Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** The official 2015 Holiday Thread *****

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A couple of times Edinburgh to see our youngest who now lives there
Week at Easter to teneriffe Costa Adeji..
Two weeks cruise barcelona to Venice taking in the greek Islands too on holland america line!
The rest of my holidays try and play as much golf and a couple of society days.

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
Vinkovci in Croatia for a week at Easter.
25 of us going to help look for a Roman battlefield and maybe a beer or 2 !!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
A couple of weeks in Playa Blanca Lanzarote as usual in the summer plus a possible week in Sharm over Easter. Considering New York for Christmas.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Why save money when you have the chance to go away. I love BOTH those places too. Sod the saving and enjoy matey.
Well I've taken that exact attitude and it's meant I haven't put away enough, see your point though!

Haven't been to krakow but heard great things and it will be my 5th Ibiza trip, don't think
I'll ever be able to say no to that place!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Vendee, France 12th consecutive year, all but one within around 15km of where we first stayed. Fortunately we do like it there a lot. Hoping to do the Ciniscene show at Puy Du Fou this year, have been to the park on several occassions (highly recommended) but never to the big show.

It's brilliant, perhaps a bit long if you've got young kids (make sure you get a headset if so), but still well worth a visit. It's a couple of years since I last went to the park, but been several times.

It's a cracking place for the summer the Vendee, we've just sold our place out there so have spent many weeks out there the past few years. Good beaches too.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Vegas booked in July, krakow in November too.

Looking to also go to Canary Islands, and dubai.

Have 12 days holiday accrued till now so plenty to use up!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
18 days in Jamaica, my son is getting married out there in August.............on that note has anyone been there? whats it like etc? any 1st hand info most grateful, we don't actually know anyone whos been there.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Those flight prices are expensive especially for Oct. Look at Monarch or Easyjet. Keep a close lookout for price drops. I paid £287 for two people with 20kgs of luggage each with Monarch. Flying out on June 23rd.
Holiday insurance i strongly recommend. Atlas direct is cheap as chips. They also pay up without hassle as i should know. I spent 3 days in a Turkish hospital. Don't change up any money here. Where are you going.?

Cheers - yes, those two look like the best airlines. I'm going to keep an eye on the prices and hope they might dip a bit after a January rush.

We're going to a place on the coast near Marmaris. Went to Turkey a few years ago at this time and loved it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wow - there are some exotic destinations on here.

Us? We shall be holidaying in Dorset :hilton::moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
18 days in Jamaica, my son is getting married out there in August.............on that note has anyone been there? whats it like etc? any 1st hand info most grateful, we don't actually know anyone whos been there.

Sister in law and her husband went couple of years ago. They enjoyed it but a lot of curfews and out of bounds areas due to the exceptionally high rate of crime. They had their room broken into but the culprit was found and according to the local police will spend about 18 months in custody awaiting trial. They take great exception to tourists being robbed as that is the islands livelehood.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Sister in law and her husband went couple of years ago. They enjoyed it but a lot of curfews and out of bounds areas due to the exceptionally high rate of crime. They had their room broken into but the culprit was found and according to the local police will spend about 18 months in custody awaiting trial. They take great exception to tourists being robbed as that is the islands livelehood.

Yes, we have read a bit about the crime rate, by all accounts its got a lot better because of the reasons you state, and apparently it's very stupid to enter the Out of bounds areas! the complex we are on has absolutely everything and its all to a very high standard, must admit we are looking forward to it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, we have read a bit about the crime rate, by all accounts its got a lot better because of the reasons you state, and apparently it's very stupid to enter the Out of bounds areas! the complex we are on has absolutely everything and its all to a very high standard, must admit we are looking forward to it.
They did the same stayed in the complex and had a great time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here