Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The Official January Transfer Window Thread *******

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So we've brought in 3 players now (assuming the work permit for Keyal is a formality). Do people think we are done? I feel we will get a wide player and possibly another striker with either CMS or COG heading out. I'd be interested in other peoples thoughts.
I agree. Just not sure who the wide player will be.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cardiff look like they are going through a cost cutting exercise at the moment. I noticed that they have released Kim Bo-Kyung, a player that we were looking at in the Gus era. I wonder if we'll go in for him now that he's unattached?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Cardiff look like they are going through a cost cutting exercise at the moment. I noticed that they have released Kim Bo-Kyung, a player that we were looking at in the Gus era. I wonder if we'll go in for him now that he's unattached?

Craig Noone?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Wigan appear to be selling every one of their players who is even remotely decent. Watson, Maloney, Forshaw and McManaman have all left just in the last two days.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Wigan appear to be selling every one of their players who is even remotely decent. Watson, Maloney, Forshaw and McManaman have all left just in the last two days.
£2m Forshaw's gone to Boro for. That's £3.5m they've spent on their central midfield alone this season (before you even get onto Kike, Vossen etc). Would hazard a guess that they're somewhat banking on promotion looking at their net spend for 2014/15. Fair play if they do go up - would find it quite amusing if they don't, though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
i guess from the lack of strikers on here nobody knows who aspinal was going on about the other day?

I rarely understand what Warren 'Jake Fortis-Caskey' Aspinall is going on about - who does!?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Transfer Centre Live ‏@TransferCentreL 14m14 minutes ago
Wigan Athletic are close to signing Leeds United midfielder Rodolph Austin.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And another alleged target might be heading elsewhere:

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 2h2 hours ago
Shola Ameobi has agreed a deal to join Crystal Palace until the end of the season. #CPFC #WBA #QPR

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
i dont know hehe but a couple of people have said he said we dont need COG as we have someone better lined up?????? tbf he cant speak good but he can scout and spot a player

His exact words were, if we get the player we are interested in then "COG will be gone"

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Yes, it appears that Whelan fancies a renewal season in League One next year. They only signed Forshaw in the summer, whereas the other lot were probably high earners. But it seems as though they've given up already.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
wish we had signed Phil Mchunt from Berwick....would of been a great player for us

phil mchunt

soccersauce@ We understand Brighton are in advanced talks to sign Berwick star Phil Mchunt

Berwick have at last accepted our 50,000 bid for their star player.Under 21 hot shot Phil Mchunt should sign

It wasnt funny the first, second or even third time you posted it, get some new material.

Albion1972 = banned poster Vulture.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?141868-Phil-Mchunt&referrerid=0

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
this has to be the most boring transfer window on record, no rumour's, no multi page superstar threads, no spots at Gatwick, no one seen leaving the Grand Hotel with Gus and Bloom......just rubbish....I have actually worked which is just shocking.

anyway back to the official award winning SNOW thread. Its just so much more exciting. (and at the same time rather disappointing) ((just like this thread))

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
CMS to Bolton on a permanent deal and Grabban in on loan?

Source is one of those crap twitter accounts but I have to say I would be okay with that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here