Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Dobbie to Palace" thread [merged]

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Sorry SJ, I can't quite do it in the same detached style as Freedman, and I quote: "I thought Crystal Palace played quite well against us. It was a strong Crystal Palace side......"

:)

And that's not my name , you cheeky love monkey !

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Isn't that in the league rules? Surely it would have to be, to prevent a conflict of interest.

I don't think so. The clubs involved usually agree to it.

There's all sorts of potential conflicts of interest in loan deals when they involve teams from the same division - if he scores against another of our rivals, for instance. I'm not sure that it should be allowed.

But if it means that Dobbie leaves, all well and good.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Here's a thought, if it's a loan, we will be paying a player (partly) to score goals for one of our play off rivals. But not just a play off rival,,f***ing Palace!!!!!!!...That does not sit to well, hope it's a permanent deal. It's not as if Palace haven't got the Zaha money. £400k and our top earner, what an awful last minute deal that was. Must go down as one of our worse deals in our history.

So Holloway is trying to turn Palace into Blackpool - what a surprise.

No doubt with the Zaha money he can put in a bid for that shite tower and stick it in the Sainsbury Car Park.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So, has Dobbie done Palace.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Here's a thought, if it's a loan, we will be paying a player (partly) to score goals for one of our play off rivals. But not just a play off rival,,f***ing Palace!!!!!!!...That does not sit to well, hope it's a permanent deal. It's not as if Palace haven't got the Zaha money. £400k and our top earner, what an awful last minute deal that was. Must go down as one of our worse deals in our history.

They (Palace) might be paying all of his wages.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So Holloway is trying to turn Palace into Blackpool - what a surprise.

No doubt with the Zaha money he can put in a bid for that shite tower and stick it in the Sainsbury Car Park.

He already has a few donkeys, so he's not far off.

Not if his injury time winner against Peterborough means the difference between play-offs or not.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
The only way he'll score in March is if The Crystals have an audition day.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If he does sign, it's on loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wonder if we get the option to recall him?

Not because we'd want to play him, just to piss them off if he actually starts to look half decent & scores goals :D

No recall possible on half season loans. I do wonder though if it will include any playoff matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here