The Official 98th Tour de France, thread, 2011.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I normally wait until after I have recce'd the stage via my own bike ride, but for you 1066, why not.

Seriously lumpy tomorrow, nothing big but constantly up and down all day.

tdf2011_6sp_600.jpg

I believe the roads are narrow again like today so could be a few crashes too. The finish is slightly uphill again so expect a similar finish to today, I think Gilbert is favourite, but Hushovd will be involved again, as will Cav after today he will feel he can win on anything. Dark horse call for Boassan Hagen.

Also there will be someone new in the Polka dot jersey, so expect one of the dark horses for that jersey to try and get in the breakaway. Someone like Voeckler or Gadret, definitely someone from the minor french teams anyway. Wish I had thought of this idea sooner, I have just taken Gadret out of my fantasy team.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks Pantani. So no surprises tomorrow then, just another sprint finish. Oh well, will still be exciting nonetheless.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I suppose my 3.4 mile ride to work doesn't quite count as a recce ? :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Early breakaway that goes the distance. Sylvain Chavanel to take it by about 3 seconds from the GC contenders.

That's the spirit :)

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Cheers lads for the original Tour music..up there with the Kraftwerk Tour de France stuff as the greatest cycling music ever imo

Back with the ITV coverage, as said in an earlier post, from tomorrow..will be like re-uniting with old friends :)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Early breakaway that goes the distance. Sylvain Chavanel to take it by about 3 seconds from the GC contenders.

Ooh Chavanel, good call. The break won't stay clear though, but Chavanel for le maillot à pois rouges.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
try as i might... i just can't warm to cavendish. he's just so stroppy, chip on his shoulder the whole time even when he wins! awesome sprint today though. the man is a master.

i fancy tyler ferrar tomorrow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Finally got that youtube problem solved. To celebrate and to go back to the old skool theme of those vids, here's my self indulgent pics of the skins I had done for my new secondhand mobile phone. It's my very own old photo of Johan Museeuw in the Maillot Jaune coming up Elm Grove. :)

My N8 TdF JM skin 001.JPGMy N8 TdF JM skin 002.JPG

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
oopps, came out a bit on the large side :blush:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Nice, though, all you need to do now is get the old school TdF theme as a ring tone and you are the retro cycling master. Love those old school helmets too, admittedly they weren't much cop when it came to saving your head, but they look cool.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nice, though, all you need to do now is get the old school TdF theme as a ring tone and you are the retro cycling master. Love those old school helmets too, admittedly they weren't much cop when it came to saving your head, but they look cool.

Then I could be the original -all the gear, no idea.....armchair glory hunting...........oh, what the heck, where's my youtube downloading app ? ringtone set by the morning I reckon :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
By the way, I'm sure they must have allowed just enough air through for super Mario to call off the strike and agree to wear them.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Nah, Cipo just would have accepted the fine for not wearing the right gear. Like when he wore this:

cipollini2ui2.jpg

or this:

mario-cipollini-specialized-zebra-skinsuit.jpg

or this:

cipollini+tt.jpg

or even this:

50814662-480-90-480-70.jpg

He was truly proper hatstand Super Mario.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Quality pics Pantani :bowdown:

Loved to have seen him go head to head with Cav.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Me too, the Saeco train v the HTC train would be pretty spectacular.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Me too, the Saeco train v the HTC train would be pretty spectacular.

Wouldn't it just ! Fisty cuffs at some point probably couldn't be ruled out :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports