1 in the world rankings.

The ranking graph for his career is jaw dropping.

He’s just amazing to watch….in total control. Absolute nightmare for an opposing skipper because you simply can’t stop him scoring - he’s looking for runs every ball with slight angles of the bat, complete awareness of where the fielders are etc. Not sure I’ve seen a more complete batsman in my 50 or so years of watching.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rudiculous from Stokes. This could cost the match, no need for the huge slogs, we were reeling them in nicely....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mark Butcher called that dismissal just before it happened. The best and worst of Stokes today. The ball still too new and the lead still too big to be trying to smash every ball.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Rudiculous from Stokes. This could cost the match, no need for the huge slogs, we were reeling them in nicely....

I really wonder if the lad is smart enough to be a captain.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

Agree. But that is the way Stokes plays , and when it works it is amazing. If everyone in the top eight could chip in with a quick 40+ then things would be ok but he needs to read the game situation better . Don't think he will change

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, Joe Root seems to enjoy being unburdened from the captaincy, so that he can concentrate on what he does best.
Quite clearly the best England batsman since I've been watching, since the late 70s.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Shoes off if you love Joe Root!"

Love that. An absolute masterclass from the Yorkshireman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here