[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I was actually in line with the disallowed goal and I couldn't work out what it was for. Lino flagged offside but I couldn't see how that was possible personally given that it was bundled into the net by someone charging in

That was my sense too ... the officials weren't great. Lino was often hesitating putting flag up almost looking to the ref for re-assurance!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
That even happens in the Premier League!

Believe me, this was a different level of hesitation!

premier League if the Lino isn't sure they kind of wait for an indication from the ref - and obviously can communicate.

This was a question of Lino starting to put flag up ... ref not seeing him or at least not acknowledging him ... flag goes down ... ref then sees movement and looks to Lino who half puts flag up ... ref continues looking ... waiting ... and then the flag goes fully up. There were lots of combinations of up/down/half up etc etc

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Newhaven v Sheppey United, FA Cup reply, 7.45 KO this evening at Fort Road. First competitive match on the new 3G pitch.

Winners of this match play Lewes FC at home on Saturday 3rd September.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Believe me, this was a different level of hesitation!

premier League if the Lino isn't sure they kind of wait for an indication from the ref - and obviously can communicate.

This was a question of Lino starting to put flag up ... ref not seeing him or at least not acknowledging him ... flag goes down ... ref then sees movement and looks to Lino who half puts flag up ... ref continues looking ... waiting ... and then the flag goes fully up. There were lots of combinations of up/down/half up etc etc

In the National League South are the officials linked by microphone and earphones?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Newhaven v Sheppey United, FA Cup reply, 7.45 KO this evening at Fort Road. First competitive match on the new 3G pitch.

Winners of this match play Lewes FC at home on Saturday 3rd September.

I'll be down there, good tie up for grabs in the next round

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Saw two FA Cup games last weekend, went down to Southall on friday, to see a smash and grab from Peacehaven, before a stoic Hassocks performance saw them lose out to Uxbridge. Got Newhaven tonight in their replay, before trying to sneak in Varndeanians or Mile Oak on Monday morning, followed by a trip to ground 212 on Wednesday at Slough Town to watch their tennants Langley. I've got a free weekend on the 3rd so I will see who is about in the cup, and I've got the option of Banbury with a mate who supports Southport.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Just out of interest what is the qualifying requirement for entry to the FA Cup now?

Back in the day before ground gradings etc, it always used to be a club that charged entry and had an enclosed area.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Just out of interest what is the qualifying requirement for entry to the FA Cup now?

Back in the day before ground gradings etc, it always used to be a club that charged entry and had an enclosed area.

Not sure exactly but its everyone from Step 5 upwards this year (9th Division), but they have been known to accept some Step 6 clubs recently, as saw mile oak play in it a few years back.

Confirmation of a rumour that had done the rounds among some Rebels fans for the last week or so. Jake Robinson likely out for the whole season with a serious knee injury. Not explicitly said in the statement, but believed to be an ACL injury.

https://worthingfc.com/2022/08/robinson-injury-blow/

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Oldham v Aldershot Friday ,despite being called off [fake news] followed by Chadderton v Frickley in the Vase Saturday. One new tick .

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Think I might able along to see Worthing on Monday afternoon, is it advisable to buy tickets or is it POTG ?

could be a sell out maybe ?

i tend to buy in advance purely because it means you skip the queue. Doubt it'll completely sell out but will be quite full

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
An interesting tie for YMCA in the FA Vase First Qualifying Round on Saturday, Faversham Strike Force, away from home.

A game that normally l would be itching to go to, but alas . . . the Albion are at home, so a no brainer really.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Adam El-Abd has retired !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports