MR: Betsy
MC: Adu
MC: Kallstrom
ML: Patterson
SC: Miller
SC: Zamora

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
OK I cheated a little bit and used a pre game editer to get falmer to 60000.
Won division 1 at the first attempt and signed Glen Johnsen for £4.3 mill using tv money.
Now in season 2008-2009 still in prem and in the champions league for the first time after finishing 4th. Currently 2nd in the prem after 30 games, 10 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand and still got to play them at home (so there is hope) and I'm in the champ league semi final.
Averrage attendence is poor but slowerly improving. First season at Falmer it was 22000 but now 27500.
The team:
GK: Marcelo, 21 year old Brazilian (similar qualty as Marcos)
RB:Glen Johnson
LB:Van den Boogaraart class Lb/ dml
CB: Dawson origanaly of Forest but got him of Liverpool.
CB:Lescott
RM:Rogers got him at beggining for £150000 compensation from Kidderminster or Rochdale
LM: Joe Cole
CM: Freddy Adu
CM: Hammond
ST: Cavenaghi (sp?) class Argy £15 mill.
ST: Morientes (sp?)

subs between
GK Milsosovic (Leeds)
Arca
Andy Conner RM small compensation payment to Roch/Kidd (see Rogers, get theese 2 at beggining)
Herzog cm germen wonderkid.
ST Kilicalson german but good
Hinshelwood tackling 20 class def
and several others you would never heard of

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
In my 4th season and totally addicted. Two mid-table finishes, then missed out on promotion by a point and lost in the play-offs. This year the fans and board expect me to win the league. Haven't used any tips or anything so far, so doing okay I think.

Gk - Rami Shabaan
LB - Mayo/Hinshelwood
CB - Danny Hay
CB - Ibrahim Sonko
RB - Alfie Haaland/Hinsh/new lad whose name I can't think of!
CM - Alan Quinn
CM - Paul Okon
CM - Gary Flitcroft
ACM - Brooker/Marney
CF - Sir Bob
CF - Ameobi/Radzinksi/Cureton

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Oh - forgot to mention - reached the League Cup Final in my first season, knocking out Arsenal on the way by being incredibly defensive.

Seems like ancient history.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
adam rundle - left winger from carlisle is quality! also, bring in tote on loan from real madrid to play up front with zamora. and u cnt go wrong with hurtado on a free

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Nothing to do with Champ Man 4 - but I started a new game on Champ Man 1999/2000 with the Albion last night. I'm notoriously bad at this game, so first of all, any hints would be appreciated, but secondly, I'll let you know how many games I manage before I get the traditional boot. It normally comes before Christmas.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cheshire Dolphin said:
Nothing to do with Champ Man 4 - but I started a new game on Champ Man 1999/2000 with the Albion last night. I'm notoriously bad at this game, so first of all, any hints would be appreciated, but secondly, I'll let you know how many games I manage before I get the traditional boot. It normally comes before Christmas.

Young swedish and portugese players my friend.

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
Re: Tactics

Jam The Man said:
Can ANYONE give me a clue as to decent tactics for Albion... can't seem to do well at all without cheating! The best so far is 4-121-2.. (diamond formation).. but even that's not great...

I'm using a 4-4-2. Depending on the opposition, I will use counter attacking - especially if away. I play offside and zonal marking. Occasionally the zonal marking meant I got caught on the break, but after a few games I decided to play offside as well and that limited the problem. Hard tackling on. Direct passing, normal mentality. Only changed the mentality if chasing a deficit or defending a slender lead. Closed down the opposition in own hald only.

The 2 wide midfielders are wingers encouraged to go forward and cross. Gary Hart good on the right, need to sign someone for the left. I picked up Stephen Hughes and Jordan Hall for free. When Hart got injured for a month, I took Diego Gavilan on loan from Newcastle.... very effective.

Up front, Kitson scored loads. Bobby just beat him for top scorer despite injury. Barrett sometimes played up there, sometimes in CM.

The 2 central midfielders were changed about a bit. Paul Rogers played a lot and was solid, but often had to have a game off through fatigue. As mentioned, Barrett was effective and John Piercy too. Occasionally, I threw in Stephen Hughes to work with Rogers or used Simon Rodger. Oatway and Carpenter had to stay in the reserves.

I signed Ben Chapman as left back, my only money spent and kept Watson for right back. Cullip and Blackwell were gods in the centre of defence. Virgo and Hinshelwood called on regularly to cover injuries, Hinshelwood mainly as RB or LB. Both fullbacks had to go forward and cross regularly.

How did I go? Exceeded my expectations! Finished 4th and lost the Division One playoff final.

Just about to start my second season tonight.....

Last edited:

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
trueblue said:
I haven't really got into CM before, but I like the new one a lot. Seems I am very much in the minority!

I must admit that to begin with, I wasn't too keen on it. However, having spent the last week playing it solidly, I am converted. EP5 really made all the difference. Plus, I've finally sussed out how to manage the training properly and I think that helps a lot.

However, CM03/04 will have the biggest remaining dislike from CM4 solved and I can't wait. They have got license to use the old sound files from CM01/02..... great news as the sounds in CM4 are not a patch on the older ones.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Help Me!!!....

I'm gonna give CM4 another go see if it will grow on me, wanna ask a few questions first...

Should i download the enhancement pack 5?

Should i download the pregame editor?

Should i download the latest data update?

What will i get out of it if i download all 3 of those?

Answers to these questions would be very nice!

:clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Are u sure? i cant do it til after 2pm so if aNYONE KNOWS OF ANY FAULTS WITH ANY OF THESE 3 DOWNLOADS PLEASE SAY NOW....

AND f*** OFF CAPS LOCK! :angry:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
From what i have heard EP5 makes it much better, the editor is always handy when the game gets really boring and you want the Albion to win the champions league and the data update will make it much better because players will be in their right places innit?

Now stop moaning and sort your life aaaaaaarrrrrrtttt

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ok well i just downloaded the pregame editor and it doesn't appear to have any players on it, anyone know why?

:dunce:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No ican't but its because i haven't downloaded it myself, i'm trying to help but if all you are going to do is insult me then i shan't bother next time.

Fadgeface.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here