Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Moan About The Ticketing System Thread............

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't understand why they can't be uploaded. They were for the Palace & Derby play off games.

Didn't the club installer a new (cheaper) ticket system a couple of years ago? Maybe it's only now we're seeing the limitations of this different system?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Didn't the club installer a new (cheaper) ticket system a couple of years ago? Maybe it's only now we're seeing the limitations of this different system?

You're right. They also dropped the auto cup games option - presumably because the new system cannot handle it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're right. They also dropped the auto cup games option - presumably because the new system cannot handle it.

By all accounts today has been a right ball-ache for many supporters. Be interesting to hear what Barber has to say about this.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Linked in from the club e-mail and connected to position 850 or so - connected to ticket site in about twenty minutes and bought ticket with no problem. Did not like going straight to home tickets, so came out.

Back to club e-mail and read it - followed instruction and connected after five minutes - clicked on reserved tickets and paid for usual seat. Looks as it they are printing tickets so asked for mine to be posted.

Simples

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
No luck with ticket for friday but saves a problem. Massive barbershop quartet competition taking place in salt Dean and my team in with good chance of wining. Were opening with Daddy Kool by Bony M and if get threw the heats going to do a Shawaddywaddy medley can't go into exact details as where its taking place as OB might be watching and top prize of £25 and a meat platter might attract there eyes as no VAT being charged on tickets

Regards

DR

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No luck with ticket for friday but saves a problem. Massive barbershop quartet competition taking place in salt Dean and my team in with good chance of wining. Were opening with Daddy Kool by Bony M and if get threw the heats going to do a Shawaddywaddy medley can't go into exact details as where its taking place as OB might be watching and top prize of £25 and a meat platter might attract there eyes as no VAT being charged on tickets

Regards

DR

Think you have gone with the wrong Daddy Cool, you would have a better change with Daddy Cool which was originally done by the Rays and covered by the Darts years later while the same title a different and better song for barbershop singing

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
sorry, being thick. What option do I take to add family and friends?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
By all accounts today has been a right ball-ache for many supporters. Be interesting to hear what Barber has to say about this.

He should be saying why the ticket system was unable to:

1. Issue home tickets to season ticket holders from 10am due to no reserved seat being shown
2. Why friends and family have disappeared
3. Why it was necessary for season ticket holders to click on a link rather than buy when the system was updated during the morning
4. Why season ticket holders have to print or get a ticket sent to them rather than uploading to season ticket card
5. When is the system going be overhauled so that it works first time every time

While we don't want to get ahead of ourselves what stress and anger is likely to be generated if we get to the play off final.

Evryone says that the club is PL ready in terms of stadium, training centre, and squad but the ticketing system seems to be still stuck in League 1 at best

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Went to site. Clicked buy tickets.
Logged in with fan number.
Was shown a list of my family and friends and asked to check the ones I would like tickets for.
Clicked and paid for tickets for whole family.
5 mins from start to finish so no complaints from me.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Was shown a list of my family and friends and asked to check the ones I would like tickets for.

They must have sorted the problems out by the time you logged in because it was a bloody nightmare first thing this morning ! Got mine after repeatedly logging out and back in before my reserved tickets were visible.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
He should be saying why the ticket system was unable to:

4. Why season ticket holders have to print or get a ticket sent to them rather than uploading to season ticket card

I was expecting to see an option that simply updates my season ticket - but then I remembered upgrading my sons ST to an adult ticket for the first game of the season and having all sorts of aggro at the turnstile because the card didn't work, only to be sent to the ticket office and was told that I had to scan the paper ticket not the season ticket. I complained to PB about this because I wasn't told this when I upgraded the ST. He told me the club had changed their approach to not update the ST cards because people wanted the flexibility to be able to give a paper ticket to someone else rather than hand over their season ticket to someone else - this just wasn't communicated very well at all. I'm assuming they've adopted the same approach for these play off tickets.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I was expecting to see an option that simply updates my season ticket - but then I remembered upgrading my sons ST to an adult ticket for the first game of the season and having all sorts of aggro at the turnstile because the card didn't work, only to be sent to the ticket office and was told that I had to scan the paper ticket not the season ticket. I complained to PB about this because I wasn't told this when I upgraded the ST. He told me the club had changed their approach to not update the ST cards because people wanted the flexibility to be able to give a paper ticket to someone else rather than hand over their season ticket to someone else - this just wasn't communicated very well at all. I'm assuming they've adopted the same approach for these play off tickets.

Yes. I've paper-clipped the print outs to my season ticket cards, as I'm WELL CAPABLE of forgetting on the day and just grabbing the plastic wallet.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

There is no place for the likes of you on NSC

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Still not letting me buy family and friends!

Give 'em a tinkle phone.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here