Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* The ONLY suspensions / 'poo-gate' thread - FACTS ONLY *~*~*

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
164,330 unique visitors to NSC in the past month. It is looked at a LOT and possibly never more so than now given the media spotlight on the club.

The rest is none of your business my friend.

Wow, Amazon will be impressed.

And thanks for being my friend. I don't have many...

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
I heard some wonderful stuff today from an ex Brighton man. Do I have to run it by the mods first or can I just go ahead and post?

Go for it... as long as it is a FACT that someone told you something. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Definitely this. Not blaming the mods at all for this, and I can understand the restrictions on the players' court case because of the direct legal ramifications. But this is ridiculous from whoever has been in touch threatening action.

No one has threatened me or the site itself but time was taken out to point out where I could come unstuck on a number of postings made. It was a friendly conversation, and I'm grateful for it.

I could have all the training in the world - I doubt it would change my approach. I have a job that pays for me to live and a family to support and that is always going to come first. These incidents are thanfully few and far between and tend to blow over quickly. I appreciate there will always be people who don't like my approach. I respect that view, but also ask that my views are respected too.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
So because you buy a season ticket and a pie and a pint, along with 20,000 others, you have a right to know what is going on. Priceless

Don't forget the two season tickets for the kids, their pies/drinks/sweets, the replica kits, scarves, mascots, training tops, programmes, hat-trick lottery tickets, Seagulls Lotto, to name only those.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
5 pages and nobody has mentioned the "b" word

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
:lol: So when Tesco and Sainsbury's make changes at the the top, they have to keep you informed all the time or you go elsewhere :lol: Even if the club wasn't operating at a loss to provide you with subsidised entertainment, there'd be no need to give us constant updates. The club will deal with it as they see fit, I can't see the issue. There will be delicate negotiations about the management team's jobs, and if they're to go what settlement there will be. We don't need to hear the details while those private decisions are being made, we'll find out when the time comes.

I use Ocado.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Definitely this. Not blaming the mods at all for this, and I can understand the restrictions on the players' court case because of the direct legal ramifications. But this is ridiculous from whoever has been in touch threatening action.

Once again: given that 99.99% of people using this board know nothing of what was said to Bozza or the reasons behind it, for you to call it ridiculous is, frankly, ridiculous. There may well be extremely sound legal reasons for it, and perhaps we should be grateful that it has been quietly raised at this stage so that it can be dealt with rather than ignored until such time as somebody gets served with a writ.

It's all quite easy for you to sit at home with little fear of any consequence from what you post. Personally, whilst I have no doubt @%1; is aware there is an inevitable risk associated with being the official owner of a public forum, it nonetheless feels completely unacceptable (to me, and, I would hope to most of you) that he should ever end up having to face legal proceedings simply because somebody on here cannot grasp a polite request to avoid speculation.

If you want to gossip about the intimate details of this affair, do it down the pub. That is all he's asking.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
...If you want to gossip about the intimate details of this affair, do it down the pub. That is all he's asking.

Rather spoils NSC though, doesn't it?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
:lol: So when Tesco and Sainsbury's make changes at the the top, they have to keep you informed all the time or you go elsewhere :lol: Even if the club wasn't operating at a loss to provide you with subsidised entertainment, there'd be no need to give us constant updates. The club will deal with it as they see fit, I can't see the issue. There will be delicate negotiations about the management team's jobs, and if they're to go what settlement there will be. We don't need to hear the details while those private decisions are being made, we'll find out when the time comes.

I'm not sure that's a fair comparison and to an extent I agree with @maglers ( although he put it rather badly ). I'm sure if Tesco was to find itself in financial trouble none of us ( unless we worked for them ) would give a monkey's backside. No, we'd go to Asda instead etc.

The club on the other hand isn't just the team, the manager, the chairman or even the limited company. Fans are an integral part of it as they are loyal to that particular club. None of us are going to take our custom elsewhere - the worst that happens is that we decide to spend our money on different things. Fans are the club. Therefore I agree with maglers - it's not unreasonable to expect at the very minimum a timescale from the club. They must have one as employers disciplinary procedures usually have them - when you're disciplined one of the first things you get is the allegation and the timescale around the process.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
5 pages and nobody has mentioned the "b" word

Badger?

honeybadger.jpg

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
It just shows we have 'arrived' as a 'proper' club. Three years ago, we got two minutes on The Football League Show, now Sky shows our matches live, our manager 'has talks' with a then Prem club (Reading), and is now suspended along with his two senior coaching staff, after getting us a gnat's cock from the Play Off final. It's showbiz folks, and it's 2013, not 1978 at The Goldstone...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I have sympathy with both Bozza and the complainants here.

Bozza, as administrator/webmaster of a publicly accessible bulletin board does have to be very careful of being brought into a libel case by any aggrieved party - he could be viewed as the "publisher". It's similar to when a book publisher gets sued alongside an author for publishing what have been alleged to be defamatory remarks (those of an age may remember "Spycatcher", for example". The more read the "publication" is, the more likely it is that a potential claimant will find out about any potentially defamatory statements and therefore more likely that they would sue. If a case were proved, the wider the readership, the more likely it is that a higher amount of damages would be awarded (more people will have read the defamatory comments). 164k unique readers in a month is a LOT of readers. Should Bozza be worried? In my view, yes. Having read all (or close to all) the posts on the current issues at the club over the last week, my take is that the vast majority of posts have been ok (though some somewhat weird!). However, I have audibly winced at some. It only takes one potentially defamatory post and the poster and quite possibly Bozza himself could be in serious trouble.

On the other hand, some have complained that stripping all the threads is an over-reaction. That's quite possibly true.

The alternative is for Bozza (plus other mods) to read every single post (and re-post in other posts and in other threads) and make a judgement call on every post. A judgement call based on a level of knowledge of UK libel law that Bozza has indicated is low. Given that Bozza has been contacted with some, let's for the sake of argument say, advice that some posts are potentially borderline (or possibly more than borderline) defamatory, what real choice does he have?

I don't like the fact that many interesting threads that contained, imo, mostly idle speculation have been taken down, but I can well understand Bozza choosing to be conservative on this issue. It's no fun being sued.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here