Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Championship Manager 4 Thread

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
Trigger said:
Help Me!!!....

I'm gonna give CM4 another go see if it will grow on me, wanna ask a few questions first...

Should i download the enhancement pack 5?

Should i download the pregame editor?

Should i download the latest data update?

What will i get out of it if i download all 3 of those?

Answers to these questions would be very nice!

:clap:

Enhancement pack 5?
Definitely, no question. Fixes various bugs, including the crippling injury bug. On EP4, I had 10 of my starting 11 seriously crocked by the end of August. Plus most of their backups!

Pregame Editor?
Never bother with them. The temptation to cheat must be too much and is there any other real use for them? Probably yes, if you only want to bring the game up to date with transfers.

Latest data update?
EP5 does not include data update, so you should download and install EP4 with data first. That will only bring you up to date to 2002/03 though. If you want 2003/04, I believe there are unofficial updates out there but I've never used them so can't really comment.

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Get the most recent data update off the sigames.com site.

It's got all the transfers up to the transfer window on September the first and makes life easier as Brighton manager as you're in division 2(which I won at a canter and then got promoted from div 2 the following season).

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
SiNZ said:
Enhancement pack 5?
Definitely, no question. Fixes various bugs, including the crippling injury bug. On EP4, I had 10 of my starting 11 seriously crocked by the end of August. Plus most of their backups!

Correction:
EP4 fixed the injury bug. EP5 fixed the morale bug, where all opponents had permanently low morale and your team could beat most teams anytime. I never got round to playing with EP4, but it apparently made the game really really easy (according to the SI forums). So unless you enjoy a false victory, definitely go to the latest EP. Plus of course it fixed outstanding minor bugs.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Eggman said:
Does anyone else find CM4 extremely easy! Won Div 3 with York by about 25 points, with the aid of Neil Mellor and Richie Partridge on loan from Liverpool, then find div 2 as easy. Get Bolton job who are stuggeling in Div 1, buy a couple of players and load of all people Graham Barrett and am hammering teams. It doesnt seem much of a challenge

In my first season got Brighton to the final of the League cup and promotion to the Premiership. Even had David Lee running up the wing.

Played 4-4-2 with a gung a hoo attitude can win games 5, 6, 7 - nil but can have the reverse effect.

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
Seagulls over Lewes said:
In my first season got Brighton to the final of the League cup and promotion to the Premiership. Even had David Lee running up the wing.

Played 4-4-2 with a gung a hoo attitude can win games 5, 6, 7 - nil but can have the reverse effect.

Was that on EP4?

Apparently, EP5 is smarter and Gung Ho tactics become a real risk that punish you more than reward you..... but I haven't Gung Hoed myself!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
u need to download an extension to that file u got from Kazaa. It wont work otherise Chesire.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Hi, Safeway here.

It's working fine. I've just beaten Tranmere 2-1 in pre-season, with Guy Butters getting both Albion goals.

Cheshire did all the downloading but I'm pretty sure he got some crack file or something.

I'm addicted!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've been playing it quite a bit recently. Here's my latest 'stuff'.

Brighton's reputation is now 'Continental' after I took them to the UEFA Cup quater finals. Falmer @ 15,000 capacity is sold out every week and the board have agreed to expand the stadium. I've got a new top facilities for training and a good youth academy.

Survived my first season in Division 1. Promoted via the playoffs the following the season. 6th, 7th, 6th in my first 3 years in the Premiership. Now into my 6th season as manager and looking good. Conceeded just 3 goals from the first 8 games, all of which were conceeded at Highbury on the opening day. So 7 clean sheets in a row. :drink:

In 2006/07 I won the Inter Toto Cup.

Current Line up.

GK: Matteo Sereni - 100k buy from Ipswich in the summer of 2004.
DR: Paul Wotton - A 500k buy from Plymouth in the January transfer window last season. An average ratting of 7.75 from the first 12 games this year.
DC: Philippe Mexes - Following two loan spells at the club (04/05, 06) I finally signed him for £6.25 Million.
DC: Lewis Buxton - 23 year old from Portsmouth who cost £3 Million. An average rating of 7.41 over 52 games last season says it all.
DL: Fernado Derveld - £1.5 Million buy from Bordeaux. Good, consistant full back.
MR: Stephen Cosgrove - £3 Million buy this summer from Villa.
MC: Aliou Cisse - £3 Million buy from Marseille to replace Kim Kallstrom who left for Inter when his release cause was matched. Team Captain and a rock in midfield.
MC: Tiago - Portugese international who was this summers big buy. £9.75 Million from Benfica for the creative midfielder.
ML: Lee Paterson - 21 year old who's in his 4th year of regular Premiership football with the club. Signed on a free from Lincoln in 2004.
SC: Tomi Petrescu. £2 Million at the time was a lot of money but now a bargain buy from Leicester. 36 goals for the club over the last 2 years and has won a lot of awards. 7.75 average rating for both 05/06 and 06/07 season and off to a flyer already this year.
SC: Bobby Zamora - Now longest ever servent to the club. Fans player of the year for the last 5 years. 226 Brighton goals in 315 games.

The bench includes american wonder kid Freddy Adu, strikers Lee Miller, Richard Cresswell, Henrik Larsson and Joao Paiva. Ibrahim Said a defensive rock.

The club now has high expectations. Come on Turkey! :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Championship Manager 03/04 out 21st November don't know if this has already been posted.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Just got EP5 and it has made such a difference to the speed on my PC it's barely the same game! Top marks to the programmers - it used to take an age prior to running the little highlights during matches, now it's down to just a couple of a seconds. :clap:

Great stuff!

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff Vs Brighton. League Cup Final. Come on you Seagulls. We want a trophy! :clap2:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Turkey drop the 4-4-2 and you might find you'll do a lot better.

I play 3-5-2 with a defensive midfielder and attacking wingbacks.

Buy players that are fast and have good dribbling. Fabio Paim, Serge Makofo and the magnificent Pablo Nino.

I've won the domestic treble and the prem/champions league double.

And I can't believe you've got Ibrahim Said on the bench, he's just about the best defender in the game!

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I won the league cup. Then lost 3 league on the bounce. Droped to 9th. Gpt sacked. Got offered the Newcastle job. They're 5th, 4th if I win the game in hand.

I've tried other formations but only 4-4-2 ever seems to work for me! :glare:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The thing that annoys me about 4-4-2 is that the fullbacks always get shit marks. I can pretty much guarantee that if you check out your average ratings your full backs are the lowest of the lot. I use attacking midfield players in the "wingback positions" in a 3-5-2 and they regularly get my highest average ratings. This game is all about the individual instructions though rather than the formation. Get 3 good defenders (you already have Mexes and Said!), a brilliant DMC (most important), the rest of the team fast attacking players with good dribbling and set them to gung- ho and run with ball.

I recently restarted my game cos I had too many leagues running and using the above tactics had a rather impressive first season in div 2. Namely winning the league with only 3 losses, 114 points and about 130+ goal difference. I also won the vans trophy and won the league cup, knocking out Blackburn, Villa, Man U on the way to the final against Liverpool, who in this season won the Prem, Uefa cup and got to the final of the FA. I thrashed them 3-0.

Although I did get knocked out of the FA cup in the first round by Southend!

Go figure.

:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here