Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* The ONLY suspensions / 'poo-gate' thread - FACTS ONLY *~*~*

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I don't have a strong opinion of the impact on our club of 'poogate' and I won't until we have a definitive statement from our club. One thing I won't rule out though - especially bearing in mind the effect it had on the opposition players - is the possibility that it was a setup by them.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I don't have a strong opinion of the impact on our club of 'poogate' and I won't until we have a definitive statement from our club. One thing I won't rule out though - especially bearing in mind the effect it had on the opposition players - is the possibility that it was a setup by them.

The one thing I find really strange about this, is the fact that not one Palace player has been quoted anywhere on the subject. Other than Holloway the silence has been deafening on the subject.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think you are mistaken and I think we will suffer many songs not just from Palace about this. I really think this will be added to the homophobic lines that is aimed at us wherever we go. Not that the homophobic songs worry me, but I do think this incident will be added in someway to the songs now, I hope I am wrong.

Why do you care is the real question?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
To the tune of "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Someone left some selhurst in the changing room.
Just to make you feel like you're at home
When we look round here at your facilities
Makes us wonder why on earth did you moan

Take a bow Phil Spector :cheery:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
i don't have a strong opinion of the impact on our club of 'poogate' and i won't until we have a definitive statement from our club. One thing i won't rule out though - especially bearing in mind the effect it had on the opposition players - is the possibility that it was a setup by them.

this

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

The one thing I find really strange about this, is the fact that not one Palace player has been quoted anywhere on the subject. Other than Holloway the silence has been deafening on the subject.

A few days ago, the MODS were deleting posts like this quicker than you could say MACHETE. Has something changed?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I am sort of surprised there wasn't a process in place where someone fairly senior checks the dressing rooms (home, away or referee) before locking it down and handing it over.

One imagines there is now.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Let's put Lord B's comments into context. Firstly, there are a number of employees at the club who are part of the old guard from the Dick Knight days who are not happy that Bloom ousted DK and are also not happy that the club is being managed and run less like a church committee and more like an efficient, modern and expanding business.

Barber is Bloom's man, of that there is no doubt. Every decision Barber makes is sanctioned by TB. That explains a lot of resentment. Also, Barber is working flat out to make the club self-sufficient and within FFP. Even in our first year at the Amex there were huge losses made. Barber is trying to stop this and staff who were used to relatively free reign on spending are now being asked to justify every penny. Bloom was livid with the way the club was continuing ro be run and ditched Brown in favour of a CE that was strong enough to change the culture. Another cause of resentment.

Poyet's always moaned about budgets, lack of funds etc. he seemed to expect Bloom to be like Abramovich and operate on an open cheque book policy. Bloom has repeatedly told him that he must operate within the budget. Barber's job is to ensure this occurs. Given Poyet's views and his character he would clash with whoever is Chief Exec. Granted, Poyet and Barber fell out at Spurs but it's up to both if them to behave in an adult manner and bury personal differences and act in the best interests of the club. I can't comment on whether either of them has done so behind closed doors but publicly Poyet has repeatedly allowed his ego to put himself above the club. I don't think it's particularly fanciful to speculate that Poyet would have problems with whoever was Chief Exec, especially one who has FFP as a legal requirement.

This anti-Barber campaign is so misguided because it's futile, Barber is Bloom's man and if Barber did go then the next CE would have to make the same decisions because of the need to be self-financing and within FFP.

I too agree with most of this. Regarding the opening points, it's worth noting that there are relatively few employees who can be described as "the old guard from the Dick Knight days". The explosion in staff numbers happened after Tony Bloom took over, when Ken Brown was managing director. I was never aware of a culture of wastefulness during Dick Knight's final days as chairman. The business was certainly losing shedloads of money in those days - heroically covered in the main by Tony Bloom - but that was due to the club playing at Withdean rather than to people throwing cash around.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
The first reports that I read stated spread over the walls, now in the media reports appeared to have been scaled down to a pile on the floor.
I am expecting this to be scaled down further, to a PLASTIC joke turd.

Well someone did say that Holloway was in there on his own!

I guess there'll also be a few toilet rolls flying around the away end next season as well - just like the old days...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here