Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The Official January Transfer Window Thread *******

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
CMS to Bolton on a permanent deal and Grabban in on loan?

Source is one of those crap twitter accounts but I have to say I would be okay with that

must say that does sound very good ............................lets hope it works out

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Yes, it appears that Whelan fancies a renewal season in League One next year. They only signed Forshaw in the summer, whereas the other lot were probably high earners. But it seems as though they've given up already.

Forshaw signed for £5m in the summer, they only got £2m for him 6 months later. They released Ivan Ramis today too, I'd love to know what's going on up there.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
From CH's comments today doesn't look like much more is going to happen post-Kayal signing. Still think we need a left-sided forward, but reasonably pleased.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Colunga going was unexpected.

I still think we'll be getting Bennett and Power in, and that McCourt will go.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Colunga going was unexpected.

I still think we'll be getting Bennett and Power in, and that McCourt will go.

Yes, all possible. Would love Kemy to find the exit door too - pay the waster off if necessary.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
~27 hours left of this window.

Surely the albion are not really waiting for the loan window ? :nono:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hughton's post match interview left little doubt that a loan is the only likely move and waiting for the loan window the most likely option.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are broke...a loan is our only realistic option.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are broke...a loan is our only realistic option.

i just can't believe we have done so little this window after what TB said at the start of the window

As has been said many times very disappointing but if as suggested we are skint what more can you expect. I have said it many times we put all our eggs into the Gus Bus which didnt make the correct journey as was expected.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Transfer Centre Live ‏@TransferCentreL 14m14 minutes ago
Wigan Athletic are close to signing Leeds United midfielder Rodolph Austin.

20:51
WIGAN AGREE FEE FOR AUSTIN
Wigan Athletic have agreed a £500,000 fee with Leeds United for midfielder Rodolph Austin, according to Sky sources.
The 29-year-old has played 22 times for Leeds this season, scoring twice, and played the full 90 minutes in their win over Huddersfield on Saturday.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Am i missing something!.!, So we can't buy players, and maybe better off financially at Withdean?.

How come we seem to be worse off now with 3-10 times the income!.
Surely our squad aren't high earners compared to other players in the championship.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Am i missing something!.!, So we can't buy players, and maybe better of financially at Withdean?.

Surely our aquad aren't high earners comapared to other players in the championship.

But at Withdean all we were paying for was the ground to the council and some ancillary costs, but at falmer we have huge overheads for the stadium etc. The accounts do show that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really feel that relying on a 93 day loan is too large a risk, with us being just 2 points above the relegation zone.

If we hadn't thrown away 8 points vs Blackpool and Millwall, then perhaps we could get away with it. Maybe.

But for Tony to risk all by relying on a 93 day loan signing is madness. Crazy madness.

I really do not accept the idea that we are skint. The 12 million received for Leo and Buckley tells me otherwise.

Convinced this is a bit of a smokescreen.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Am i missing something!.!, So we can't buy players, and maybe better of financially at Withdean?.

Surely our aquad aren't high earners comapared to other players in the championship.
Exorbitant running costs of the stadium, players wages much higher than Withdean, general wages astronomical compared to Withdean years I'd imagine, extra running costs due to training facilities.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I really feel that relying on a 93 day loan is too large a risk, with us being just 2 points above the relegation zone.

If we hadn't thrown away 8 points vs Blackpool and Millwall, then perhaps we could get away with it. Maybe.

But for Tony to risk all by relying on a 93 day loan signing is madness. Crazy madness.

I really do not accept the idea that we are skint. The 12 million received for Leo and Buckley tells me otherwise.

I'd love to think that was the case too, sadly I don't think it is and I anticipate 1, maybe 2 loan signings, certainly no money being spent.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Am i missing something!.!, So we can't buy players, and maybe better off financially at Withdean?.

Surely our squad aren't high earners compared to other players in the championship.

Shed loads of suits ???

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I hope you are right, but I can't see that big signing coming.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
i just can't believe we have done so little this window after what TB said at the start of the window
I thought TB's comments about spending in January applied to when Hyypia was still in charge, and obviously desperately needed some help - new signings to see if he could still make a go of it. Instead of changing the players, we have now gone down the route of changing the manager instead, and we have got one who appears to know what to do with the resources he has got, for the rest of this season at least.
A top quality ninety three (?) day loan might just be a great move.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
This transfer window has been so boring, not just for Brighton. Can anyone give me any exciting transfers that have happened this month to any teams?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here