Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Anyone going to a game on Bank Holiday Monday?
:thumbsup:

Bexhill United Football Club
@Bexhill_United
·
11h
𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗨𝗣 | Bank Holiday Monday

BUFC 🆚 [MENTION=19724]Eastbourne[/MENTION]uafc

🏆 SCFL Premier Division
📆 Monday 29th August
🏟 The So Legal Stadium
📍 Priory Lane - BN23 7QH
🕘 11.00am
🎟 Adults - £6 / OAP - £4 / u18s - £1

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
:thumbsup:

Bexhill United Football Club
@Bexhill_United
·
11h
𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗨𝗣 | Bank Holiday Monday

BUFC 🆚 [MENTION=19724]Eastbourne[/MENTION]uafc

🏆 SCFL Premier Division
📆 Monday 29th August
🏟 The So Legal Stadium
📍 Priory Lane - BN23 7QH
🕘 11.00am
🎟 Adults - £6 / OAP - £4 / u18s - £1

Why is the match being played there?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
ED70B23D-65B0-4AEE-80AA-253C0B57A1BA.jpeg

First league match on the new 3G pitch, the ground improvements looked good when I went to the FA Cup game on Tuesday.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
View attachment 151309

First league match on the new 3G pitch, the ground improvements looked good when I went to the FA Cup game on Tuesday.

If Peacehaen were Exeter, I suppose Saltdean are more the Torquay and Newhaven the Plymouth when it came to rivalry. They're closer but no-one really cares about them.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If Peacehaen were Exeter, I suppose Saltdean are more the Torquay and Newhaven the Plymouth when it came to rivalry. They're closer but no-one really cares about them.

:) Sounds about right,
I don’t think many people in Saltdean care about the football club, I will be surprised if they bring many supporters.
I would say in recent years Peacehaven have been getting the biggest crowds out of the 3, Peacehaven v Newhaven usually has a good attendance, I would like Seaford to be in the same league.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Anyone going to a game on Bank Holiday Monday?

I'm heading to Burgess Hill v Littlehampton this afternoon. Not seen much of The Marigolds this season - too many clashes with The Albion - but they seem to have had a mixed start to the season with a lot of new players and some very conspicuous absences.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm heading to Burgess Hill v Littlehampton this afternoon. Not seen much of The Marigolds this season - too many clashes with The Albion - but they seem to have had a mixed start to the season with a lot of new players and some very conspicuous absences.

Have some of the team that won the league left the club or injured?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Have some of the team that won the league left the club or injured?

Tom Biggs retired from playing, which was a really big loss, but we knew that was coming. I've heard nothing of either Joe Benn or Lucas Pattenden, arguably their best two players, since pre-season when they did play a few games. I don't believe either have left the club, so maybe it's holiday or injury. Might get a chance to ask around today. I watched them at Walton & Hersham in the cup a couple of weeks back and they were unlucky to lose 3-2, but they had the look of a much-changed side which needs time to gel.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
:) Sounds about right,
I don’t think many people in Saltdean care about the football club, I will be surprised if they bring many supporters.
I would say in recent years Peacehaven have been getting the biggest crowds out of the 3, Peacehaven v Newhaven usually has a good attendance, I would like Seaford to be in the same league.

From what l've seen of Peacehaven over the years a large percentage of their attendance make it no further than the bar, and don't have too much interest in whats going on outside.

Fair play to them, the club is obvioujsly making money from their well subscribed and attended social club. I only wish that we could do the same at Horsham YMCA as we have a large clubhouse with great facilities, but there are just too many other things going on in the town to interest people.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Tom Biggs retired from playing, which was a really big loss, but we knew that was coming. I've heard nothing of either Joe Benn or Lucas Pattenden, arguably their best two players, since pre-season when they did play a few games. I don't believe either have left the club, so maybe it's holiday or injury. Might get a chance to ask around today. I watched them at Walton & Hersham in the cup a couple of weeks back and they were unlucky to lose 3-2, but they had the look of a much-changed side which needs time to gel.

We had a not dissimilar situation at YMCA some years ago when we won the then County League and were promoted to the Isthmian ranks.

Several players walked away simply because they didn't want to take the step up and take their football more seriously, attend extra training sessions etc. that the higher level of football would demand, Bascially they just loved a game of football with their mates, and then a good drink in the bar afterwards.

That plus the fact of course that a higher grade of football will demand better players, if the club intend to try and stay there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
From what l've seen of Peacehaven over the years a large percentage of their attendance make it no further than the bar, and don't have too much interest in whats going on outside.

Fair play to them, the club is obvioujsly making money from their well subscribed and attended social club. I only wish that we could do the same at Horsham YMCA as we have a large clubhouse with great facilities, but there are just too many other things going on in the town to interest people.

The covered area outside of the bar is definitely the most popular area of the ground, but I wouldn’t say I’ve noticed people in the bar not watching the match when I’ve been there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Newhaven 5 Saltdean United 0
Saltdean keeper also saved a penalty in the first half, Newhaven far too strong against this very young Saltdean side.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Worthing drawing at home again for the 3rd time but their away form keeping them up there.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hawks beat Three Bridges 3-1 to hold second in Isthmian League South East Division.

Not good for those of us with vertigo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here