Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The Official January Transfer Window Thread *******

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'd say we need three quality permanent signings (no more loans) to ensure we stay up this season. Unfortunately I think it's highly unlikely that will happen.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Get the players in. We may have enough to stay up but I think it will be close without a new central midfielder, wide player and striker.

We do need players agreed, only a couple to ensure safety one that can score would help!!!. TB has said money is there so here's hoping.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Surely we would've previously been looking at prospective buys and were ready to enter into negotiations as soon as the window opened.

I presume that as the window gets nearer to closing, the better players have been snapped up, the number of players available for sale decreases and the price for those less sought after players goes up?
Especially when the other teams know the team is in a bit of a predicament and need to buy to help fend off relegation?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Leon Best... hmmm...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Surely we would've previously been looking at prospective buys and were ready to enter into negotiations as soon as the window opened.

I presume that as the window gets nearer to closing, the better players have been snapped up, the number of players available for sale decreases and the price for those less sought after players goes up?
Especially when the other teams know the team is in a bit of a predicament and need to buy to help fend off relegation?

Doesn't really work quite that way in January.what tends to happen is that deals are agreed but dependant on replacements so creating a log jam with everyone (clubs/players/agents) waiting til the last minute to get the best deal. Very little actually happens until the last day. It isn't a situation to beat the club over the head with for being slow to act. Most everyone is in the same position.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
OUT: ???

Toko ?
COG ?
McCourt ?
CMS ??
Agustien ??

IN: ???

Best ?
Benno ?
Power ?

Jones reported as scouting in Spain ?

Could be quite an overhaul.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A creative central midfielder and EB. Job done.

Oh, and get rid of Kemy...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Andy Naylor has just tweeted that tomorrows Argus will include details of the Kayal signing & 'another potential signing'...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here