Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

johnjim

Sep 2, 2008
bexhill
Parking at Polgrove for Bexhill United game is plentiful and free after 6 pm, in most places , just check signs to be sure. The sea front is only 50 meters from ground, and you get to watch match from an Edwardian grand stand , ( not very well maintained by council ) but nonetheless quaint.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Parking at Polgrove for Bexhill United game is plentiful and free after 6 pm, in most places , just check signs to be sure. The sea front is only 50 meters from ground, and you get to watch match from an Edwardian grand stand , ( not very well maintained by council ) but nonetheless quaint.
Thank you

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Decent 3-1 win for Lewes, Toby Bull didn’t have much chance with the goals, made a few good close range stops and looked very decent with his feet. I feel like watching this Lewes team is very different to recent years, in that they are actually quite good, as recently they have always been crap. Play very nice football for that level as well.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Decent 3-1 win for Lewes, Toby Bull didn’t have much chance with the goals, made a few good close range stops and looked very decent with his feet. I feel like watching this Lewes team is very different to recent years, in that they are actually quite good, as recently they have always been crap. Play very nice football for that level as well.

We have got a completely new team. I think only Santos and D'Areinza (sp) remain who've played before this season and they're both youngsters. We signed Cray Wanderer's manager and coaches and 5or 6 of the team and everyone else is new.

But yes the Football is a lot better for season, and seem to be building something

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Which of our local teams are still in FA Cup ?

On Saturday its Chichester v Maidstone, Burgess Hill v Dorking, Hanwell v Eastbourne Borough, Broadfields v Hastings, Kingstonian v Horsham and Slough v Horsham in the FA Cup showing on the BBC fixtures page.

Littlehampton go top at Uckfield (the land that time forgot) :moo:

Attachments

• IMG_20210915_081857.jpg
    IMG_20210915_081857.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Lancing 0 v 1 Haywards Heath.

Decent competitive match at Culver Road which could probably have gone either way with some more clinical finishing.

I will also note that for pre match food and drink in the vicinity of the ground that Lancing is now PHENOMENAL.

The Stanley Alehouse is obviously very good, and the pizza place next door - O' Curniciello is utterly, utterly superb (and cheap).

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Comfortable win for Worthing last night. Took our chances and scored 4 very good goals. Margin of victory would have been far greater but for an great performance from the Leatherhead keeper.
In the play off places without playing particularly well so far and some key players to return from injury. Hopefully the promotion push for the 3rd time is asking will be a successful one.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Couldn't justify a 2hr+ round trip to this one on a school night, but looking forward to seeing if Littlehampton can maintain their top position on Saturday when they host Hassocks.

After two more heavy defeats. 4-0 at Abbey Rangers in the 1st round of the FA Vase last Sat, and by the sme scoreline at home to Saltdean United in the SCFL last night, l'm dreading Littlehampton's visit to Horsham YMCA for a rearranged league game on Sat week.

I fear a goalfest awaits, all at the wrong end for my liking. :nono:

After two more heavy defeats. 4-0 at Abbey Rangers in the 1st round of the FA Vase last Sat, and by the sme scoreline at home to Saltdean United in the SCFL last night, l'm dreading Littlehampton's visit to Horsham YMCA for a rearranged league game on Sat week.

I fear a goalfest awaits, all at the wrong end for my liking. :nono:
Things can change in two weeks???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Things can change in two weeks???

Get even worse you mean? . . . yes that's true lol.

The Marigolds have a strong team this season and are full of goals. Another promotion looms for them me thinks.

To be fair though, we are going through a transitional stage at YM trhis season, have a young manager with a lot of new players, we'll improve given time.

The Marigolds have a strong team this season and are full of goals. Another promotion looms for them me thinks.

To be fair though, we are going through a transitional stage at YM trhis season, have a young manager with a lot of new players, we'll improve given time.
Might not be as strong when they play Horsham ???

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

Although Littlehampton are in with a shout of winning the league (I fear they may fall just short), I don't think they'll be seeking promotion based on past experience. On the two previous occasions when they have won the County League they have chosen to stay put. I don't think the ground would meet the required regulations for a higher division; the fact that they share with the cricket club is part of the problem as they cannot make one side of the ground permanent and I believe that they also have to conceed first pick of August/September dates to the cricketers. That's why the Whitehawk game a couple of weeks back was on a Sunday. Also, the main stand is rather 'rickety', and that's being kind. New floodlights are good, though.

I'd love to be proved wrong, the population of Littlehampton has exploded over the last 20 years and should be able to support a team higher up the pyramid. There were 525 at the Whitehawk game, and 200+ is not uncommon - even without any real marketing. I've no idea whether there is any aspiration to go higher, I've always told myself that I would invest if I ever won the lottery....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here