Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Went to Steyning v Eastbourne United today - good game, two fairly evenly matched sides with a 1-0 away win for United

7EB9FB6D-9F5A-4EFE-9EDE-B0958166AE1C_1_201_a.jpeg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I will agree with what you have said here, the Cray defence did a good job blocking many shots, especially in the first half. I did think both sides wasted chances, 2 shots by Cray, one in each half went out of the ground.
The sprinkler coming on in the second half was quite amusing, especially when the Cray player decided to try and push it down and soaked himself and another player :lolol:

Is there a problem with the floodlights? The middle of the pitch and especially in front of the dug outs looked very dark.
Seems to be an issue with the earlier kick offs. I know some cricket floodlights take a while to properly function, maybe these are the same

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
I will agree with what you have said here, the Cray defence did a good job blocking many shots, especially in the first half. I did think both sides wasted chances, 2 shots by Cray, one in each half went out of the ground.
The sprinkler coming on in the second half was quite amusing, especially when the Cray player decided to try and push it down and soaked himself and another player :lolol:

Is there a problem with the floodlights? The middle of the pitch and especially in front of the dug outs looked very dark.
From the Lewes FC forum.
"The bulbs are hard to source, fragile and expensive - we’ve got two out at the moment and because they are in adjacent towers it exacerbates the issue. We can’t move a bulb from somewhere else as they are so fragile nor can we afford to stock spares because of the high cost. I believe they (the bulbs) are due to be replaced before Saturday"

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
From the Lewes FC forum.
"The bulbs are hard to source, fragile and expensive - we’ve got two out at the moment and because they are in adjacent towers it exacerbates the issue. We can’t move a bulb from somewhere else as they are so fragile nor can we afford to stock spares because of the high cost. I believe they (the bulbs) are due to be replaced before Saturday"
Thanks.
I thought I was having problems with my eyes yesterday, but my son mentioned the floodlights to me and we thought there must be an issue.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Strange one. Lewes have a lot of teams. I wonder how many is too many.
I'm not sure I understand? We've got a men's and an U18s. We've a lot of injuries, and have a small squad, was a suggestion of using some U18s but they also have a game tonight

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'm not sure I understand? We've got a men's and an U18s. We've a lot of injuries, and have a small squad, was a suggestion of using some U18s but they also have a game tonight

There are rules where a fixture can't be fulfilled. I assume Lewes have made a footballing decision not to run U23s. And the first team should take precedence over U18s. I don't suppose it happens a lot - which is why I wonder how many injuries is too many.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
There are rules where a fixture can't be fulfilled. I assume Lewes have made a footballing decision not to run U23s. And the first team should take precedence over U18s. I don't suppose it happens a lot - which is why I wonder how many injuries is too many.

But that would be too few surely?
Can't rearrange U18s apparently. A lot of their U18s play for other clubs and they were short already. We have had injuries all season and lost two more on Saturday. Sussex FA could have demanded they play or kicked them out if they'd wanted

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
If you see someone with a Where’s Wally wooly hat come and say hello!
I didn’t see the post, I would’ve said hello if I’d seen, strangely without realising until afterwards that was my 200th game of 2022 tonight, in reality Horsham didn’t need to get out of first gear, but felt 3-0 at HT was harsh with a great chances to equalise, Steyning looked decent at times though, so they’ll be there or there abouts end of the season. Great to see former Brighton players score with Fenelon as well.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I didn’t see the post, I would’ve said hello if I’d seen, strangely without realising until afterwards that was my 200th game of 2022 tonight, in reality Horsham didn’t need to get out of first gear, but felt 3-0 at HT was harsh with a great chances to equalise, Steyning looked decent at times though, so they’ll be there or there abouts end of the season. Great to see former Brighton players score with Fenelon as well.
Respect. 200 games in the calendar year is amazing. It’s always interesting when you see teams from a couple of divisions above. Going up the ladder players are stronger, faster, pass the ball quicker with fewer touches, are better drilled and with players that can take their chances. Horsham had all that. That said Steyning played a similar game and created some chances but this evening the league does not lie. Good club Hosham. With good support. I hope they all enjoyed themselves and will come back.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Good match at Peacehaven last night v Chichester, home team won on penalties. Hope to see a few more matches at this level over the next few weeks if no clashes with any decent World Cup games.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Good local derby at the Pan. Lewes race into a two goal lead after 8 minutes(another great strike from Razz) Bognor pull one back. Lewes have more of the rest of the game but finishes 2-2 after what Appeared a non existent foul gives Bognor a pen. Bognor win the shout-out as Nelson manages to have his penalty saved twice

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Really entertaining match at The Sportsfield this afternoon, Littlehampton running out deserved 2-0 winners against top of the table Ramsgate. Haven't seen as much of LA as I did last season, they are a much changed side, but they were very impressive today in a game which most would have had them down to lose. Slightly disappointing crowd of 263, but those who made the effort were rewarded with a Joe Benn piledriver and a rare Dion Jarvis right-footed finish. Forgotten how much I enjoy the non-league game, much more honest and free from the blight of VAR / 'game-management'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here