Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** The official 2015 Holiday Thread *****

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nice one for the heads up on Puy Du Fou, looks amazing. The nipper is well into history so it'd be right up his street.

I love France. Been countless times for climbing trips when I was younger and a few times with the family in recent years.

The French are maligned for arrogance, hating the English, not being friendly etc but it's basically bollocks. There are unfriendly, arrogant racist twats in every country, especially here. I've met plenty of wankers in France but I've also met loads of really lovely people.

Anyway, holidays for us this year are Tenerife for 9 days next month (can't bloody wait as I'm in tax return hell at the moment) and 2 weeks in Bulgaria in August.

Both places we've been to before which is a first. They were both superb so the Mrs broke her rule of never going back to the same hotel/resort/country for them. Which takes the stress of "have I booked somewhere crap despite the research?" out of the equation.

Plus we already know where the bars that show football and cricket are so me and the 8 yr old are sorted.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Just booked Cirali in Turkey - Went to Dalyan two years ago, and my two (8+7 yo) boys wanted to go back there again; hopefully a similar,generally relaxed vibe, with lots of boat and site seeing trips.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
18 days in Jamaica, my son is getting married out there in August.............on that note has anyone been there? whats it like etc? any 1st hand info most grateful, we don't actually know anyone whos been there.

Quite simply an amazing place! Not many places have touched my heart like Jamaica.
We stayed in the Montego bay area in a lovely resort.
You defiantly need to get out on a trip or two to see the real Jamaica. We went to Dunns River Falls (as everyone does) and a trip up into the mountains to a coffee and pineapple plantation (random I know, but some of the best coffee I’ve ever had).
To see Rasta type men sitting on their balconies of their little shacks playing dominos and drinking either cans of red stripe or rum listening to their Ragga is quite something. And very friendly with it, we got chatting to a number of people in the smaller villages out of the main towns and the was quite surprised at just how hospitable and accommodating these people really were.
We got to know a couple of the barmen in the resort quite well and was surprised to hear that people working in the hotels over there much prefer to chat and socialize with the Brits over the Yanks as they find them simply brash and rude! Apparently the Brits have manners??
Anyway it’s all about the 3 ‘R’s over there RUM, REGGAE and RED STRIPE.
You will love it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Canada for 10 days this Friday :O

Long weekend in Berlin in March

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Quite simply an amazing place! Not many places have touched my heart like Jamaica.
We stayed in the Montego bay area in a lovely resort.
You defiantly need to get out on a trip or two to see the real Jamaica. We went to Dunns River Falls (as everyone does) and a trip up into the mountains to a coffee and pineapple plantation (random I know, but some of the best coffee I’ve ever had).
To see Rasta type men sitting on their balconies of their little shacks playing dominos and drinking either cans of red stripe or rum listening to their Ragga is quite something. And very friendly with it, we got chatting to a number of people in the smaller villages out of the main towns and the was quite surprised at just how hospitable and accommodating these people really were.
We got to know a couple of the barmen in the resort quite well and was surprised to hear that people working in the hotels over there much prefer to chat and socialize with the Brits over the Yanks as they find them simply brash and rude! Apparently the Brits have manners??
Anyway it’s all about the 3 ‘R’s over there RUM, REGGAE and RED STRIPE.
You will love it.

Thanks, really appreciate a first hand view on the place, we are staying in Runnaway bay area, and I have just been informed we are doing the Dunns River Falls and the mountains (I have had no input into the organisation of this, its been my wife and son! however apparently I do have a use..... I'm paying!!) after seeing your report I'm more than ever looking forward to this, again Thank you :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A lot of glamorous places everyone seems to be going too.

I'm off to North Yorkshire Dales in three weeks ..spilling over to Cumbria/Northumberland and possibly Edinburgh

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Thanks, really appreciate a first hand view on the place, we are staying in Runnaway bay area, and I have just been informed we are doing the Dunns River Falls and the mountains (I have had no input into the organisation of this, its been my wife and son! however apparently I do have a use..... I'm paying!!) after seeing your report I'm more than ever looking forward to this, again Thank you :thumbsup:

No probs, I'm actually very envious!
I would do anything to go back there at the moment.
Just go with an open mind and ignore the nonsense about muggings/murder etc... Every single place on earth has its problems.
Ohh you have to (and I'm sure you will) try the traditional jerk food, we were luckily enough (by coincidence)to be there for the annual jerk festival and it made the likes of Nottinghill look tame!
They bring a whole new meaning to laid back over there

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
No probs, I'm actually very envious!
I would do anything to go back there at the moment.
Just go with an open mind and ignore the nonsense about muggings/murder etc... Every single place on earth has its problems.
Ohh you have to (and I'm sure you will) try the traditional jerk food, we were luckily enough (by coincidence)to be there for the annual jerk festival and it made the likes of Nottinghill look tame!
They bring a whole new meaning to laid back over there

Again, Thank You, thankfully we do tend to make our own mind up but its so reassuring to hear your love of the place, its a few months yet, but I will be sure to let you klnow how it all went, thanks :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here