Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Horsham 2 - 0 Lewes

Rooks deservedly beaten by the better team on the night. Abysmal (but utterly predictable) error from Nelson for the first and Salmon for the second, an absolutely delightful free kick. Horsham go 2nd in the IP but early indications suggest theres no one anywhere near the quality of Worthing last season, so any number of teams could be in with a sniff of winning it.

Any Horsham fans on here as well? I liked your No.10 lots.

Very nice ground to visit, shame it's not nearer the centre. Very friendly locals, beer was good, and the Chicken Tikka and Chips for £4:50 was very good, despite not actually being Chicken Tikka. I think it was Uncle Ben's Sweet and Sour but may be mistaken.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Worthing v Cheshunt last night for me. Tremendous game ... literally non stop action.

It was written in the stars that Dajon Golding would score against his old team ... connecting beautifully to smash in the opening goal off the bottom of the cross bar. Cheshunt were then 2 up in 18 minutes but I had no concerns that Worthing would come back and win. As it turned out all the goals were in the first half ... Worthing indeed coming back to lead 3-2 at HT.

I still can't believe there were no goals in the second half ... it could easily have ended 7-3 to Worthing.

Great entertainment for 90+ minutes and Worthing still nicely in 3rd in NLS.

Heading to the Dripping Pan Saturday to see Lewes v Three Bridges in the FA Cup ... which will involve the consumption of pie, mash, mushy peas and gravy ... and maybe a beer or two!

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Worthing v Cheshunt last night for me. Tremendous game ... literally non stop action.

It was written in the stars that Dajon Golding would score against his old team ... connecting beautifully to smash in the opening goal off the bottom of the cross bar. Cheshunt were then 2 up in 18 minutes but I had no concerns that Worthing would come back and win. As it turned out all the goals were in the first half ... Worthing indeed coming back to lead 3-2 at HT.

I still can't believe there were no goals in the second half ... it could easily have ended 7-3 to Worthing.

Great entertainment for 90+ minutes and Worthing still nicely in 3rd in NLS.

Heading to the Dripping Pan Saturday to see Lewes v Three Bridges in the FA Cup ... which will involve the consumption of pie, mash, mushy peas and gravy ... and maybe a beer or two!

It was indeed, a very entertaining evening.
For a game with 5 goals and plenty of other opportunities it was strange to recall only one decent save from either keeper. Just a shame Ollie couldn't get on the score sheet as he needs a goal after not scoring since the trip to Weymouth.
Great start to the National League campaign for Worthing.
Hinsh has built a very good squad of players and is rotating then well. The new signings have been very good. Kane Wills is excellent in the middle and Sammie McCleod has settled in well, with young Mo Jammeh and Joe Rye from the U18s not looking out of place.
Off to Montpelier Villa v Shoreham tonight, Mile Oak v Oakwood on Friday before a trip to Slough on Saturday which will hopefully be the start of a long overdue FA Cup run.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Horsham 2 - 0 Lewes

Rooks deservedly beaten by the better team on the night. Abysmal (but utterly predictable) error from Nelson for the first and Salmon for the second, an absolutely delightful free kick. Horsham go 2nd in the IP but early indications suggest theres no one anywhere near the quality of Worthing last season, so any number of teams could be in with a sniff of winning it.

Any Horsham fans on here as well? I liked your No.10 lots.

Very nice ground to visit, shame it's not nearer the centre. Very friendly locals, beer was good, and the Chicken Tikka and Chips for £4:50 was very good, despite not actually being Chicken Tikka. I think it was Uncle Ben's Sweet and Sour but may be mistaken.

Damn, I forgot about this. [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and I were going to go as we have targeted a couple of away games.

Although given the result, I'm not that bothered that we missed it.

FA Cup on Saturday, against Three Bridges. That should be fun.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
For a game with 5 goals and plenty of other opportunities it was strange to recall only one decent save from either keeper. Just a shame Ollie couldn't get on the score sheet as he needs a goal after not scoring since the trip to Weymouth.
Hinsh has built a very good squad of players and is rotating then well. The new signings have been very good. Kane Wills is excellent in the middle and Sammie McCleod has settled in well, with young Mo Jammeh and Joe Rye from the U18s not looking out of place.
Off to Montpelier Villa v Shoreham tonight, Mile Oak v Seaford on Friday before a trip to Slough on Saturday which will hopefully be the start of a long overdue FA Cup run.

Yes, there were a few times last night when I thought Ollie was trying too hard! I can understand that given how he couldn't stop scoring last season ... it happens and those goals will come again.

Joe Rye has done brilliantly ... a very calm head for someone so young. Very close run thing for MotM last night between Mo and Sammie.

We considered Slough for Saturday but I can't be late back ... hence going to Lewes. Will be going to Hemel Hempstead on 24th though.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Damn, I forgot about this. [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and I were going to go as we have targeted a couple of away games.

Although given the result, I'm not that bothered that we missed it.

Hopefully back to winning ways, at least.

I'm targeting Kingstonian on the 19 Nov I think.

Off to Montpelier Villa v Shoreham tonight, Mile Oak v Seaford on Friday before a trip to Slough on Saturday which will hopefully be the start of a long overdue FA Cup run.
Mile Oak v seaford Friday????

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Went down to The Sportsfield to see Littlehampton's debut in the FA Trophy against fellow Isthmian SE side Ramsgate. They were able to field something resembling a first choice XI for the first time this season and it showed; overcoming their previously unbeaten visitors 1-0. Josh Short, who joined from Hassocks in the summer, scored a lovely chipped winner in the first half. Ramsgate started full of pace and looked like they would be a really difficult opponent, but the home side had the measure of them and, were it not for some very average finishing, they could have been out of site by half time. We've managed to get Kyle O'Brien back on loan from Worthing, he's a really useful left back and had a great game against a powerful, tricky Ramsgate forward who was twice his size.

On to Haywards Heath on Saturday, which I can now go to thanks to the Palace game being postponed.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I’m planning on going to this match tomorrow, on the Lewes FC website I can only see buy advance tickets, I haven’t been for maybe 3 years, is POTG still available and how much for adults?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I’m planning on going to this match tomorrow, on the Lewes FC website I can only see buy advance tickets, I haven’t been for maybe 3 years, is POTG still available and how much for adults?

Yes, POTG available. £1 more expensive though - £13 on the gate, £12 in advance.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Yes it's not going to sell out. It's normally £12 in advance,£13 on the gate, it's worth doing it online anyway as you'll get in much quicker

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
After a cracking day out at Banbury 2 weeks ago ,it's back to Shots action tomorrow v Halifax . Its live on BT at 17.20 if you want to be entertained.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here