[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Not quite non league football but if you’re up that way, the Dons are at home to Hibs Friday night. The SPL are trialling Friday and Saturday evening football.
Yep got a ticket £22 ,the stand i'm in is sold out. Had Cove v Queens Park penciled in ,they have now moved that to Friday .Looked at Montrose or Highland league Saturday ,there's plenty on but Train strikes .

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Lewes v Aveley tonight...cataclysmic rain, ridiculous wind...not the ideal conditions for a good game of football.

It finished 1-1. Aveley scored early on - a good break down the right, excellent cross and good finish at the near post.

After that, only Lewes played football. Aveley were a horrible team, offered nothing but chiselling fouls and long balls into channels, but the weather made it difficult for Lewes to break them down. Eventually they gave away a penalty and Joe Taylor put it away.

Tropical Bongo and good company made it an excellent evening. Crowd was only 352, understandable given the conditions.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Lewes v Aveley tonight...cataclysmic rain, ridiculous wind...not the ideal conditions for a good game of football.

It finished 1-1. Aveley scored early on - a good break down the right, excellent cross and good finish at the near post.

After that, only Lewes played football. Aveley were a horrible team, offered nothing but chiselling fouls and long balls into channels, but the weather made it difficult for Lewes to break them down. Eventually they gave away a penalty and Joe Taylor put it away.

Tropical Bongo and good company made it an excellent evening. Crowd was only 352, understandable given the conditions.
Yes,I thought we were very good considering the conditions. Aveley looked a decent if unambitious and nasty side and we created a lot of chances

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Great conditions for football I thought, pitch up at Lewes is immaculate even considering the conditions tonight, fella on the gate said they've spent £800k on it, you can tell. Entertaining game which Lewes could have won, felt like proper non league weather was back, loved it. Glad they got the game on, considering Worthing on a plastic pitch got called off 😂.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought Lewes definitely deserved the draw tonight, if not more. They play some lovely crisp passing football. They are not afraid to build from the back. Just missing the end product sometimes. (sound like any other team we know?)

As @Pogue Mahone says, the conditions were wild.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've been impressed with Reece Murrell-Williamsons form recently. He was somewhat overshadowed at the tail end of last season by Razz and Olly, but he's really starting to show what he can do. The team is definitely starting to look more balanced, and the (new) new signings have definitely had a positive impact. I was down for Kingstonian away which has been postponed to accommodate Rocks at home in the Trophy. Also looking forward to resuming hostilities with Worthing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Good cup game between Horsham YMCA and Arundel the other evening, Arundel coming out 1-2 victors in an intensely fought game.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I've been impressed with Reece Murrell-Williamsons form recently. He was somewhat overshadowed at the tail end of last season by Razz and Olly, but he's really starting to show what he can do. The team is definitely starting to look more balanced, and the (new) new signings have definitely had a positive impact. I was down for Kingstonian away which has been postponed to accommodate Rocks at home in the Trophy. Also looking forward to resuming hostilities with Worthing.
I like the new left-back a lot even if he has replaced our favourite player. R M-W definitely has some talent but I do find his decision making a bit odd. He was one on one with a lot of space behind the defender a couple of times last night and went on strange cross field runs into crowds.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Broadbridge Heath are going great guns - surprise package of the season in that league so far? Still a long way to go though and it’s quite tight at the top.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Broadbridge Heath are going great guns - surprise package of the season in that league so far? Still a long way to go though and it’s quite tight at the top.

Thought match home to Lingfield would be a difficult for BBH as expectations were high after recent successes. Indeed, Lingfield may feel a bit disappointed not getting a point. BBH didn’t play particularly well for a top of the table side but in fairness always looked capable of stepping up a gear or two when required. BBH 3-2 Lingfield and 5 point lead at the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports