Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
No, he was taking too much time and floating passes, think he was negative yards earlier. He's finding the hard way that the NFL is such a stronger, faster game that college football. Bengals getting sweet revenge for earlier in the season,

steelers and ravens winning, leagues going to the death

The Steelers secondary is so bad that the offense will need to score more to win this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Packers are looking human :down:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ahem!

We moved off of the bottom of the AFC South after beating the Titans 21-13. Bortles played with a sprained foot, got sacked 4 times (60 for the season, a franchise record) but still led us to victory. Sen'Derrick Marks activated a contract clause, he registered his 8th sack of the season to earn a cool $600,000 bonus. He gave it the Manziel $$$$ celebration. We appear to have something that represents a decent defence, if we could just get some protection for Bortles we could be ok.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
if we could just get some protection for Bortles we could be ok.

Looks like a big if, from what I saw yesterday. Saying that, was quite impressed with Bortles' attitude, particularly after a pretty poor start; and I thought the rookie receiver whose name I'm too lazy to check on wikipedia looked good.

Also, as somebody who has Toby Gerhardt in his fantasy team, it's nice to confirm that he's alive.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Ahem!

We moved off of the bottom of the AFC South after beating the Titans 21-13. Bortles played with a sprained foot, got sacked 4 times (60 for the season, a franchise record) but still led us to victory. Sen'Derrick Marks activated a contract clause, he registered his 8th sack of the season to earn a cool $600,000 bonus. He gave it the Manziel $$$$ celebration. We appear to have something that represents a decent defence, if we could just get some protection for Bortles we could be ok.

Watched this game last night - it was AWFUL.

Bit like watching two mediocre teams from League 1 in an end of season nothing game. Can't really get too critical as I'm a Giants fan though.....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Looks like a big if, from what I saw yesterday. Saying that, was quite impressed with Bortles' attitude, particularly after a pretty poor start; and I thought the rookie receiver whose name I'm too lazy to check on wikipedia looked good.

Also, as somebody who has Toby Gerhardt in his fantasy team, it's nice to confirm that he's alive.

We've got 3 rookie receivers, Allen Robinson is crocked so it would have been either Marqise Lee or Allan Hurns? Gerhart has had a fairly low key debut season, Denard Robinson has been our most effective RB but he's injured too. Blake has been left exposed so many times it's surprising he hasn't been injured more, the kid is made of tough stuff. We absolutely must draft some decent protection for him, he needs more than 1 second to find a play.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Watched this game last night - it was AWFUL.

Bit like watching two mediocre teams from League 1 in an end of season nothing game. Can't really get too critical as I'm a Giants fan though.....
It was never going to be a thriller, but at least the Jags provided the few highlights, Todman's 62 yard TD was enjoyable. You know the Jags-Giants game was the biggest ever comeback the franchises history, that's never the sort of thing you want to hear your team being associated with :lol:

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Marqise Lee is the one I was thinking of. Regarding Bortles, I was impressed with the fact that he took that sort of pounding (which I presume is par for the course, and I shudder to imagine what happens in the two games against JJ Watt) without appearing shell-shocked. God knows what sort of state RG3 would be in behind that line!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Marqise Lee is the one I was thinking of. Regarding Bortles, I was impressed with the fact that he took that sort of pounding (which I presume is par for the course, and I shudder to imagine what happens in the two games against JJ Watt) without appearing shell-shocked. God knows what sort of state RG3 would be in behind that line!
By some miracle JJ Watt never really got to him, he got 1 half assed scrappy sack but again BB just gets up and goes again. Despite getting ass kicked all season he remains positive and confident. His post game interview he said the only way to learn is reps, and that means getting out there and playing the biggest strongest guys.
Marqise Lee has been a bit of a slow burner this season, but in recent weeks he's been showing up with some nice catches, he's got pace to burn too. Hurns has been the real highlight, undrafted and he leads our TD's.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I’m wondering if the Jets Pats game this Sunday is the equivalent of the Brighton Wolves game with Woody Johnson finally saying enough is enough and getting rid of the hapless Rex Ryan . Somehow I doubt it – my prediction is that both Brighton and the Jets will lose (Belichick can’t seem to put a foot wrong at the minute) and that both Hyypia and Ryan will still be in a job come Monday

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I’m wondering if the Jets Pats game this Sunday is the equivalent of the Brighton Wolves game with Woody Johnson finally saying enough is enough and getting rid of the hapless Rex Ryan . Somehow I doubt it – my prediction is that both Brighton and the Jets will lose (Belichick can’t seem to put a foot wrong at the minute) and that both Hyypia and Ryan will still be in a job come Monday

Ah but Brighton don't have Geno.....

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Right, we seem to have quite a mixture of teams going on, how many have we got covered?

Jacksonville Jaguars - DFP, WillyFantastic
Arizona Cardinals - Gullyflyinghigh
Buffalo Bills - Herne Hill Seagull
Cincinatti Bengals - Lemming Stomper, Bladders
Washington Redskins - Hotchillidog
Minnesota Vikings - Ali_rrr, Eggman
NY Jets - SeagullTim
Cleveland Browns - Wattos Left Peg
Green Bay Packers - lola, Stat Brother, Juan Albion
Seattle Seahawks - Reinelt12, Hawk the Seagull
Baltimore Ravens -
NY Giants -
Tennessee Titans - The Tassie Seagull
Houston Texans -
San Diego Chargers -
Carolina Panthers -
Detroit Lions -
San Francisco 49ers -
Dallas Cownoys -
Oakland Raiders - M20gull
Miami Dolphins - Miami Seagull (just a hunch)
Indianapolis Colts -
Philadelphia Eagles -
St Louis Rams -
Chicago Bears-
Denver Broncos -
Pittsburgh Steelers - spring hall convert
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Da Man Clay
New England Patriots - Halbpro
New Orleans Saints -
Atlanta Falcons -
Kansas City Chiefs -
Anymore for anymore?

Colts they just needed some Luck! :lolol:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Could I be added to falcons please! Huge fan, have been for last 6 years since travelling out their and while in Atlanta went to a game on the off chance and got hooked! Watch every falcons game on my laptop while watching redzone on tele! Also went through the heartbreak at wembley back in oct! My gf is American and a huge eagles fan, so she's cheering on (loudly!) the colts tonight!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Steelers make the playoffs.

With this offense they could beat anyone on their day but the secondary is too weak for a serious superbowl challenge, I think.

Unfortunately probably right but they did a good job tonight restricting Kansas to only field goals tonight.

Still miffed at that taunting call on William Gay!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Eagles crashing and burning again!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here