Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Another one who went to the Pilot Field yesterday. 2-0 win, 12 points clear at the top, beautiful weather and a couple of pints of Guinness. :drink:

View attachment 146205

Literally just saw this photo on Facebook, thought I was going mad for sec!

It was a glorious day weren't it. I may have slightly misjudged the temp going out in my shorts :rolleyes:
Hoping I can get work done in good time next week and make the trip to East Grinstead...

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Worthing bounce back from their defeat at Stortford on Tuesday with a comfortable 3.0 win at Potters Bar this afternoon.

Worthing on top throughout without really having to exert themselves. Potters didn't manage a single decent effort on target all game.

Two goals in the first half, both well taken finishes by Marvin Armstrong and Reece Meekums with an own goal wrapping up the points late on.

10 points clear with 6 to play after Stortford grabbed a late winner from near the halfway line at Lewes.

Good 3 points for Worthing. I've seen the BS goal ... think the Lewes keeper must have been caught out of position ever so slightly!! To concede like that ... in added time :facepalm:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Had a lovely afternoon yesterday watching Shoreham v Epsom & Ewell - shame about the defeat, but a glorious afternoon spent in the sunshine followed by a few pints in town after.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I cant describe the frustration at conceding that Bishops goal. Rooks were deserving of a point at least, complete sucker punch after a momentary lapse.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Surely the wheels are going to have to seriously come off for Worthing to fail now.

Never say never but I can’t see Worthing failing now, in the summer the club will be National League ready both on and off the pitch and perhaps may even attract some more disaffected support from the Amex?

One question, perhaps for any Eastbourne Borough fans on here, is that right you cannot drink alcohol in sight of the pitch in the National Leagues?

If so, that will certainly p*** a lot of the existing Worthing support off.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Never say never but I can’t see Worthing failing now, in the summer the club will be National League ready both on and off the pitch and perhaps may even attract some more disaffected support from the Amex?

One question, perhaps for any Eastbourne Borough fans on here, is that right you cannot drink alcohol in sight of the pitch in the National Leagues?

Depends on the licence rules at the ground from what I understand.
At Havant you can buy alcohol in the ground and I remember seeing people with pints at St Albans when Worthing played there in the FA Cup in 19/20.
However at Dorking you don't seem to be allowed to drink pitch side but have to remain in the dedicated fanzones with alcohol.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

Think it’s local ground regulations/licensing or club choice.

I’ve drunk alcohol by the pitch at Dulwich, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Brackley but made to stay in the bar at Dorking, Bath, Gloucester, Hereford.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
When Whitehawk were National League South it was fine to drink by the pitch for league matches.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Would they then be in same league as Eastbourne Borough

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I'm pretty sure the National League is the cut off point for drinking in site of the pitch. You would be allowed to drink in site of the pitch in the National League South.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
I cant describe the frustration at conceding that Bishops goal. Rooks were deserving of a point at least, complete sucker punch after a momentary lapse.

Agreed it was very disappointing. I thought Bishop's Stortford looked very organised at the back and worked hard but never really threatened Lewes. I thought a draw was definitely fair result. It was horrible watching that shot go in at the end, it almost seemed to go in slow motion.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Agreed it was very disappointing. I thought Bishop's Stortford looked very organised at the back and worked hard but never really threatened Lewes. I thought a draw was definitely fair result. It was horrible watching that shot go in at the end, it almost seemed to go in slow motion.

Completely agree. Looking tougher and tougher to claim 5th, but I'm keeping the faith.

Also it was absolutely gorgeous to watch he full match in the glorious spring sunshine. Plus the beer and pie was as exquisite as ever.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
A poor result for Torquay away at Halifax, lost 2-0 despite dominating the first 60 minutes, it was inevitable they would score. Halifax was a lovely town with some very decent pubs, and loved the Shay, even though they've closed 2 stands which is a shame. Heading off to Lewisham Borough vs Meridian VP tonight in SCEFL Division 1, before catching Beckenham Town tomorrow in the combined counties, finally rounding off the midweek with Kensington and Ealing Borough.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
Completely agree. Looking tougher and tougher to claim 5th, but I'm keeping the faith.

Also it was absolutely gorgeous to watch he full match in the glorious spring sunshine. Plus the beer and pie was as exquisite as ever.

Yeah it is looking tougher and tougher, but like you say we'll keep the faith.

It was a beautiful day on Saturday, and it was brilliant drinking Harvey's in the sun watching the footie. Hoping we might have a few more like that for the last few home games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here