Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The RB from Chelsea

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This. How did our crack forward line of Murray, Solly and Skalak do then ? Must have banged in loads right ? Leave the kid alone FFS, he's had 90 mins in a completely unfamiliar lineup where no-one had really played together before.
Think we know what to expect from skalak to be honest....Rolling around on the grass and huffing and puffing:wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why are we not allowed to go after him. We have just loaned out a promising RB who would have played the full 90 today and replaced him with someone worse.

That would probably be his only game for the rest of the season. as it is now he could play 18 or so which will help his future and development. My brother says he made a mistake but never received a shout from Akergren which he should have to leave it and let it run out. for a goal kick.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That would probably be his only game for the rest of the season. as it is now he could play 18 or so which will help his future and development. My brother says he made a mistake but never received a shout from Akergren which he should have to leave it and let it run out. for a goal kick.

Was never going to run out.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
On the highlights it seemed as if it would and WA said much the same he should have let it roll to his right foot and clear it or let it run out.

Replay 2:30 suggests otherwise..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One game played and written off by NSC, love it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
One game played and written off by NSC, love it.

Nobody suspected David James could play at both the Goldstone and the Amex,anything can happen yet..

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

Also agree CA should have taken control there but even he had just come on and immediately conceded so I don't think confidence was sky high at that time.

Regardless though, has to be put out for a corner. No messing.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I wasn't there but watched the game on a stream. Yes, he wasn't impressive but that doesn't make him a poor player! The game was pretty meaningless to us anyway, yes it would have been nice to have won or the team actually turn up but neither happened.

Onto Thursday and the first team can carry on their promotion campaign!

Well, I was there and think some of the comments on this thread are wildly over dramatic. He is a youngster who was making his debut and aside from the OG he looked a decent signing. The problem today wasn't any one player. Rather it looked like someone should have introduced the entire defense to each other pre match.
It may also have helped to tell the entire team not to hoof the ball in the air at every opportunity until the final ten minutes.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Cripes. All 3 of their goals were scored because of mistakes made by our own players. Bit unfair to go after the young loan kid like this. From the highlights it's clear we played a second string side and suffered for it.

Murray, Skalak, March, Murphy, Sidwell, Norwood and Hemed. All second string ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Replay 2:30 suggests otherwise..

That is what I was looking at and KT was in the 6yd box the Lincoln player was out wide and some 5yds outside of the 6 yd box so wouldnt have got there as the ball was coming in at an angle so would have reached the line before the attacking player could have got there, just mine and apparently WA opinion. Nobody can be 100% sure.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
What a typical NSC get the knives out thread, we lost so lets find a scapegoat.

To start with, this young 19 year old lad has been at Chelsea fot 11 years, before going on to play for England U 19s and won the FA youth cup at Chelsea.

He is used to playing on a snooker table at Chelsea, but today made his debut at a non league ground which Warren Aspinall described as a bumpy cow field, with players he has never trained with, let alone played with.
He has had to make his debut at a non league ground where BBC and SKY have loads of cameras, and he makes a cock up.
According to the radio, he was superb in the 1st half, but Lincoln got the penalty, the crowd were buzzing and Lincoln were in accendancy,he panics, makes an error and he is absolutely crucified on here.
That will probably be the only game he plays, we are out of the cup now and Liam will be cover for Bruno. Hunt meanwhile will play 15 odd games of League football and make him a lot better player.
Some of the comments on here are unbelievable.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That is what I was looking at and KT was in the 6yd box the Lincoln player was out wide and some 5yds outside of the 6 yd box so wouldnt have got there as the ball was coming in at an angle so would have reached the line before the attacking player could have got there, just mine and apparently WA opinion. Nobody can be 100% sure.

Will agree to disagree.....but i suspect the lads touch was too heavy that's all,he knew where their left most forward player was all the time and tried to dead it for Casper,4 times he turns his head to check their players position when they were breaking....

He will be a good player...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What a typical NSC get the knives out thread, we lost so lets find a scapegoat.

To start with, this young 19 year old lad has been at Chelsea fot 11 years, before going on to play for England U 19s and won the FA youth cup at Chelsea.

He is used to playing on a snooker table at Chelsea, but today made his debut at a non league ground which Warren Aspinall described as a bumpy cow field, with players he has never trained with, let alone played with.
He has had to make his debut at a non league ground where BBC and SKY have loads of cameras, and he makes a cock up.
According to the radio, he was superb in the 1st half, but Lincoln got the penalty, the crowd were buzzing and Lincoln were in accendancy,he panics, makes an error and he is absolutely crucified on here.
That will probably be the only game he plays, we are out of the cup now and Liam will be cover for Bruno. Hunt meanwhile will play 15 odd games of League football and make him a lot better player.
Some of the comments on here are unbelievable.

Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

A mistake? More like many mistakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here