Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
For a well supported team like Bexhill playing in their local derby at Little Common, there seem to be surprisingly few fans present if your pics are anything to go by.

Something to do with it being a Bank Holiday Monday morning kick off presumably.

The Bexhill boys and girls are bouncing around behind the goal that the Pirates are attacking , hence not visible in the photos taken :bounce:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Over 500 to watch Burgess Hill play out a 2-2 draw with Chichester City. Very late equaliser for Chi but a point each a fair result. At 38, Pat Harding played his last game for Hill today.

Yep I enjoyed that.

Pat is on his way back to Hassocks, he can probably play another 5 years there if he fancies it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Over 500 to watch Burgess Hill play out a 2-2 draw with Chichester City. Very late equaliser for Chi but a point each a fair result. At 38, Pat Harding played his last game for Hill today.

Saw him play earlier this season and very glad I did - club legend.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I'm not quite sure what I witnessed yesterday at Roffey. Roffey had to match Midhursts result against Billingshurst to win the Southern Combination Division 1. They went 1-0 down within about a minute. Slowly finding their feet they fought back to be 2-1 ahead. This is where the fun began. A Roffey player slid in for a completely unnecessary 2 footed challenge, and was given a yellow card. What followed directly I wasn't sure but I believe Billingshurst's number 10 was involved in some handbags which was spotted by the lino (someone mentioned a headbutt), so as he was given his orders he decided he need to punch the Roffey player multiple times in the face. Then a melee began involving both teams, and at some point someone, punched the lino, but wasn't sure who it was but they were sent off (I think it was non playing staff). The league officials ended up being on the pitch convincing the refereeing team to carry on with the game after about a 20 minute delay. The game restarted and nothing happened until half time. Then after the break about 5 minutes into the second half the referee turned his ankle and had to be stretchered off, and a volunteer from the crowd had to be found, which resulted in a bloke in black jeans running the line. Billingshurst then had another man sent off for a second yellow before they, yes, equalised to make it 2-2. Roffey finally finished it off by scoring a 25 yard free kick to win the league in the last minute. It didn't matter in the end as Midhurst drew 1-1. Truly a great way for me to finish off one of the most chaotic divisions I've watched this season.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Gorgeous day out at the Nyecamp (my first visit) which is a very easy and enjoyable journey from Portslade. Quick couple in the Dog and Duck, which I recommend whole heartedly, and some chips on the beach.

5th spot was always an outside chance, and news of an an early Cheshunt goal dampened any expectations, but the Rocks keeper did well to tip a Phipp shot onto the bar. After that there was an inevitable feeling of huffing and puffing, and the Bognor winner wasn't a surprise.

So nowt to play for on Saturday, but it's been a wonderful season of football watching Lewes, with some spectacular highs, and pretty dismal lows. I'm genuinely excited to see what next season brings as well, assuming the management team sticks around, and if we can add some more quality at the back.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Gorgeous day out at the Nyecamp (my first visit) which is a very easy and enjoyable journey from Portslade. Quick couple in the Dog and Duck, which I recommend whole heartedly, and some chips on the beach.

5th spot was always an outside chance, and news of an an early Cheshunt goal dampened any expectations, but the Rocks keeper did well to tip a Phipp shot onto the bar. After that there was an inevitable feeling of huffing and puffing, and the Bognor winner wasn't a surprise.

So nowt to play for on Saturday, but it's been a wonderful season of football watching Lewes, with some spectacular highs, and pretty dismal lows. I'm genuinely excited to see what next season brings as well, assuming the management team sticks around, and if we can add some more quality at the back.

Indeed. Disappointing end but some excellent attacking football and brilliant goals. We are very in development against some teams who have been in place for a while. Really looking forward to next season

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Indeed. Disappointing end but some excellent attacking football and brilliant goals. We are very in development against some teams who have been in place for a while. Really looking forward to next season
Agreed a good season but sending offs in recent games & conceding soft late goals has proved costly.onwards & upwards rooks

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Seemed to be a day of incidents yesterday.

