Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The RB from Chelsea

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can anyone explain to me what he was trying to do?

Be clever and knock it back to the keeper?

First professional goal scoring opportunity he's had. Obviously forgot which team he's playing for. Still, it was such a good cross you wouldn't want to waste it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Poor lad - seemed to have lost all composure by that point, I don't think he really made a decision, just got caught in 2 or 3 minds.

Surprised we let Hunt out on loan...

All defenders do this at some point none more so than Duffy. I'm glad he got that error out of the way tbh, it's a reality check for the lad in a game that wasn't important.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Poor kid, he played pretty well on his professional debut, made a good interception not long before at 1-0, for that to happen must be gutting for him. i think he showed a decent amount of promise and I hope this experience will be used in the right way

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Have we all quite finished ripping him to pieces?

He may not have been very good, but neither were the rest.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As debuts go, that was probably one of the more memorable.

:lolol:

Onwards and upwards eh!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Just seen the own goal, what the hell was he doing :lol:

Could be the answer to our striker issues with his quality finishing ability like that, should we be unable to sign anyone during this window

It was his 1st professional start, which i am sure would make him more nervous and then to score in the wrong end will not have helped his confidence.

He has only been here a short while so still getting to know the other players and tactics (ie don't put it in our own net :lol:) but fair play to CH for keeping him on and letting him finish the match, hopefully he will see that there is faith in him and he gains something positive from the experience and turns into the player we think he can for us should he be called upon later this season

Last edited:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Cripes. All 3 of their goals were scored because of mistakes made by our own players. Bit unfair to go after the young loan kid like this. From the highlights it's clear we played a second string side and suffered for it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He came on as a sub for Chelsea against Leicester last season in the 60th minute.

I didn't check it myself, just went with what the commentators were saying on the stream i watched (original post has been edited to reflect this) - so it probably should have been that it was his 1st professional start then :shrug: either way he is still young and lacking experience and to concede like that will be harder to take than someone who has been paying 1st team football and find it easier to shrug it off

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Cripes. All 3 of their goals were scored because of mistakes made by our own players. Bit unfair to go after the young loan kid like this. From the highlights it's clear we played a second string side and suffered for it.

Why are we not allowed to go after him. We have just loaned out a promising RB who would have played the full 90 today and replaced him with someone worse.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why are we not allowed to go after him. We have just loaned out a promising RB who would have played the full 90 today and replaced him with someone worse.
Must confess I like many don't get this signing and being a Chelsea player I bet he's on pretty good money for a youngster....very odd unless we're looking to buy him mmmmm.

Camship

Sep 16, 2012

It really is ridiculous that you think you know that Hunt is the better player having watched him, at most, a couple of times and Tomori once when Chris has watched Hunt every day in training and Tomori would have been scouted extensively. Any even if Hunt is a better player, I have no idea how you think that makes it okay for you to 'go after' a 19 year old making his first professional start.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Just a body. Given Hunt has played very little first team football it's a good move to allow him to play week in week out and have a spare body in case of total emergency. Hunt was at best 5th choice. So will this kid from Chelsea.

How must Hunt feel??, Loaned out and we bring in a youngster - Hunt will be off in the summer surely?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought he had a good first half. He did a great run down the wing from his own half around midway through and defended OK. Don't get me wrong, the goal was awful, goal to your right and corner to your left, oh let's tap it right...

However, there were more experienced players that were more shit, like, Goldson, Murray, Norwood, Sidwell, Skalak, shall I keep going?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This. How did our crack forward line of Murray, Solly and Skalak do then ? Must have banged in loads right ? Leave the kid alone FFS, he's had 90 mins in a completely unfamiliar lineup where no-one had really played together before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here