Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** The official 2015 Holiday Thread *****

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
vis island off of Croatia for 2 and a half weeks in august. looking forward to that
maybe Disneyland paris (sisters wedding gift to us) pretty soon .
1st anniversary in march so will probably do a long weekend somewhere . thinking amalfi coast , rejkjavic , venice bruges or something like that

Vendee, France 12th consecutive year, all but one within around 15km of where we first stayed. Fortunately we do like it there a lot. Hoping to do the Ciniscene show at Puy Du Fou this year, have been to the park on several occassions (highly recommended) but never to the big show.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I continue to be weak willed and opt for holidays over a proper commitment to save!

2 stags both abroad, Ibiza and krakow so far and it's only mid jan!

Why save money when you have the chance to go away. I love BOTH those places too. Sod the saving and enjoy matey.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Vendee, France 12th consecutive year, all but one within around 15km of where we first stayed. Fortunately we do like it there a lot. Hoping to do the Ciniscene show at Puy Du Fou this year, have been to the park on several occassions (highly recommended) but never to the big show.
Will have to swallow my pride and go to the place you mentioned in the near future. It looks fantastic and right up my street, It's just i don't like French people.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
A week in St Andrews watching The Open Championship, staying very close to the course and really can't wait. Hope the weather is kinder than the 2010 Open up there.

Might go away in the autumn to somewhere warm if the pennies allow it.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
West Bay Hotel in Newquay, Cornwall in August for a week. Hopefully North Wales too just for a weekend.

Last edited:

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Northern Italy in July, plus two weekends in Barcelona and Berlin, both watching football

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Off to Cape Town on Wednesday evening for a couple of weeks then Krakow in early May, anything more really depends on what my routine CT/MRI scans are showing. Too much garden to look after to be away much during the summer and Sussex look to have a decent squad. Might be talked into some grape/fig/olive picking for my sister in law in Extremadura in the autumn but hopefully she'll forget to ask. Costa Rica looks interesting, anyone been? Quite fancy a Star Clipper cruise again, particularly if I have some chemo to get over, otherwise it'll be more distant awaydays with the Albion or maybe some work if I'm really pushed.

Re- Costa Rica, went last year (to the papagayo regeion) and it was great!
We went end of April and the heat was very intense!
Great people, great wildlife would defiantly recommend it.
The only slightly annoying thing was that we couldn't get direct flights, had to fly via huston with United (which is never a great experience)
Any questions just shout

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Renting a nice house with a pool in the languedoc-Rousillon, near Beziers for a couple of weeks late June early July.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Will have to swallow my pride and go to the place you mentioned in the near future. It looks fantastic and right up my street, It's just i don't like French people.
Its a myth, I have had maybe 20 visits to France, love the place, and the French have always treated us well, always.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Don't know yet. I tend to booked my holiday spur of the moment. I've done that the last couple of years been the best holidays. Can't be doing with all that planning nonsense.
You should see the wifes' face when I tell her we are going on a holiday in a couple of days. Ever seen a headless chicken running around?!

The natives are friendly there we find, no better or worse the majority in the UK or probably the world over. Puy Du Fou will blow your mind, a theme park without rides if you discount the roundabout in the main square.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Cape Verdi in March. Been looking at place to go later in the year (maybe Cuba or Thailand) but can't decide.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
St Lucia in March for 10 days, Vejer de la Frontera in June for 3 weeks and for 4 weeks in September..... should just about do it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
First time in years Vegas hasn't been in the annual itinerary ... but we're taking 4 kids and other halves/mates to Nice for a very long weekend to celebrate a big 60 so need to reign back

Before that a boozy week in Tenerife and a little more laid back week in Sardinia

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here