Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Red Ball Reset: Eng v NZ 2nd Test

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Huge news breaking overnight sending shockwaves through this three match series with Kane Williamson being ruled out of the game with covid, but that is the price you pay for not ensuring covid secure bubbles and a sterile environment for the players. Hopefully he can come back for the third test and recovers quickly but it is a great boost for ENgland in their brave new red ball reset. England, buoyant after a fine opening victory, look set to be unchanged with Jack Leach recovering well from his bout of concussion.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A fine player, but he's not been in the best of nick, so maybe not such a huge blow for them, his last 8 innings: 15, 2, 24, 18, 52*, 49, 1, 13.

Contrast that with his winter of 20/21: 238, 21, 129, 251.

Such is the life of a batsmen.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
e1.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Huge news breaking overnight sending shockwaves through this three match series with Kane Williamson being ruled out of the game with covid, but that is the price you pay for not ensuring covid secure bubbles and a sterile environment for the players. Hopefully he can come back for the third test and recovers quickly but it is a great boost for ENgland in their brave new red ball reset. England, buoyant after a fine opening victory, look set to be unchanged with Jack Leach recovering well from his bout of concussion.

If only he had stayed with you in your stately home in Lyme Regis :facepalm:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Good toss to lose apparently.

Tricky early doors then a nice surface.

Weather looks splendid.

Eng win toss and bowl.

With fair weather forecast I've gone large on laying the draw at a shade under 5/1, the way both these sides batted in the first test I can't see there not being a result.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Always strikes me as a sign on the first morning of a home test you don't trust your batting if you choose to bowl. Time will tell, and perhaps with Williamson out, they feel with conditions it's the positive choice to take on their top order.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
First one down

Young c Crawley b Stokes 47

Decent start by NZ 84/1

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
An even morning, those two wickets give us the momentum and feel good factor around the lunch table.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Always strikes me as a sign on the first morning of a home test you don't trust your batting if you choose to bowl. Time will tell, and perhaps with Williamson out, they feel with conditions it's the positive choice to take on their top order.

Not trusting your batting it is then...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
An even morning, those two wickets give us the momentum and feel good factor around the lunch table.

Not sure what they had for lunch but it's not going down very well.
This is looking like a poor decision to field first.

“When you win the toss – bat. If you are in doubt, think about it, then bat. If you have very big doubts, consult a colleague – then bat.”.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
NZ will be fuming, 4 batsmen all got in, all looked comfortable and none of them have gone on to make a telling contribution.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That was funny, Mitchell just hit a six that went straight into someone's pint. Beer everywhere. Will the ball reverse now!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here