Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official not really bothered about the Rugby World Cup Thread

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Cobblers, every word, can't be bothered to respond to such contrived fabricated comment or opinion.....utter crap.

Great argument. Very well put. I'd be interested to know which part of it is contrived or fabricated though as it's all true? As you can see from my post, I don't hate rugby as a sport. Really looked forward to Twickenham and I'd go again for a day out and a few beers. Just was underwhelmed by the atmosphere in a sporting sense after so much hype. I can only assume a lot of rugby fans haven't really been to a top football match with a big crowd since the 1980s. I mean, try music needed? At England v Scotland? Perhaps you should give a football World Cup or European Championship a go, where you'll also find the fans at 99% of games mixing happily, drinking together and whipping up an atmosphere that I'm afraid far outweighed what I experienced for myself at Twickenham, rather than read about in the paper or heard about from friends.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Agree with respect for the ref. football should only allow the captain to speak to the ref. technology? Less so. They use it but there is work to be done. A lesson for football.

Respect for the ref and lack of whinging about decisions are things I think football could learn from rugby. More technology - no thanks. Goal-line is a no brainer but that's black and white. Everything else is too subjective and replays are often inconclusive for a quick decision. Retrospective action is better. Wouldn't mind a sin bin for 2 yellows to stop games being spoiled by petty fouls.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Agree with respect for the ref. football should only allow the captain to speak to the ref. technology? Less so. They use it but there is work to be done. A lesson for football.

I'd agree. From what I've seen so far the use of technology badly effects the flow of the game, a concern people have expressed about its potential introduction in football

Lush

Mods' Pet
I went today to see Samoa v USA with an open mind - my first ever serious rugby game. I won't be rushing back. It's stop..start...stop...start. Spectators up and down all match getting more beer and visiting the loo. Only one or two songs. And you might as well just call it 'Bundle'. I understand the SA v Japan game was pretty special, but give me football any day of the week. Even a 0-0 at Wolves.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I went today to see Samoa v USA with an open mind - my first ever serious rugby game. I won't be rushing back. It's stop..start...stop...start. Spectators up and down all match getting more beer and visiting the loo. Only one or two songs. And you might as well just call it 'Bundle'. I understand the SA v Japan game was pretty special, but give me football any day of the week. Even a 0-0 at Wolves.

Exactly how I feel, Lush! Well said!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Seeing game today does make our Game and players look a bit Girlie.... Cracking Game,great atmosphere lovely to watch...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So contrary to your first post re mine you do seem to care...

You mean by starting a thread for rugby fans like yourself and pointing you in the direction of that thread, oh and by pointing out this thread title.
You're welcome, I am the caring type :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here