Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**The Official Match Thread - Millwall vs BHA***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Is it?

It seems to me to be more a case of which Brighton and Hove Albion shows up - the one which beat Ipswich and Derby, or the one that couldn't score home or away against Blackpool. We're so inconsistent that our opponent's form doesn't seem to matter.

If thumbs up were available, I would have. Please take this as a thumbs up:)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If we actually started an away game on the front foot we might actually score some goals and pick up some points. As it is, we encourage teams in poor form by sitting back and inevitably end up losing without threatening the score sheet.
We tried that at Bolton the other week - same outcome.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Still well under the cosh. We don't seem to want to keep the ball - most of our passes are going to their players :(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm sure we write this sort of thing before every game...
Exactly. Its nice that our blind labrador pants and chases every single ball so that things are made a little easier for our proper strikers, but it would be so much better if he could actually SCORE in the 65 minutes he usually gets.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't help thinking the constant tactical tinkering is unhelpful. Our players aren't good enough to cope with change after years of "we are Brighton. We only play one way"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we actually started an away game on the front foot we might actually score some goals and pick up some points. As it is, we encourage teams in poor form by sitting back and inevitably end up losing without threatening the score sheet.

One of the reasons why I'm not convinced by Hughton. Far too negative away from home with a team that can't defend that well and offers nothing up front giving the advantage to the home team..everytime.

Teams grow in confidence against Brighton because it is clear we are playing with fear away from home.

Love to be wrong but I expect us to get beat tonight

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
watching-paint-dry-5.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One of the reasons why I'm not convinced by Hughton. Far too negative away from home with a team that can't defend that well and offers nothing up front giving the advantage to the home team..everytime.
I don't mind it on a cold night in Cardiff, but this is Millwall. 1500 away fans and utterly shit opposition. We should be looking to win this.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
isn't it obvious that CH is using an opportunity afforded to very few managers, ie the chance to look at everyone, in different formations and positions, without compromising our league position next season, with a view to sorting out the wheat from the chaff?

if you're reading this Chris, Mackail Smith and Best are not the answer!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
isn't it obvious that CH is using an opportunity afforded to very few managers, ie the chance to look at everyone, in different formations and positions, without compromising our league position next season, with a view to sorting out the wheat from the chaff?

is the correct answer

if your reading this Chris, Mackail Smith and Best are not the answer!!!

and so is this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here