Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Nick

Dec 15, 2014
Here

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I believe that I have it correct that Sussex Police (I've never worked for SP) are in PCS. See if you can find the specific union rules. I guarantee you it is clearly defined somewhere.

http://www.pcs.org.uk/

Police officers are prohibited in law from being members of a trade union.

They're usually members of the Police Federation: I couldn't tell you what the actual difference is in real terms between that and a trade union, but legally, it's not classed as one & they don't have the same rights as unions do for their employees. Can't go on strike, for example.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I bet all the munter PC's are hidden away, during filming. Unless you're one of the bosses.

Nice.

Presume everyone in your office is an absolute stunner, yourself included.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Here's a
bridge.jpg.

Get over it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When a friend of mine was in the MET I recall him and his colleagues telling me that they indeed have a bad rep but one of the worst reputations in the UK police force is that of Sussex Police. General misplaced over enthusiasm for the job and heavy handedness . I've experienced that first hand from them and this program does nothing to dispel that reputation.
Not quite as bad as those two clowns, the PCSO's a program followed a few years back, dicking around with budgerigars or some such lollygagging.
Still, always nice to see Brighton on the telly box. I shan't be viewing for a second time though.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I recently had dealings with sussex police , I cannot praise them enough for their professionalism and the way they went about their job, and I was on the ''wrong'' end of the deal so to speak.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I got stopped by two shining examples while filming some Skinheads throwing the nazi salute at an Asian photographer at the first March for England . Accused of being part of an opposing faction, searched, details taken, phone gone through. All the time letting these cavemen get away with violently racist behaviour right in front of them. Rude aggressive cowardly idiots.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have always found local cops to be very professional, polite.

But then, I don't do drugs / theft / assault, and other bad things. apart from lurk on forums, Tsk tsk.
Or been unlucky enough to have had a malicious untrue allegation made against you, for which you are treated guilty until the inconvenience of your actual innocence comes to light ? ???

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Right little hunt! That bloke was!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here