Rocks derby (Tunbridge Wells V Rusthall) which finished 4-3 to the home side was held up by a supporter confronting the Tunbridge Wells goalkeeper after he threw a smoke bomb that had been thrown on the pitch back into the crowd. Wasn't there myself but heard about it from several people who did the double header of that game and then Crowborough Bearsted in the afternoon. Expect most of those people had probably wished they'd just gone to the pub instead as it finished 0-0 and was as dull as it sounds.

Some pics of the TW incident here: https://www.sittl.co.uk/-/galleries.../2022-04-18-tunbridge-wells-v-rusthall/page/4

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Despite not being there I was pleased to see such a big crowd at Peacehaven although I’m sad to say a couple of recent personal incidents have prompted me to change my plans from next season. As I’ve mentioned previously me and the boy will try and do an Albion away once a month (after a few years break) and there are some clubs I’ve been meaning to visit but haven’t got round to yet (Top of the list include Clapton, Dulwich Hamlet and FC Dieppe) So any suggestions for a bit of ground hopping (preferably Step 3 and below with a bit of vocal support) will be welcome

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm not quite sure what I witnessed yesterday at Roffey. Roffey had to match Midhursts result against Billingshurst to win the Southern Combination Division 1. They went 1-0 down within about a minute. Slowly finding their feet they fought back to be 2-1 ahead. This is where the fun began. A Roffey player slid in for a completely unnecessary 2 footed challenge, and was given a yellow card. What followed directly I wasn't sure but I believe Billingshurst's number 10 was involved in some handbags which was spotted by the lino (someone mentioned a headbutt), so as he was given his orders he decided he need to punch the Roffey player multiple times in the face. Then a melee began involving both teams, and at some point someone, punched the lino, but wasn't sure who it was but they were sent off (I think it was non playing staff). The league officials ended up being on the pitch convincing the refereeing team to carry on with the game after about a 20 minute delay. The game restarted and nothing happened until half time. Then after the break about 5 minutes into the second half the referee turned his ankle and had to be stretchered off, and a volunteer from the crowd had to be found, which resulted in a bloke in black jeans running the line. Billingshurst then had another man sent off for a second yellow before they, yes, equalised to make it 2-2. Roffey finally finished it off by scoring a 25 yard free kick to win the league in the last minute. It didn't matter in the end as Midhurst drew 1-1. Truly a great way for me to finish off one of the most chaotic divisions I've watched this season.

Roffey being promoted into the SCFL Premier Division will provide Horsham YMCA with our 2nd derby of the season next year, Broadbridge Heath being the other.

We have had our share with run ins with Roffey over the years from meeting in cup competitions etc. the latest being a mass melee in a pre season friendly just before the pandemic, so what you say doesn't at all surprise me!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Despite not being there I was pleased to see such a big crowd at Peacehaven although I’m sad to say a couple of recent personal incidents have prompted me to change my plans from next season. As I’ve mentioned previously me and the boy will try and do an Albion away once a month (after a few years break) and there are some clubs I’ve been meaning to visit but haven’t got round to yet (Top of the list include Clapton, Dulwich Hamlet and FC Dieppe) So any suggestions for a bit of ground hopping (preferably Step 3 and below with a bit of vocal support) will be welcome

Well I can recommend Fisher FC for one, and Woodford town for another two big vocal supports.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Did you move round to the other side 3/4 of the way through the first half ?
Saw two Brighton lads near to where I was standing, seagull tattoo on your leg ?

We moved at half time to the end Newhaven were attacking ( non league change ends )
Yes my son has got the seagull tattoo on his leg.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Might see you at Hassocks for The Peter Bentley Cup Final ??

We had a conversation yesterday about going, I was asking my son about parking in Hassocks as he’s played there, he said there is a small car park at the ground and that’s it. Probably get on the train if we go as the station is about 10 minutes walk.

How come you went to the match yesterday, do you live over this way now?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
We had a conversation yesterday about going, I was asking my son about parking in Hassocks as he’s played there, he said there is a small car park at the ground and that’s it. Probably get on the train if we go as the station is about 10 minutes walk.

How come you went to the match yesterday, do you live over this way now?

Sent you a PM

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Off to Worthing to see the title lift today and then I start to lose non league games, not to worry, I’m course for 198 games before the end of the season so I reckon I can sneak in a play off or two to get to 200 games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here