The official "Dobbie to Palace" thread [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's hope his last minute goal against Peterborough ends up being the difference between a play off place and seventh. At Palace's expense.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I agree,same with Hoskins.Look how Spanish Dave started,very ordinary but has got better with a run in the team.Can't help thinking Dobbie is a good player and will probably come good for them.

If we had given Dobbie a 'run' in the team we would be fighting relegation now. For a football player to look so disinterested when he has played is a sign he never wanted to be here---just my opinion tho:thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Dobbie is costing us in the region of 1m a year. Letting him go to anyone is better business than having such a highly paid player as 5th choice striker.

Alloa, Barnes, CMS and Hoskins aren't going to let him near the starting 11.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From what I've seen of Mr.Dobbie in a Brighton shirt, I'd FAR rather Palace spent their £15k a week on him, than on someone GOOD.

I agree. Good player I'm sure but not for us. The fact he's top earner says panic buy to me and glad to get rid. Even if he's gd for them (u know they'll tell us he's class regardless) he's been shite for us and hasn't worked out..

Everyone was expecting a striker to go - and it had to be either Dobbie or Hoskins IMO. If it is a loan then you would expect us to put in a clause concerning the March game - if not then so be it. I expect us to be above them by then.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let's hope his last minute goal against Peterborough ends up being the difference between a play off place and seventh. At Palace's expense.

I remember u predicting this!!!! Would be soooo funny..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What? You don't want to ignorantly slate CMS to suit your agenda? How odd. Dobbie didn't work hard enough, can ANYONE disagree? CMS will be a real player if played with Ulloa.

Spot on. Workrate is endearing to fans. The difference in effort between CMS and Dobbie is laughable...

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Dobbie has undoubted class but Gus only wants team players not lazy bugger's who like to showboat. Should suit Palace perfectly :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
If it means we keep Hoskins, good. A far better player with a better attitude.

If Palace signed him from Swansea we wouldn't really be bothered and that has effectively what happened. Dobbie just had a 5 month break on the South Coast.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can believe this, question is would we be willing to shoot ourselves in the foot twice by selling a striker with potential to Palace?

Really hope not, if we sell Dobbie I'd rather he went ANYWHERE else

Just remember we didn't sell the cheating **** to palace.. he was a free agent. Don't let the palace fans bullshit which isn't technically true win through ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports