Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The Official January Transfer Window Thread *******

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So much for the albion to sort out, but so far a very dull transfer window.

The striker problems - CMS and COG - still need to be resolved.

2 midfielders needed, and hopefully Kemy to be shipped out, along with a rumour of McCourt moving on.

But it's been boring so far. If Burke were still here, he'd have to go :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

2 midfielders needed, and hopefully Kemy to be shipped out, along with a rumour of McCourt moving on.

That bit made me :lolol:

Oh, and I think we have 3 strikers who are not really good enough. Where's the evidence Sam B is any good at this level?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That bit made me :lolol:

Oh, and I think we have 3 strikers who are not really good enough. Where's the evidence Sam B is any good at this level?
Oh I agree. Baldrick should go. However, I think it is beyond us to sign 3 decent strikers in January, so for me, SB stays until the summer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's an odd one, wouldn't imagine he's the sort of player to fire them to promotion.....

How's Bent getting on? Has he played? Any good? Has he displaced anyone decent?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
How's Bent getting on? Has he played? Any good? Has he displaced anyone decent?

Got a bit of time today, but we weren't very good - I said on here at the time I'd be surprised if joined us as he wouldn't be coming straight in ahead of Martin. Turns out that's exactly what he was told by McClaren and he thought Bent would turn us down because of that, but apparently happy to take on the challenge which I guess is no bad thing.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i distinctly remember TB saying we were ahead of the game at the start of the transfer window......well that is clearly looking like a crock of shite. if we don't invest soon then we will be even further in trouble. our strike force is woeful.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Told today that NJ was in Spain last week looking at a player . No idea who but watched twice recently he scored two in one game and did nothing in the other. Maybe one of our European football watchers could work out who it might have been.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Told today that NJ was in Spain last week looking at a player . No idea who but watched twice recently he scored two in one game and did nothing in the other. Maybe one of our European football watchers could work out who it might have been.
I hope to high heavan that we are trying to sign a striker.

We need to sign 3, and ship out Baldrick, CMS and Colunga, which is a tough ask.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
i distinctly remember TB saying we were ahead of the game at the start of the transfer window......well that is clearly looking like a crock of shite. if we don't invest soon then we will be even further in trouble. our strike force is woeful.

Similar crock of shite to being judged in September as a very competitive squad. He's getting some shite advice from somewhere

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

couple of attacking midfielders scored twice for second division teams last week or so

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Agree CMS but COG has proven his worth to me, at least for remainder of the year. In the land of the blind the one eyed pirate is king, or whatever the saying is !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
couple of attacking midfielders scored twice for second division teams last week or so

Care to take a punt on names?
I figure it is likely someone who hasn't been getting regular game time. The person relaying the info (club employee) suggested it was someone who had fallen out under a new manager (loads of those in la segunda). My first thought from a scan of recent results was Willian Jose at Zaragosa who had a rapid rise (to Madrid B) and equally rapid fall, but he is owned by a Uruguyan club and probably has passport issues a la Ulloa.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Care to take a punt on names?
I figure it is likely someone who hasn't been getting regular game time. The person relaying the info (club employee) suggested it was someone who had fallen out under a new manager (loads of those in la segunda). My first thought from a scan of recent results was Willian Jose at Zaragosa who had a rapid rise (to Madrid B) and equally rapid fall, but he is owned by a Uruguyan club and probably has passport issues a la Ulloa.

Óscar González Marcos - Vallodolid - bit old
or this guy
Miguel de las Cuevas -osasuna

but the only science behind these names is that they scored twice a week or so ago and then didn't the latest game!! would have thought a striker was more likely to be honest.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Óscar González Marcos - Vallodolid - bit old
or this guy
Miguel de las Cuevas -osasuna

but the only science behind these names is that they scored twice a week or so ago and then didn't the latest game!! would have thought a striker was more likely to be honest.

Would love to have our very own Oscar but I fancy Ossasuna's Miguel as an extremely good shout :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here