Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
With no Premier league stuff this weekend, why not get down to your local side for some cracking non-league football. I shall be at the Shoreham v Epson & Ewell match which should be a cracker in the cup baring in mind their league postions. I've met 10 other former B&HA ST holders at Middle Road this season, so the non league scene definitely offers a good cheaper and more convenient option for your footy fix. Then the evening down the pub a 10 min walk away.

Yep, I'm off to the battle of the Littles (Common v Hampton) on Saturday. Really looking forward to a train journey that won't involve shoe-horning myself onto an inadequately carriaged train, watching a competitve game without VAR and the absence of prima-donna players hurling themselve to the ground every couple of minutes to 'manage the game'. And change out of £30, taking into account a few beers.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
With no Premier league stuff this weekend, why not get down to your local side for some cracking non-league football. I shall be at the Shoreham v Epson & Ewell match which should be a cracker in the cup baring in mind their league postions. I've met 10 other former B&HA ST holders at Middle Road this season, so the non league scene definitely offers a good cheaper and more convenient option for your footy fix. Then the evening down the pub a 10 min walk away.

Excellent selection of vegan grub, and the world famous "Do you want PEPPER in your BOVRIL" lady serving through the hatch. Plus The Musselmen have an eccentric goalie, and a winger who does backflips - what's not to like.

I can recommend heartily to anyone who wants to get a match in.

(I'll be watching Lewes battle probably the league's form team in Bishops Stortford)

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Excellent selection of vegan grub, and the world famous "Do you want PEPPER in your BOVRIL" lady serving through the hatch. Plus The Musselmen have an eccentric goalie, and a winger who does backflips - what's not to like.

(I'll be watching Lewes battle probably the league's form team in Bishops Stortford)

What is the average attendance at Shoreham now?

I remember watching them play Wimbledon when they got their new floodlights, i am sure i got Dave Beasant??? autograph.

Also played their a few times.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

If you're coming to Lewes from the West and driving there's a diversion in place.

https://www.eastsussexhighways.com/shoreham-ninfield-abnormal-load-19-march-2022

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Yep, I'm off to the battle of the Littles (Common v Hampton) on Saturday. Really looking forward to a train journey that won't involve shoe-horning myself onto an inadequately carriaged train, watching a competitve game without VAR and the absence of prima-donna players hurling themselve to the ground every couple of minutes to 'manage the game'. And change out of £30, taking into account a few beers.

A really nice ground to visit but quite a long walk from the nearest railway station .

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Sussex Senior Cup Final confirmed for May 10th (a tuesday night) at the Amex

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Heading up to Halifax on Saturday with my Torquay supporting mate, love the shay, a proper old school football ground. Halifax has some great pubs as well.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

Unfortunately Pascal left 2 weeks ago. No more flips.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.hastingsunited.com/news...ment-plans-scrapped-hastings-borough-council/

Tilekiln Development Plans Scrapped Hastings Borough Council

Hastings United Football Club can confirm they have received confirmation from Hastings Borough Council that they no longer want to proceed with the redevelopment of Tilekiln Playing Fields for a multipurpose sporting facility complex, which would include a brand-new stadium.

Sadly, there seems to have been a change in mindset from the council on the project which disappointingly has led to the club wasting the last two years of planning at considerable cost.

We are aware a full statement will be released by the council today publicly.

The statement will include that Hastings Borough Council propose they would like to help Hastings United explore redevelopment of The Pilot Field.

We as a club are open to listen to the council’s proposals and look to hold a meeting with them immediately.

We will update supporters after the meeting has taken place.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
There social club is pretty good 2

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Its been recommended , amongst other, visited the town a few times when at university in Huddersfield, very nice area, and the nightclub had a 90p triple deal and a violently coloured 'Halifax Traffic Light' cocktail.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Its been recommended , amongst other, visited the town a few times when at university in Huddersfield, very nice area, and the nightclub had a 90p triple deal and a violently coloured 'Halifax Traffic Light' cocktail.
A proper football ground the SHAY

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
https://www.hastingsunited.com/news...ment-plans-scrapped-hastings-borough-council/

Hastings United Football Club can confirm they have received confirmation from Hastings Borough Council that they no longer want to proceed with the redevelopment of Tilekiln Playing Fields for a multipurpose sporting facility complex, which would include a brand-new stadium.

Sadly, there seems to have been a change in mindset from the council on the project which disappointingly has led to the club wasting the last two years of planning at considerable cost.

The statement will include that Hastings Borough Council propose they would like to help Hastings United explore redevelopment of The Pilot Field.

We as a club are open to listen to the council’s proposals and look to hold a meeting with them immediately.

Sounds like a setback but maybe the Pilot Field option could work out well for them. I've only been once (for a Brighton friendly) and it felt a bit shabby if I'm honest, but with potential to be improved. Good luck to them.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sounds like a setback but maybe the Pilot Field option could work out well for them. I've only been once (for a Brighton friendly) and it felt a bit shabby if I'm honest, but with potential to be improved. Good luck to them.

Pity The one Sussex non league club that has a large catchment area with little competition that could attract 4/5k crowds if in league 1/2. However always used to say that about Crawley and they only attract two thousand plus

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings

I'm not pulling my hair out just yet as like the majority of Hastings fans I would've preferred us to redevelop the Pilot Field if possible.
As someone who plays ESFL football I'm gutted as this town is crying out for a decent full sized 3g/4g pitch, look at the facilities in Eastbourne compared to what we have...
The council say they want to preserve green space in the town, yet are happy to see Harrow Lane built on, proposed to build on the oval and the cricket club have moved out of town and the Horntye field will more than likely be built on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here