Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Championship Manager 4 Thread

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Some like managment games. Some don't. I'm not gonna be dragged into a debate of the games merits. I like it. I lot of people like it. A quality game. Seagulls.

Has anyone tried 4-4-2 Touchline Passion from SCI Games and marketed in conjunction with 442 magazine?

I like the format but my mate tells me ChampMan is THE game. He gave me his ChampMan 3 when he bought the new one, but I haven't tried it yet.

Or is CM3 and 442 all a bit retro now?

:cheers:

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
CM 01/02 is excellent, believe me. Got the Albion into the Premiership, and last year we won the League Cup, so playing in Europe next season!

:D :clap: :D

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the best formation...................

gk

cb cb

dmc

mc mc mc

amc

fw fw fw

i know it sounds tupid, but it took stevenage from the bottom of conference into the first division in 6 seasons!

as long as you have the right players, like a bloody good dmc and 2 good defenders, you should be alright!

Different tactics work best for different teams and people. I'd say always play a good DMC with which to launch counter attacks though. I always use the "Gung ho" mentality as well, although I've got a bit of a World XI for a team so if you try this as a shit side you'll get a pasting.

BTW if you haven't already, sign Tomi Petrescu. Starts the game as an unknown youth teamer, in my game he's now the hottest striker in the world and scoring like 90 goals a season!

Also get Lewis Buxton and Matt Heath, two excellent young centre backs who develop into superstars also.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
CM SORTED UPDATE PATCH
UNOFFICIAL UPDATE

----------------------------------------------------------------
1. Major Transfers in this version - Last Updated: 28 July 2003

Latest Transfers, Loans and retirements Including: -
Damien Duff - Chelsea, David Beckham - Real Madrid, Ronaldinho - Barcelona,
Harry Kewll - Liverpool, Zamora - Spurs, Postiga - spurs, Tim Howard - Man utd,
Jens Lehman - Arsenal, Jody Morris - Leeds, Andy van der Meyde - Inter Milan & Tons More!
Major alterations to the top European Premierships.

* Dave Higgins & Christopher Jensen's CM Sorted Data Update.
* Updated Tons of Player's Playing positions.
* Based on the newest CM4 Official patch - Ep5
- NB - FURTHER UPDATED SI'S DATA - RELEASED WITH PATCH
* Updated the Danish Leagues, Thanks to Stoffer
Updated the Swedish League, Thanks to Edvard Godin
* Retirement of some danish players are added.
* Perfected English Leagues
- English Premier League Suberbly accurate and up to date.
* - Added new staff into the CM database
* Managerial appointments & sackings to date.
* Released, where aplicable, players from their clubs, expired contacts e.t.c.
* Expired Loans and Injuries deleted - new loans & injuries added.
* Lots of players statistics and atributes accurately changed.
* Some International Players caps/goals ammended.
* Retired players & staff who have quit the game.
- Some players removed form the database incl. deceased Marc Vivien Foe R.I.P.
* Players - Non-Playing/Playing roles changed.
* Some kit colours changed.
* Stadium capacities changed and tweaked to the nearest seat.
* Some club's reputation altered as near to real life.
* Realistic Premiership club finance - e.g Chelsea
* Some first names, second names and common names changed.
* Changed many more player's playing positions - CM to RCM e.t.c.

3. Instalation
--------------

CMSORTED CM4-update (Winrar Installation) -
YOU MUST HAVE A VERSION OF WINRAR! - DOWNLOAD IT FROM (http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar320.exe)
NB! Try www.rarlab.com for latest version.

* To install the update, simply extract the files in the .rar file to the data directory in your CM4 directory ....
- Procedure: Open up the rar file, highlight ALL the files within the zip then click extract. Where it says "extract to" paste the following: C:\Programmer\Eidos Interactive\CM4\data (may vary depending on where your CM4 is installed on your computer)
- then click yes to all.
* You can only copy and paste the above folder address if you have saved the game to that location. If you've saved it elsewhere modify the above address where applicable. (e.g. You may have a (H:/) drive instead of the (C:/) drive)
* IMPORANT NOTICE: If you wish to keep your old database, you MUST BACKUP your original files! - copy them into a new folder before running our .rar!
- When asked to overwrite existing files, click "ok".
* YOU WILL NEED TO START A NEW GAME TO SEE THE CHANGES, NOT A QUICKSTART GAME!
* IMPORTANT: - The update should work after you've extracted the files into the right data folder But if it doesn't try opening up the Championship Manager 4 Editor (www.nygreen.net). Load up the data from within the editor then click save. Once the database has been saved exit the editor and start the game as normal - This can in some cases prevent game crashes.
! DO NOT ! - START A QUICK-START GAME AS THE IMPLEMENTED CHANGES BY CMSORTED WILL NOT BE IN EFFECT - YOU MUST START A FULL NEW GAME.

Go here: http://thedugout.net/download.php?cmv=9&cat=3

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
News for CM fans

Eidos and Sports Interactive have parted. After the 03/04 version Championship Manager won't be the same. Eidos own the name. Sports Interactive, who make the game will have to get a new publisher and a new name.

So don't buy Championship Manager after the 03/04 version!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
that is bad news, Eidos are bound to rip it apart. CM4 with EP#5 is alot better but the bugs are still there and the AI is still abit dodgy at times. Hopefully 03/04 will be great and then we'll see what happens after that.
Of course the huge fanbase does give CM (all versions) the great advantage of Update packs, so playing version CM3 01/02 with this seasons details is as easy as downloading a file and installing it!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The main problem is, everyone will buy CM. Thinking it's good.

I think they split because Eidos put so much pressure on them to release the game when it wasn't ready. Fastest selling game :(

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah they wanted it out before the end of the season, in reality it should've been released around EP#4 timeframe what with the bug count and everything. Shame theres no more updates 'til 03/04.

Currently playing with Salamanca in Div 2 of the Spanish league, 15 games played and won 11 of em!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yes although a lot of people will probably buy the new Championship Manager not realising different people have made the game.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I haven't really got into CM before, but I like the new one a lot. Seems I am very much in the minority!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
trueblue said:
I haven't really got into CM before, but I like the new one a lot. Seems I am very much in the minority!

There are some very good features and it looks good but there is something missing from it i fell, seems to lack a bit of that can't put it down factor.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
its quality! when it doesnt crash after a winning run to take you top of divison one:censored: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here