Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Decent game at Shoreham last night.
Frenetic, end to end first half with Shoreham missing a couple of great chances before Pagham went in front. Shoreham made it 1.1 with a deflected effort just before half time after an uncontested drop ball which annoyed the Pagham contingent.
Second half saw fewer chances although both sides could have won it towards the end.
Straight to penalties and despite going 2.0 up Shoreham went out. Shoreham had a chance to win the shootout but a panenka penalty to clinch it hit the crossbar!!
Impressed with the Shoreham 11, had a good game down the right wing.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
The bar is closed but it’s “UNDER THE LIGHTS” I’m never sure why under the lights is some sort of novelty ???

Well we have had some classics “under the lights” and sometimes the atmosphere picks up if a few have had a skinful, however it’s hardly Liverpool v St Etienne 1977.

Reminder: you CAN get a beer, from the tea hatch, but there might be a queue, personally I’d have a couple of cans in my pocket, my conscience would be clear if I paid my seven quid to get in and would no doubt have a few when the queue died down (however I’m working so it’s irrelevant)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Heading off to Crawley Down Gatwick v Littlehampton tonight, managing to sneak in some Thursday night football to take me to 146 games this season, and my 175th Ground.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Heading off to Crawley Down Gatwick v Littlehampton tonight, managing to sneak in some Thursday night football to take me to 146 games this season, and my 175th Ground.

That 146 is phenomenal - I’m on 80 and feel like I’ve done a lot more than usual!

What’s the Saturday plan for everyone on Non League day?

Finally doing Bexhill here and Totton & Eling Friday eve.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
That 146 is phenomenal - I’m on 80 and feel like I’ve done a lot more than usual!

I've met plenty who've done more :lolol:, I'm off to Wealdstone v Bromley, £10 with a Brighton season ticket.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Whitehawk v Sevenoaks.

I will be one of the people shaking a bucket to collect for Prostate Cancer Research. Put some in if you're there!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Enjoyable second trip in 9 days - this time they managed to get the floodlights working - to The Haven this evening, to watch Littlehampton move back to the top of the SCFL Prem with a 3-1 win at Crawley Down Gatwick. The hosts were well up for it and capitalised on a defensive error to take the lead, but once Littlehampton equalised with a long-range screamer it was one-way traffic. Could and should have been more than 3-1, but we're finding a bit of form just in time for the Vase match. Fourth game in eight days on Saturday at home to Uckfield, before a free week in the build up to the Loughborough match (1,500 tickets sold so far). I watched YouTube footage of the students winning the national University cup last night; it's going to be a very difficult game.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Enjoyable second trip in 9 days - this time they managed to get the floodlights working - to The Haven this evening, to watch Littlehampton move back to the top of the SCFL Prem with a 3-1 win at Crawley Down Gatwick. The hosts were well up for it and capitalised on a defensive error to take the lead, but once Littlehampton equalised with a long-range screamer it was one-way traffic. Could and should have been more than 3-1, but we're finding a bit of form just in time for the Vase match. Fourth game in eight days on Saturday at home to Uckfield, before a free week in the build up to the Loughborough match (1,500 tickets sold so far). I watched YouTube footage of the students winning the national University cup last night; it's going to be a very difficult game.

The equaliser was an absolute cracker

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Making the trip to East Grinstead to watch Hastings, will be heading straight from work so if you spot a random postman in the crowd, that could well be me :thumbsup:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Things not looking good at Saltdean. Seems the chairman has had some legal issues.

Assume this will end the development plans at the club that he was funding.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Worthing win 2-0 away to 7th place Cheshunt.

10 points clear at the top with 5 games to go. Home games against 10th, 15th & 19th. Away games against 13th and 16th.

It’s not over until it’s over, but it would take a monumental f*ck-up for Worthing not to lift a title that they richly deserve now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here