Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official, 103rd Tour de France, thread

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Motorbike brakes in front of Porte / Froome and Mollema, Porte goes into the back of the motorbike, Froome and Mollema go over Porte. Froome ended up running up the mountain without a bike! Wow. What will they do....

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Not sure how they will sort this out, or if they will.

I guess the only thing they could do is give Froome and Porte the same time as Mollema, but then those behind were slowed so that wouldn't be fair?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So if the crowd block the road and stop the bikes, there'll be problems. Blimey, who knew :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Porte must be wondering when his luck might change...

Porte has come out of this OK.

Could Quintana benefit out of all of this if they neutralise the race at the point of the crash. Would he get the same time as Froome et al?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
They will have to neutralise that last few kms.

Like they did with Yates who lost time when the arch fell on his head.

I doubt they will have all the times, last time it was the times at 3 km that were used, don't think they can do that this time?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
This race is becoming a joke if the authorities don't stop motorbikes, spectators and inflatables interfering and impeding the cyclists. The organisers need to get a grip!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Madness
3 rides looking to gain time on rivals is stopped seemly by a bunch of nutters getting in the way. Froome looks to have gone from being 54 seconds in front of Mollema and being over a minute clear of Quintana and Yates to being over a minute down on the YJ. Even if they neutralise it they would lose the time they were clearly going to gain. Joaquin Rodriqiez has just gone and said the tour is basically a joke this year

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Boardman suggesting they could give Froome and Porte Mollema's time. Would seem as simple a way as sorting that out as any.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
They have to neutralise it or Froome is in deep crap for moving up the course without his bike.

If they are going to start making up rules one of them will not be penalising Froome for that, even if it is technically not allowed.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
More footage emerging of Froome's attack...

giphy.gif

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Could Quintana benefit out of all of this if they neutralise the race at the point of the crash. Would he get the same time as Froome et al?
If they leave it as it is, he's done a lot better than that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chris says he's still in yellow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here