Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official not really bothered about the Rugby World Cup Thread

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This. As was once written " football is a game for gentlemen played by hooligans whereas rugby is a game for hooligans played by gentlemen" Referees get total respect from players (No Rooney type attitudes accepted) No cheating trying to get other players sent off or feigning injury.

to be fair, they need the referee to explain to them what's going on half the time don't they?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I wonder is you asked 100 of these fanatical England rugger fans which club side they support and where the play how many would have an answer? 10% maybe. If that.

I know what you mean. I know this bloke who's always braying about how good rugby is and how much he loves it. He was talking about something or other to someone saying the 'The Irish Londoners or something...', 'You mean, London Irish?' I, the rugby atheist asked.

I can guarantee he never sat through grandstand's videprinter.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
to be fair, they need the referee to explain to them what's going on half the time don't they?

Not really. The referee explains his decision and it is final.

Apart from the match last night, where the ref gave a try and changed his mind and went to the TMO when he saw the replay on the stadium screens.That was wrong.

Love rugby but I was the same, ought a couple of £85 tickets for today's game and then, a couple of weeks ago, thought WTF, I don't event WANT to go. Give me tickets to England v Wales, Australia, Fiji, Canada, Burgess Hill paper boys second XV, anyone but SA v Japan?? I sincerely hope everyone who goes has a great time but I'd be grumpy if I was having to go this afternoon.

Happy now?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I picked today to say I find rugby boring, and then...that. God, that wasn't boring.

I won't hold my breath for the rest of the tournament, though.

:wink:

hehe, not sure, I would definitely have left before the end to beat the rush so don't really know :)

Curiously, most of the Japanese fans stayed to the very end. And that's odd, since we all know that squeezing on to a crowded train is the national sport in Japan, whereas rugby is just a game that they're not very good at.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I picked today to say I find rugby boring, and then...that. God, that wasn't boring.

I won't hold my breath for the rest of the tournament, though.

:wink:

My feelings exactly !

I have to say, SA v Japan was cuffing EPIC. I feel a bit of an idiot for my earlier rant. I still didn't really know what the hell was going on, but by 'eck I was cheering those Japanese on every inch of the way. And what a finish.

If I see anything better than that in this whole tournament I'll be amazed.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Curiously, most of the Japanese fans stayed to the very end. And that's odd, since we all know that squeezing on to a crowded train is the national sport in Japan, whereas rugby is just a game that they're not very good at.

However they ARE clearly better at it than the Saffers! :clap:

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
Amex looking impressive on the telly. Wonder who is in my seat!

Are you concerned about their personal hygiene? Do you hope they douched themselves after evacuating their bowels before they left the house and eventually taking their place in your seat? What measures will you take at the next home match to combat the threat of cross contamination before reclaiming your seat? Will you be sneaking some antibacterial wipes into the next home match? Will you be losing sleep over the fact that bacterial organisms multiply at an alarming rate if left untreated? I know I would.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I will doff my cap to the Japan v South Africa game, which I have just looked at the result of and I am sure I would have enjoyed, but only for the underdog element, not through a love of the sport.

I will doff my cap to the Japan v South Africa game, which I have just looked at the result of and I am sure I would have enjoyed, but only for the underdog element, not through a love of the sport.

But Japan didn't play like underdogs. They played like arrogant *******s who know that opting for a scrum in the last minute will win them the game, when kicking a penalty will only get them a draw. Against South Africa, ffs!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Are you concerned about their personal hygiene? Do you hope they douched themselves after evacuating their bowels before they left the house and eventually taking their place in your seat? What measures will you take at the next home match to combat the threat of cross contamination before reclaiming your seat? Will you be sneaking some antibacterial wipes into the next home match? Will you be losing sleep over the fact that bacterial organisms multiply at an alarming rate if left untreated? I know I would.

You should try harder in your next post:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here