[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
According to someone in the know on social media Littlehampton secured promotion to the Isthmian League last night as their points per game average is good enough to go up.

Someone mentioned last night that if Littlehampton do go up and then get relegated from Isthmian in 22/23 the following season they would be demoted 2 divisions owing to ground grading issues!? No idea if there is any truth in this.

I believe the rules were changed fairly recently to state that promotion cannot be declined, but if the ground criteria of the higher league are not met within a predefined period (18 months?) then relegation is the punishment.

Either way, they seem very confident that they can bring the ground up to standard - I should imagine the prize money from the Vase run will help in that respect.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
I believe the rules were changed fairly recently to state that promotion cannot be declined, but if the ground criteria of the higher league are not met within a predefined period (18 months?) then relegation is the punishment.

Either way, they seem very confident that they can bring the ground up to standard - I should imagine the prize money from the Vase run will help in that respect.

Good news, deserve the chance to play at a higher level. Think it may be 9 months to bring ground upto standard once promoted judging by the Twitter comments regarding Welwyn Garden City FC. They have been denied the chance to participate in step 4 playoffs as ground has failed inspection and instead have been relegated to step 5.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Took my Nokia to the Pilot field again to see Hastings United defeat VCD Athletic 3-0 ( att 2084 ) and be crowned champions of the Isthmian South East division 2021-22

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage(66).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(66).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
  • Webp.net-resizeimage(67).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(67).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
  • Webp.net-resizeimage(68).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(68).jpg
  • Webp.net-resizeimage(69).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(69).jpg
  • Webp.net-resizeimage(70).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(70).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
  • Webp.net-resizeimage(71).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage(71).jpg
    859.7 KB · Views: 110

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Very comfortable win for Worthing this afternoon at a sunny Woodside against Carshalton.
Finished 5.0 with goals from Meekums, Webber, Pearce and 2 for Robinson.
Decent crowd of 1745 aswell.
2 more wins required for 100 points and 2 goals to reach 100 for the season.
League trophy to be presented next Saturday at home to Brightlingsea.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Newhaven 4 - Loxwood 2
Loxwood were winning 2-0 at half time, excellent comeback from Newhaven in the second half, nice afternoon in the sunshine.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Very comfortable win for Worthing this afternoon at a sunny Woodside against Carshalton.
Finished 5.0 with goals from Meekums, Webber, Pearce and 2 for Robinson.
Decent crowd of 1745 aswell.
2 more wins required for 100 points and 2 goals to reach 100 for the season.
League trophy to be presented next Saturday at home to Brightlingsea.

Good to see Worthing receive a guard of honour today. Will be there to see them presented with the trophy next week.

IMG_2677.jpeg

IMG_2681.jpeg

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Took my Nokia to the Pilot field again to see Hastings United defeat VCD Athletic 3-0 ( att 2084 ) and be crowned champions of the Isthmian South East division 2021-22

Cracking day again after the celebrations at Faversham and continued in the clubhouse. Just about spotted myself in a couple of photos.
Managed to get a photo with the trophy and another with a players medal, going to tell the grandkids I won the league :D

Great pics. Wasn't there yesterday myself, but pleased that the day finished a bit better than it started - https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2...-target-hastings-fc-with-paint-ahead-of-match

Disgraceful is an under statement. :rant:

I see the cocktail bar the chairman is involved with had the windows smashed last night. I wonder who he's p***ed off...

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Can anyone explain the play off system at this level ??

Lots of confusion amongst fans

Yep. 1st place goes up automatically. 2nd plays 5th in a 1 off game at home as they finished higher. 3rd plays 4th. Play off is the 30th April and the final is 7th May. If you look at the league, Dorking Wanderers Res can't go up as its a step clash with the 1st team.

Very weird I know.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Yep. 1st place goes up automatically. 2nd plays 5th in a 1 off game at home as they finished higher. 3rd plays 4th. Play off is the 30th April and the final is 7th May. If you look at the league, Dorking Wanderers Res can't go up as its a step clash with the 1st team.

Very weird I know.

I believe there are playoffs in the top division as well ?
Littlehampton would go up as champions and second place would go into a playoff with similar placed sides in other county leagues however it’s done on a points per game basis ??

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Following Friday's result it's confirmed a top 2 place for Littlehampton Town. With our minimum PPG ratio assuring us of a finish in the top 9 out of 16 leagues we have achieved promotion to the Isthmian League!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports