Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* The ONLY suspensions / 'poo-gate' thread - FACTS ONLY *~*~*

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...if it was any other business that had treated me like this I'd withdraw my custom and go somewhere else. Unfortunately, as I and the club know, that's not an option, principally because I'm a fan, not a customer.

many other businesses you use will suspend staff from time to time without you even knowing let alone caring.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
"Poogate" and the suspensions are not related according to this BBC article today - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22606048

Read above, Bozza just said that it HAS NOT came from the club.

According to the Guardian 'Poyet was apparently so disgusted to learn of the incident that he sent an email to staff demanding that the culprit be found and sacked. He and his coaching team have since been suspended by the club, apparently partly because the hierarchy were annoyed by aspects of Poyet's emailed complaint. It is not suggested that any of the trio were involved in the dressing-room incident.'

We may need to clarify what a 'fact' is. Can we be safe with anything mentioned in the media?

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
It's already been said that is not the club ( or by inference the club's representatives ), please be fair.

So if it's not the club or any of their representaives who are upset by the speculation, who is? Palace and their representatives? Yet again, an unclear statement has led me to speculate and risk getting NSC in trouble. Why not just reveal who is so offended by meaningless speculation on a small but perfectly formed fans' website that is viewed regularly by fewer than 1,000 people?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If the club (or their representatives) are so concerned about speculation, why don't they release some facts instead of anodyne press releases that reveal absolutely nothing? And if the suspensions of the coaching team aren't related to this, then why can't they give us the reason(s) why they have been suspended and a timescale for when things are likely to be resolved one way or the other. I don't think I'm the only one who puts a large sum of money into the club's coffers every season - if it was any other business that had treated me like this I'd withdraw my custom and go somewhere else. Unfortunately, as I and the club know, that's not an option, principally because I'm a fan, not a customer.

well said sir ....Oh and by the way its not coaching team its STAFF
two other things
if an opology has been made to Palace then can we assume they know who the culprit is?
and if someone has put a bit of a "D" notice on this site "the truth is out there somewhere" and it does look to me as though someone might have gotten close to the knuckle.
Oh yes and thirdly I aways knew we would end up being just a little like North Korea, no standing, clackers and now this
Oh and fourthly who exactly is in charge of security at the Amex

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
According to the Guardian 'Poyet was apparently so disgusted to learn of the incident that he sent an email to staff demanding that the culprit be found and sacked. He and his coaching team have since been suspended by the club, apparently partly because the hierarchy were annoyed by aspects of Poyet's emailed complaint. It is not suggested that any of the trio were involved in the dressing-room incident.'

We may need to clarify what a 'fact' is. Can we be safe with anything mentioned in the media?

I'd have thought posting what the media are saying would be fine, but it appears that Gus isnt DIRECTLY related to "Poogate" more in-directly via the e-mail, doesnt explain the suspensions of Tanno and Charlie though and I wont speculate about that.

Oh and media doesnt include that Football Rumours website where about 3% is true.....and that is a fact.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Lol..now the speculation starts on who is scrutinising the site ..makes me chuckle

and are these threatening watchers concerned about the Phantom Pooer or the suspensions of Gus, Tanno and Charlie??

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some of you are so thick it causes me actual physical pain to read your attempts at constructive debate etc.
:lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So if it's not the club or any of their representaives who are upset by the speculation, who is? Palace and their representatives? Yet again, an unclear statement has led me to speculate and risk getting NSC in trouble. Why not just reveal who is so offended by meaningless speculation on a small but perfectly formed fans' website that is viewed regularly by fewer than 1,000 people?

164,330 unique visitors to NSC in the past month. It is looked at a LOT and possibly never more so than now given the media spotlight on the club.

The rest is none of your business my friend.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Fact only you say. Hmm, in the words of Yoda, "Short this thread will be"

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That doesn't follow at all. You can make a general apology for an event to have occurred on behalf of the club without knowing.

but why in the last 24hours they had already made 2 apologies why again

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
164,330 unique visitors to NSC in the past month. It is looked at a LOT and possibly never more so than now given the media spotlight on the club.

The rest is none of your business my friend.

164k unique visitors?! Wow!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If the club (or their representatives) are so concerned about speculation, why don't they release some facts instead of anodyne press releases that reveal absolutely nothing? And if the suspensions of the coaching team aren't related to this, then why can't they give us the reason(s) why they have been suspended and a timescale for when things are likely to be resolved one way or the other. I don't think I'm the only one who puts a large sum of money into the club's coffers every season - if it was any other business that had treated me like this I'd withdraw my custom and go somewhere else. Unfortunately, as I and the club know, that's not an option, principally because I'm a fan, not a customer.

You idiot

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

So because you buy a season ticket and a pie and a pint, along with 20,000 others, you have a right to know what is going on. Priceless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here