*~*~* The ONLY suspensions / 'poo-gate' thread - FACTS ONLY *~*~*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
and one who probably had a a part to play in him being fired at spurs.

I doubt the CEO fires anyone without the owner/chairman authorising it, so pehaps Daniel Levy made the descision.
And that was to sack Ramos, not Poyet, he went cos he was the managers assistant

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Just reading espn about Stoke and a source close to poyet is quoted as saying he would like to speak to them but needs the situation here sorted first. In my worried state it does sound like a resolution one way or the other is still a way off. Just got that horrible reminder of the season Taylor left and it took and age to appoint Hinslewood. We got relegated that season and lost 10 in a row. doubt it will be that back but...

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Is anyone else finding poogate more amusing with the passing of time? Something to tell the grandkids and all that...

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Is anyone else finding poogate more amusing with the passing of time? Something to tell the grandkids and all that...

Opposite really. Just want to know who did it now. How can it be that hard in a state of the art stadium to find out who went in and did the crime?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Let's put Lord B's comments into context. Firstly, there are a number of employees at the club who are part of the old guard from the Dick Knight days who are not happy that Bloom ousted DK and are also not happy that the club is being managed and run less like a church committee and more like an efficient, modern and expanding business.

Barber is Bloom's man, of that there is no doubt. Every decision Barber makes is sanctioned by TB. That explains a lot of resentment. Also, Barber is working flat out to make the club self-sufficient and within FFP. Even in our first year at the Amex there were huge losses made. Barber is trying to stop this and staff who were used to relatively free reign on spending are now being asked to justify every penny. Bloom was livid with the way the club was continuing ro be run and ditched Brown in favour of a CE that was strong enough to change the culture. Another cause of resentment.

Poyet's always moaned about budgets, lack of funds etc. he seemed to expect Bloom to be like Abramovich and operate on an open cheque book policy. Bloom has repeatedly told him that he must operate within the budget. Barber's job is to ensure this occurs. Given Poyet's views and his character he would clash with whoever is Chief Exec. Granted, Poyet and Barber fell out at Spurs but it's up to both if them to behave in an adult manner and bury personal differences and act in the best interests of the club. I can't comment on whether either of them has done so behind closed doors but publicly Poyet has repeatedly allowed his ego to put himself above the club. I don't think it's particularly fanciful to speculate that Poyet would have problems with whoever was Chief Exec, especially one who has FFP as a legal requirement.

This anti-Barber campaign is so misguided because it's futile, Barber is Bloom's man and if Barber did go then the next CE would have to make the same decisions because of the need to be self-financing and within FFP.

On the money, Buzzer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nope. Just tiresome and moronic. Oh, and embarrassing.

It'll end up being written into the blogosphere in articles attempting to explain the history of our rivalry with them though. But those of us who were here at the time on this side of the divide will remain embarrassed by it all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought, wrongly it seems, that entry to restricted areas was controlled by card entry so it would be easy to tell who was or wasnt in that area at any given time. Or rather whose card was used to gain entry.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Tiresome is right. And we will be reminded of it for years to come. We had best get used to it.

this
I am embarrassed for the club I love and the city I was born in

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If they have any or the aforesaid poo left around a DNA sample would nail it. You'd think theyd have thought of that before cleaning it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I thought, wrongly it seems, that entry to restricted areas was controlled by card entry so it would be easy to tell who was or wasnt in that area at any given time. Or rather whose card was used to gain entry.

It is. If you go on a tour the guide has to use his card to gain access (did not check, but it seemed that it was used to get through every door. I know the cards are coded for different areas because he could not let me out on the the 1901 tier (I was debating buying East Upper tickets, and wanted to check the different views)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It is. If you go on a tour the guide has to use his card to gain access (did not check, but it seemed that it was used to get through every door. I know the cards are coded for different areas because he could not let me out on the the 1901 tier (I was debating buying East Upper tickets, and wanted to check the different views)

If you listened to Gary Dicker on the 5 live interview, he said that there were only 7 people with passes that get you into the changing room area.
He also said, even the players cannot get into the changing room without one of these people letting them in.

I have supported this club for over 50 years and have never felt so low in being a supporter of the club and this is all because of this incident. The losing to the Palace, the fact that it looks like we have lost Gus I can handle, but the disgrace that this has brought on the club I am finding hard to handle.
You only have to read the P**gate thread on the BBS, to know how much of a laughing stock the club is now and we will have to live with this for years to come.
We really do need some statement from the club at the end of this, that shows it has been dealt with properly and we can start to regain some respect as a club. .

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
If you listened to Gary Dicker on the 5 live interview, he said that there were only 7 people with passes that get you into the changing room area.
He also said, even the players cannot get into the changing room without one of these people letting them in.

I have supported this club for over 50 years and have never felt so low in being a supporter of the club and this is all because of this incident. The losing to the Palace, the fact that it looks like we have lost Gus I can handle, but the disgrace that this has brought on the club I am finding hard to handle.
You only have to read the P**gate thread on the BBS, to know how much of a laughing stock the club is now and we will have to live with this for years to come.
We really do need some statement at the end of this, that shows it has been dealt with properly and we can start to regain some respect as a club. .

Cheer up, bloody hell! Have a nice cuppa tea.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

We really do need some statement from the club at the end of this, that shows it has been dealt with properly and we can start to regain some respect as a club. .

absolutely this

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex

Only if you're this guy:

300px-444px-Cletus.png

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Oh come on. An internet message board populated by our rivals. Of course they are going to be all over it.

Most of the football world really couldn't care less. How much time have you spent thinking about the pigs head at Stoke?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports